Moulds

goonaman

Still Fresh
I was just wondering if there is any more information ED or Craigix can give us about the moulds. It seems like it's taken a lot longer than the 35 days it should originally take and problems with shrinkage would surely have happened earlier during the process if they had been working on it for the length of time they have. Are there any problems with the company, like with communication, lower priority under other customers etc.? I think Craig said that this was the company that worked on the GP2X case so they've been worked with before. Would just like to know a bit more about where we are with this because everything else seems to be ready. Would be great if someone could let us know more about the dealings with this company and maybe reasons why it seems to be taking longer than it was estimated. I'm fine with delays but i think sometimes lately speculation has been causing a bit of conflict on the boards. It's a difficult job knowing what information to share but if we understood more about the delays that are caused then that might help.

goonaman said:
I was just wondering if there is any more information ED or Craigix can give us about the moulds. It seems like it's taken a lot longer than the 35 days it should originally take and problems with shrinkage would surely have happened earlier during the process if they had been working on it for the length of time they have. Are there any problems with the company, like with communication, lower priority under other customers etc.? I think Craig said that this was the company that worked on the GP2X case so they've been worked with before. Would just like to know a bit more about where we are with this because everything else seems to be ready. Would be great if someone could let us know more about the dealings with this company and maybe reasons why it seems to be taking longer than it was estimated. I'm fine with delays but i think sometimes lately speculation has been causing a bit of conflict on the boards. It's a difficult job knowing what information to share but if we understood more about the delays that are caused then that might help.

chhht, you evil disbeliver, you've already been toss a bone in the form of nice led shinning through some transparent plastic today...that should be by far enough news for a few days

Last edited by a moderator:
Elwing said:
goonaman said:
chhht, you evil disbeliver, you've already been toss a bone in the form of nice led shinning through some transparent plastic today...that should be by far enough news for a few days

Ah yes, sarcasm. This is good, very good indeed.

I have a question about the moulds too.

If they are left by themselves too long in damp conditions, does fungus start growing quickly on them?

We are expecting a delivery this week, but I don't want to guess when it is coming exactly. The 1000 can arrive anytime up to about the 10th and we are still cool for Christmas shipping.

craigix said:
We are expecting a delivery this week, but I don't want to guess when it is coming exactly. The 1000 can arrive anytime up to about the 10th and we are still cool for Christmas shipping.
fingers_crossed.jpg

craigix said:
They'll arrive on the 11th.

craigix said:

Hey Craig, does this mean you have green lighted the full case production? Or does this delivery refer to the last of the test cases Michael is waiting for? Please clarify!

Thank You
Jumpman

I think it refers to the last test parts of the case. I hope everything will be okay then!

jumpman said:
craigix said:

Hey Craig, does this mean you have green lighted the full case production? Or does this delivery refer to the last of the test cases Michael is waiting for? Please clarify!

Thank You
Jumpman

Yes that's not been clear at all. Whether it's been green lit or whether MWeston still has to approve first. Either way you said that 1000 cases were going to be produced by today, but then it'll take 10 days to ship? That leads me to believe they've not been done yet.

Again, I am just glad I am between 700-800 and live relatively close to Texas.

craigix said:
It has sort-of been green lighted. I'll explain more later.

Uh oh! I'm on edge now! LOL! Craig, I must say you are the constant showman, that's what seperates you from the rest of the Openpandora crew. Anyway, This is the first time I believe you have stuck firm to a release date, for more then one post, So I'm really hoping everything works out this month and Christmas is a reality for some. With all the prototypes, and constant feedback, I have no fear that the final product will be outstanding. Here's hoping for the best this week!

P.S. There will be silkscreening right?

Jumpman

Creature XL said:
Sort of geen-lighted

OMG. Will they never learn?

But still, I am so dumb to hope that it is true THIS time. :)
It's the brain washing. You don't notice until it's taken effect, and then you don't really care.

WizardStan said:
Creature XL said:
Sort of geen-lighted

OMG. Will they never learn?

But still, I am so dumb to hope that it is true THIS time. :)
It's the brain washing. You don't notice until it's taken effect, and then you don't really care.
Oh yeah, the brainwashing, right... Well, my parietal lobe still hurts from the radiation treatment (their cryptic messages weren't enough in my case) but other than that, yeah, I'm pretty used to it now.

I'm waiting to hear back from someone, so I can't really say anymore now. I could just stop giving you information in real time, but then...

somehow green?

then is it somehow around #00FF00?
i would place my bet on #AAFF00.

XD

anyway hope the Test cases for this week really set on #0F0 so i get mine on 2010
XD no panda for birthday only photos!.

Back