Dead Pixels / Silkscreening Sadness

zohnnyg

whats the dead pixel ratio for our pandora screens so far(i hope im using the right terminology)? like for instance 1 in every 100 pandora screens has a dead pixel on it. are there any numbers for this yet by chance? im just wondering. are pandora screens even susceptible to this?

also i just wanted to say ill be sad if my pandora doesnt have the silkscreened stuff on it. my pandora is paid for so if somehow i can wait for the batch that has the silkscreened areas on it im willing to wait for that. (im refering to a different thread that was speculating that if theres a problem with the silkscreen setup the first pandoras might be blank. if it were to happen im just sayin).

p.s. can we have black screws in pandora instead of the silver colored ones?

I'm pretty sure you and everyone else, after Christmas will be getting the silkscreen on it.

As for the black screws instead of the silver ones...Hmmm...that's not such a bad idea.
Consider it all good if they remain silver, because you can always do a careful touch up job with some (friendly) black paint. B)

what do you mean by covers? like a snap on frame around the screen? or little circle cover thingys for each screw?

SONY said:
If they 'somehow' come off (wear and tear), then it might be relevant, right? That is, unless you mash up/make some covers yourself.

good point really, there's no reason why they shouldn't be black.. what about the ones on the underside? hope they're not silver since they won't be covered

Last edited by a moderator:
im talking about the 4 silver screws around the screen of an open pandora in the new pics from today. i hope all exteral screws will be black too.

zohnnyg said:
what do you mean by covers? like a snap on frame around the screen? or little circle cover thingys for each screw?
I think, little circle cover thingies. ED mentioned them recently on the German board. He said that there were pictures somewhere, dunno.

im a clutz i would screw up painting silver screws black. seriously simple as it is i would end up ruining it somehow.

I actually like those visible screws, gives the Pandora a somewhat "industrial" look.

zohnnyg said:
im a clutz i would screw up painting silver screws black. seriously simple as it is i would end up ruining it somehow.
why don't you replace them with black ones?
I'm going to replace mine with triwing just to piss myself off.

Eight Bit said:
gawd... can I have my screws in pink?

pffff....

you're right. screw the case altogether and let's just ship the board!

Paradox said:
Eight Bit said:
gawd... can I have my screws in pink?

pffff....

you're right. screw the case altogether and let's just ship the board!

Srry guys, just getting a bit tired of everyone nitpicking and debating on every small detail there is..

Just have a little faith in the dev team. I'm sure they want the product to be the best it can be and they'll ask the community if they're unsure about something they need to decide on.

Somehow I don't think the color of the screws in the bottom of the case is even close to being one of those topics though.

A community project will bring out the OCD in people. One of my own first thoughts when I saw the latest pics was that the silver screws stood out a bit on the black. But I also knew that it would be rather easy to replace them myself instead if I wanted.

I do think the silkscreen is important though. That's not something I could do myself.

as said before they will have screw covers anyway... so you can have whatever colour you want it doesnt matter you wont see them.
as for silkscreening. the model in the photos havent even had the final matt coating on yet so this is not the final final pandora we will get.

i have faith that things will be moving very quickly in the next few days :)
is it true i can email pandora to see my place in the queue?

Back