When The Pandora Cums

If the Pandora indeed cums it should not be silk-screened it would be better to have it naked.

Na-Noo said:
darkborn said:
Ollonk said:
I think that the lack of a silk screen is awesome in itself. It screams "I don't need any labels because I was über enough to know about this thing since before it began."
IMO, not having a silk screen > Special 1st batch silk screen.
I SIGN THIS. Agree100%
Apart from any subsequent batch being able to remove the silkscreening too look like a first batch one.
Sure, it may not add to the value. Just pointing out that it's easer to remove than it is to add.
NO WAY! We'll have unique beta hardware errors which will be... well, unique.
Ok, somebody could remake errors... but if someone really make that... then he is silly enough to call him First Batcher.
Btw, our case is invisible engraved with big sign "Two Months More". This could not be cloned.

EDIT: It is good idea to put on VERY visible sign "DON'T PANIC" up to. Adams won't mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Mali said.
I don't know if this has been answered either way.
But they could send out the 4000 cases and take their time getting the silkscreening right for the rest...
Don't know.

xopher said:
If the Pandora indeed cums it should not be silk-screened it would be better to have it naked.
LOL I like naked. :p

I was always under the impression that the factory was doing the silk screening. No wonder it took so long between case revisions. Its sad that they wasted all that time and energy on something they ultimately scrapped. However, I agree with their decision because, I don't know how many more delays I can handle before I go insane. I honestly don't know how I held out this long in the first place. When its all over I will not only have gain a Pandora but also a healthy lesson in patience with I think is priceless.

BTW, have they said for sure if the silk screening is only out for the first batch or is it out for all subsequent batches also?

mali said:
Actually I think the opposite. When the pressure of the first batch is gone, they'll have enough time to go through the silkscreening process while they wait for the second batch parts to arrive.
Where are they going to get that done then? They can't ship 6000 cases back to China to be shipped to the silk screening plant to be shipped back to the plastics manufacturer to be shipped back to the UK. They'd have to find a local shop that'd do the silk screening, and they'd have to pay for it.
I'm assuming two things: silk screening out of China was originally part of the cost, or it's so cheap there that it wouldn't have been a problem to pay for. I would wager that it is not nearly as cheap to print the silk screen in the UK.

WizardStan said:
Where are they going to get that done then? They can't ship 6000 cases back to China to be shipped to the silk screening plant to be shipped back to the plastics manufacturer to be shipped back to the UK. They'd have to find a local shop that'd do the silk screening, and they'd have to pay for it.
I'm assuming two things: silk screening out of China was originally part of the cost, or it's so cheap there that it wouldn't have been a problem to pay for. I would wager that it is not nearly as cheap to print the silk screen in the UK.
You assume that they'll send all 10000 cases to the UK, that might not be the case. They could just redirect 6000 to that silkscreen factory. They have enough time to do it right for the second batch.

mali said:
Actually I think the opposite. When the pressure of the first batch is gone, they'll have enough time to go through the silkscreening process while they wait for the second batch parts to arrive.

edit:
ED hints in that direction on the German forums. "Well, it's just the first batch. Future Pandoras can get('können bekommen' is hard to translate. It could mean 'might get' or just the 'ability to get sth.') silkscreening and everyone who wants one can order a case."

Well, if this is true then I'm happier :)

But I wouldn't mind if the OP team signed them too! (Mind you I would prefer it if Craig didn't sign mine - you want my order number?)

MonkeyChops said:
When its all over I will not only have gain a Pandora but also a healthy lesson in patience with I think is priceless.
ROFL Bravo, this is the attitude!
Now you know what is your reward.

WizardStan said:

I assumed much the same about the assembly process.

Na-Noo said:
I've skimmed the first few pages, and a couple of the last few posts.
It seems that people who want silkscreening are labelled as a lot of crazies.

I may not care eitherway, but as a device that's supposed to be a professional piece of kit regardless of how small the company making it is, you can't say that it doesn't take that away from it.

You can't seriously believe that sending it to be reviewed, they will think it was a design decision, which it wasn't, it's a half finished bit of kit. They've seen the renders, the case with silkscreening, and now it's very late and not finished.

Now for an underground bit of kit, well that's a whole different matter. It's like a de-badged car :lol:
Very nice ;)

Puts it in the the proper perspective, thanks.

darkborn said:
MonkeyChops said:
When its all over I will not only have gain a Pandora but also a healthy lesson in patience with I think is priceless.
ROFL Bravo, this is the attitude!
Now you know what is your reward.

well I also gained the disease of forum/F5 OCD. so you take the good with the bad I guess...

mali said:
You assume that they'll send all 10000 cases to the UK, that might not be the case. They could just redirect 6000 to that silkscreen factory. They have enough time to do it right for the second batch.
Aye, that's a good point as well. I wonder how many people will cry foul if second batch has nice, clean labels on it where the first batch is blank.

Ollonk said:
I think that the lack of a silk screen is awesome in itself. It screams "I don't need any labels because I was über enough to know about this thing since before it began."
IMO, not having a silk screen > Special 1st batch silk screen.

i agree, its like the "black ops" edition. :ph34r:

For what it's worth, I never liked the silkscreening anyway.
I know why they ended up choosing it, but "USB OTG" just seemed a bit rubbish as a label to me.

I am totally happy with my pristine black surface :)

Na-Noo said:
It's like saying a custom built car/pc/etc should be of lower quality because it's only done by a couple people, when in truth that's far from the truth.

Can I have 4000 custom built cars please... Mmmm no I thought not! ;)

I'm gonna go ahead and say favorite thread title of all time. I pride myself on my immaturity. Massive load, [Insert Beavis laugh]

It's a bit of a shame as I think you were about to get the silk-screening perfected, to look really quite good (from my initial thoughts that the design didn't look too great). From the photographs of their test screening, and the information that the BT logo could be used it is a shame.

However I thank you MWeston for your reply, it's the prudent decision for OP to make. There's just too much room there for another month to go by. I was thinking that the Pandora looks cooler without the white silk-screening anyway. That's the mark of a first batch console!

Better to get it out now and have everything else perfected.

ashdjones said:
I never liked the silkscreening anyway. Am I the only one?

No. I'm quite happy silkscreenless. I would have preferred embossed lettering. More discreet. But that would have involved more complex molding, I'm sure.

Back