No Silkscreen Possibly?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by zohnnyg, Feb 28, 2010.

1. petelewin

petelewin Still Fresh

If only more people would think like that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  2. mali

mali -

dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg

Attached Files:

3. SNESFAN

SNESFAN Retro game fanatic

Dear santa Lucky Charms guy,

How is the north poll ireland? All I want for christmas St patricks day is my Pandora. I don't care about the dpad revision keyboard revsion case molding revision Silk screen revision, I just want my handheld... pretty please? I've been a very good boy this whole entire year 2 years. I'll even leave out milk and cookies Guiness for you and your reindeer whatever leprechauns ride.

Love,
    -Grant

4. droneb

droneb Very Active Member

didnt read all along but.

i want the silkscreen!

5. leggymcjeggy

leggymcjeggy Still Fresh

I understand how a lot of people feel, I've lurked in the shadows, watched the whole pandora movement, from the concept renders to the banking crisis to the state we're in today. I'm fully aware of how long its taken us to get here, and am briefly aware of the "issues" that have affected OP along the way. I believe the only people "truly" aware of said pitfalls are the people on the actual team.

Alright, I only ordered in Summer '09, but I've been waiting just as long as everyone else. And my view? The Pandora should be released as Craig, ED, Weston, and the rest of the team, WANTED it to be released. They've not cut corners, not deviated from the plan the entire time, no matter what the cost. Why give up on that mantra, that mission now? When we can smell the paint on the finish line? Even if they skip the silkscreens completley, there is still assembly time, and shipping time, and there are still imperfections in the OS.

What I'm saying, is that forum members should calm down a little. IMHO, the end of the road is in clear sight. We should wait a little longer. The cases will get silkscreened properly, the OS will recieve some extra tweaks, and the elves in Craig's workshop can enjoy the "calm before the storm"

We're not talking parts not fitting together anymore, we're talking about a minor allignment issue.

6. Username

Username Fuckass

What kind of sick fuck raised you to leave out beer for leprechauns? Clearly your parents didn't care about your well-being. Leprechauns never drink beer! They only drink malt liquor. Please get this right and don't leave them sad and stuck with beer.

7. VRAndy

VRAndy Very Active Member

I'm no expert in Irish folklore and even I know that they ride dogs.

Frankly, however, I'm not keen on getting notorious tricksters drunk. If you're really praying to the dude on the Lucky Charms box, he'd probably be happy with a pint of milk.

8. SNESFAN

just goes to show you.... people on here will rip apart anything anyone says on here... le sigh

9. Username

Username Fuckass

It's called a "joke", commonly used in a "humorous" way by "humans" to make others "laugh".

10. SNESFAN

oh snap... foiled again!

11. Aninhumer

Aninhumer Guy with scary face.

You didn't... err...

Capital letter?

12. puppydee

puppydee Linux Virgin!

So the cases will be finished and arrived by the 22nd, so do we know if they're silkscreening them? Have we had the sample photo yet?

13. alerino

alerino Well-Known Member

well, at least, there's plenty of time to make a wonderful silkscreening piece of art! :x

14. LineOf7s

LineOf7s Active Member

I suppose someone should post this bit of news in this thread (MWeston speaks on the issue):

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52316-when-the-pandora-cums/page__view__findpost__p__823053

Disappointing, but I'll get over it with some tangible Pandora love.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  15. Mjlink

Mjlink ithic.com

Wow,

Every other device on the plantet. The power button on my Chimei 22" flatscreen isn't labeled. I'm glad it isn't it would take away from its blackness.

Hate on the iphone as much as you want, I have a 2G 16gb that is in amazing condition thanks to OtterBox. Truth is, the device didn't fail me, I've jailbroken it several times with zero issues other than itunes which in general sucks. All I was saying is there are how many of them. The white box isn't silkscreen with home above or below it. The Ipod Touch is almost identical to the Iphone except it isn't a phone. I think you had it mistaken with an ipod.

Half assing would be delaying the hardware another month or two or three for your precious silkscreening that you'll forget about after 10 minutes according to the guy who designed the device. Not to mention Skeezix saying how hot it looked without silkscreening. Or CraigX for that matter. But its all blows in their image... Image, 1.5 years late and to hold up for something EASILY FORGOTTEN for those who need the bling. Do you wear gold chains and primp your T-shirts when you put them on?

You know, if you weren't such a dick with your lame ass arguments, I wouldn't be writing this, but I wanted to say that: I was right.

Logic stands in the way of waiting for China to figure out how to get the Pandora to cross the road. Throw those cases on a plane and forget about the road.

I was programming on a TI when I was 8 years old, I don't think it will be hard for your kids to figure out a DS on roids!

Cannabis,

Link

16. taylor-madeak

taylor-madeak Still Fresh

I'm with you there, and for what it's worth I support their decision. I'm glad to hear that the voltage and current details (hopefully this blanket statement includes plug polarity as well) being printed on the sticker that goes under the battery, at least the information can be found on the device that way. The serial number will do a decent job of proving you have a first run Pandora, but if you really gotta have the "First Batch" mark on there, I see no reason why it can't just be printed on that sticker.

Add a dev signature to that sticker in silver Sharpie™ at assembly time, and we're golden! :wub: :pandora2ut4:

17. Mjlink

Mjlink ithic.com

I think this is much cooler than white silkscreening that could be grubbed up and rubbed off. I plan on sharing, but kids these days, if the LEDs aren't labeled, they might not figure it out.

When I was a kid, I skateboarded downhill one way to school and had to walk uphill. Now they have these skateboards with breaks and batteries.

Coal hits,

Link

18. darkborn

darkborn Member

Naked First Batch!
    Just with engraved sign "1st BATCH" (filled with Craig blood) :kinky:

19. Farox

Farox Certified Guru

I'm disappointed by the non presence of Silkscreen info on the case :( ...but at this point is better a naked pandora than any other delay...

But i was thinking ...
    It's possible to silkscreen the cases on UK before(or during) the assembling fase ?

20. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Is it possible to silkscreen our own Pandora's upon receiving it?