No Silkscreen Possibly?

Line O said:
Well I guess that's settled then: Raman can't see the need for it, why should anyone else? :rolleyes:

If only more people would think like that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg

Attachments

• dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg
    dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 119
Dear santa Lucky Charms guy,

How is the north poll ireland? All I want for christmas St patricks day is my Pandora. I don't care about the dpad revision keyboard revsion case molding revision Silk screen revision, I just want my handheld... pretty please? I've been a very good boy this whole entire year 2 years. I'll even leave out milk and cookies Guiness for you and your reindeer whatever leprechauns ride.

Love,
-Grant

I understand how a lot of people feel, I've lurked in the shadows, watched the whole pandora movement, from the concept renders to the banking crisis to the state we're in today. I'm fully aware of how long its taken us to get here, and am briefly aware of the "issues" that have affected OP along the way. I believe the only people "truly" aware of said pitfalls are the people on the actual team.

Alright, I only ordered in Summer '09, but I've been waiting just as long as everyone else. And my view? The Pandora should be released as Craig, ED, Weston, and the rest of the team, WANTED it to be released. They've not cut corners, not deviated from the plan the entire time, no matter what the cost. Why give up on that mantra, that mission now? When we can smell the paint on the finish line? Even if they skip the silkscreens completley, there is still assembly time, and shipping time, and there are still imperfections in the OS.

What I'm saying, is that forum members should calm down a little. IMHO, the end of the road is in clear sight. We should wait a little longer. The cases will get silkscreened properly, the OS will recieve some extra tweaks, and the elves in Craig's workshop can enjoy the "calm before the storm"

We're not talking parts not fitting together anymore, we're talking about a minor allignment issue.

jb0yx said:
I'll even leave out milk and cookies Guiness for you and your reindeer whatever leprechauns ride.
What kind of sick fuck raised you to leave out beer for leprechauns? Clearly your parents didn't care about your well-being. Leprechauns never drink beer! They only drink malt liquor. Please get this right and don't leave them sad and stuck with beer.

jb0yx said:
Dear santa Lucky Charms guy,

How is the north poll ireland? All I want for christmas St patricks day is my Pandora. I don't care about the dpad revision keyboard revsion case molding revision Silk screen revision, I just want my handheld... pretty please? I've been a very good boy this whole entire year 2 years. I'll even leave out milk and cookies Guiness for you and your reindeer whatever leprechauns ride.
I'm no expert in Irish folklore and even I know that they ride dogs.

Frankly, however, I'm not keen on getting notorious tricksters drunk. If you're really praying to the dude on the Lucky Charms box, he'd probably be happy with a pint of milk.

jb0yx said:
just goes to show you.... people on here will rip apart anything anyone says on here... le sigh
It's called a "joke", commonly used in a "humorous" way by "humans" to make others "laugh".

Crunchwrap said:
jb0yx said:
just goes to show you.... people on here will rip apart anything anyone says on here... le sigh
It's called a "joke", commonly used in a "humorous" way by "humans" to make others "laugh".
oh snap... foiled again!

I suppose someone should post this bit of news in this thread (MWeston speaks on the issue):

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52316-when-the-pandora-cums/page__view__findpost__p__823053

Well then, prepare to be disappointed. These cases will not have a silkscreen as that would push delivery out into April and even then Craig worried they would screw it up and stiff us with the cases. The problem is the mold company outsources the work and so they all have to be packaged up carefully, sent to this other company, printed, repackaged carefully and sent back to the mold company to be shipped to Craig with everything else. It could cause as much as another month of delays with the way we should trust them.

I built a unit using a silk screened case and I really liked it but the truth is, 10 minutes after using it, the silkscreen is forgotten and you don't even notice it anymore. The way you normally hold it in the 170 degree open position means you can't see any of it anyway. The LEDs are also color coded so maybe that helps too. The sticker under the battery with serial number and model number also has all the voltage and current details for the unit so in a way, not having that on the back is covered. I don't know if any of this is comforting but it's an unfortunate result of a product that can't afford more delays.

Disappointing, but I'll get over it with some tangible Pandora love.

Mjlink said:
Alpha2 said:
No they would have LIKED for it to be done right in december. The whole reason it's taken so long is because they dont want to half ass the thing. to go this far and wait this long and suddenly not have labeling that every other device on the planet has would be silly, that'd be the DEFINITION of half assing.
I think the plastics company has half assed the thing and given the Pandora ZERO priority. OP is stuck with them. So you want to give the ball back and keep playing.

Sorry, I just want to say game over China.

The iphones buttons aren't labeled and there are how many of them? Ipod touch? Lights that will be bright when you are sitting in a dark room with your eyes glued to a screen, illuminating a white silkscreen on black plastic WTF are you trying to figure out with 6 lights? I'm sorry its gonna be that confusing for you, you might want to wait till the second batch. Surrender your order # or go naked first batch.

You gotta have a slogan.

Peace & black

Link
Wow,

Every other device on the plantet. The power button on my Chimei 22" flatscreen isn't labeled. I'm glad it isn't it would take away from its blackness.

Hate on the iphone as much as you want, I have a 2G 16gb that is in amazing condition thanks to OtterBox. Truth is, the device didn't fail me, I've jailbroken it several times with zero issues other than itunes which in general sucks. All I was saying is there are how many of them. The white box isn't silkscreen with home above or below it. The Ipod Touch is almost identical to the Iphone except it isn't a phone. I think you had it mistaken with an ipod.

Half assing would be delaying the hardware another month or two or three for your precious silkscreening that you'll forget about after 10 minutes according to the guy who designed the device. Not to mention Skeezix saying how hot it looked without silkscreening. Or CraigX for that matter. But its all blows in their image... Image, 1.5 years late and to hold up for something EASILY FORGOTTEN for those who need the bling. Do you wear gold chains and primp your T-shirts when you put them on?

You know, if you weren't such a dick with your lame ass arguments, I wouldn't be writing this, but I wanted to say that: I was right.

Logic stands in the way of waiting for China to figure out how to get the Pandora to cross the road. Throw those cases on a plane and forget about the road.

I was programming on a TI when I was 8 years old, I don't think it will be hard for your kids to figure out a DS on roids!

Cannabis,

Link

Line O said:
I suppose someone should post this bit of news in this thread (MWeston speaks on the issue):

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52316-when-the-pandora-cums/page__view__findpost__p__823053

Well then, prepare to be disappointed. These cases will not have a silkscreen as that would push delivery out into April and even then Craig worried they would screw it up and stiff us with the cases. The problem is the mold company outsources the work and so they all have to be packaged up carefully, sent to this other company, printed, repackaged carefully and sent back to the mold company to be shipped to Craig with everything else. It could cause as much as another month of delays with the way we should trust them.

I built a unit using a silk screened case and I really liked it but the truth is, 10 minutes after using it, the silkscreen is forgotten and you don't even notice it anymore. The way you normally hold it in the 170 degree open position means you can't see any of it anyway. The LEDs are also color coded so maybe that helps too. The sticker under the battery with serial number and model number also has all the voltage and current details for the unit so in a way, not having that on the back is covered. I don't know if any of this is comforting but it's an unfortunate result of a product that can't afford more delays.

I'm with you there, and for what it's worth I support their decision. I'm glad to hear that the voltage and current details (hopefully this blanket statement includes plug polarity as well) being printed on the sticker that goes under the battery, at least the information can be found on the device that way. The serial number will do a decent job of proving you have a first run Pandora, but if you really gotta have the "First Batch" mark on there, I see no reason why it can't just be printed on that sticker.

Add a dev signature to that sticker in silver Sharpie™ at assembly time, and we're golden! :wub: :pandora2ut4:

Taylor-MadeAK said:
Line O said:

I'm with you there, and for what it's worth I support their decision. I'm glad to hear that the voltage and current details (hopefully this blanket statement includes plug polarity as well) being printed on the sticker that goes under the battery, at least the information can be found on the device that way. The serial number will do a decent job of proving you have a first run Pandora, but if you really gotta have the "First Batch" mark on there, I see no reason why it can't just be printed on that sticker.

Add a dev signature to that sticker in silver Sharpie™ at assembly time, and we're golden! :wub: :pandora2ut4:
I think this is much cooler than white silkscreening that could be grubbed up and rubbed off. I plan on sharing, but kids these days, if the LEDs aren't labeled, they might not figure it out.

When I was a kid, I skateboarded downhill one way to school and had to walk uphill. Now they have these skateboards with breaks and batteries.

Coal hits,

Link

Naked First Batch!
Just with engraved sign "1st BATCH" (filled with Craig blood) :kinky:

I'm disappointed by the non presence of Silkscreen info on the case :( ...but at this point is better a naked pandora than any other delay...

But i was thinking ...
It's possible to silkscreen the cases on UK before(or during) the assembling fase ?

the silkscreening looked cheap and crappy anyway, i'd rather have none if it was going to turn out crappy anyway and cause delays

Back