No Silkscreen Possibly?

I bet an 8 yr old can figure it out w/o labels. Lot of people still stressing on BS. Can't disginguish 6 lights from reality.

If its 100-240v, why does polarity matter? No voltage label on iphone!

More comedy, true colors as well.

Panic, fear, loathing, death of the Pandora dream. Texans are dumb as shit thought Bush was governor for 4 terms.

Stop with the stupid ?s, suck it up & deal with a brainf(_)ck for a change.

Suckerz

Mjlink said:
I bet an 8 yr old can figure it out w/o labels. Lot of people still stressing on BS. Can't disginguish 6 lights from reality.

Panic, fear, loathing, death of the Pandora dream. Texans are dumb as shit thought Bush was governor for 4 terms.

Suckerz
Just in case anyone wondered why it was a bad idea to post while stoned, baked, roasted, fried, toked, or hemped, as they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom` said:
Mjlink said:

Suckerz
Just in case anyone wondered why it was a bad idea to post while stoned, baked, roasted, fried, toked, or hemped, as they say.
:)

It's a medley of thoughts from various topics & a majority of this one over 7 pages. But there's a lot of truth in there, the venue change isn't going to be that big of a deal unless customs/duties become a factor. GBax customers who've ordered from other countries should feel free to chime in here because I'm thinking it will be a similar situation.

Danks,

Link

To be honest, I would be thrilled with no silkscreen. I often use toothpaste and some wet paper to slowly wet sand the silkscreening off my gadgets, I think it looks slick.

Like, seriously. If there is any way to make sure I can get a case with no silkscreen, I want in.

Uh...yeah. I was going to stay out of this one, but the "polarity doesn't matter" thing just...alright. The device charges on a 5VDC +tip AC adapter that is supplied with it. Now, the coaxial tip that is on the adapter that is supplied with it is fairly standard (it's a Sony tip, pretty easy to find), so years down the road when a replacement is needed, having the voltage and polarity information printed on the device will be damn convenient when sourcing a third-party replacement.

Apple devices don't have polarity markings on them for the same reason you can't install your own damn software on them without bending over backwards first: they want to keep complete control of the device no matter who owns it. So, they have a proprietary plug that doubles as the data transfer jack and the DC power socket. So, even if the information concerning power requirements were printed on the device, you wouldn't be able to replace it without buying a "genuine" Apple product to do so.

On a forum which I used to read, there was once a person who came along asking for assistance with a borrowed netbook which, during the time it had been in their care, ended up in a state where it would no longer power up, and wouldn't show any indications of charging.

It transpired that the netbook had been plugged into a power supply for a different (large-sized) laptop (having had its power supply left at home one day), under the assumption that a power supply from one type of laptop would work with any other make or model or size of laptop in the world, because they're all laptops.

The power supply for the larger laptop blew out numerous things in the netbook, and it had to be replaced.

Whilst markings of the power requirements won't stop a misguided soul from plugging a laptop adapter into your Pandora, at the very least it'll stop you achieving the same effect in many years to come, should you find it sans power adapter, and not recall what type it used. :lol:

Whats the story with silkscreen!? We are or ARE NOT getting it? Details anyone?
This is a crock of shit. So many delays!

EvilDragon said:
mindlord said:
Khan said:
By the way, it has been stated that cases production starts (presumably) on Monday so... are we waiting for an initial 1000 or 2000 cases shipping in order to speed up the process (as planned previously) or do we have to wait until the whole 10000 are finished?
You misread, Production of another sample to check the silk screening starts Monday. Full-tilt mass production won't start until the decide to scrap the silkscreening altogether or keep it like it is on the sample.

Errmm... nope? Full production will probably start on Monday, as I wrote down in the blog. If they manage to present us a nice picture of a silkscreen till then, we'll go for a case without at first.
Well, they might even be able to show us a picture during production, as the silkscreen is applied after that :)

It's only 9:44, we haven't heard anything yet... :p

EDIT: Ninja'd by mali. :ph34r:

This will tide you over, have some eggs:
4398130970_bd5774d7b3.jpg

Attachments

• 4398130970_bd5774d7b3.jpg
    4398130970_bd5774d7b3.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 98
Prometheus said:
Whilst markings of the power requirements won't stop a misguided soul from plugging a laptop adapter into your Pandora, at the very least it'll stop you achieving the same effect in many years to come, should you find it sans power adapter, and not recall what type it used. :lol:

I've tried to avoid this thread BUT... if you can't recall what adapter the Pandora used you will have several options:

1) Search this site
2) Look on the official site
3) Look on numerous fan sites

failing that, all you need to remember is that it is the same as the PSP charger and find specifications for that.

And finally, if you are unable to find the details from any of the official OP or SONY related webistes/documentation you have the final option:

Charge via USB

When 90% of mankind has been killed by the twelve-monkeys-virus, internet is gone and you are able to steal a Pandora from a distracted zombie, you will still be able to construct a lemon battery to power that Pandora as you luckily saved your multimeter and thank lucifer for the silkscreening!

Pleng said:
Prometheus said:

I've tried to avoid this thread BUT... if you can't recall what adapter the Pandora used you will have several options:

1) Search this site

failing that, all you need to remember is that it is the same as the PSP charger and find specifications for that.

And finally, if you are unable to find the details from any of the official OP or SONY related webistes/documentation you have the final option:

Charge via USB

You know, I bet most of those options were available to the netbook borrower. The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not. It's not a big thing, there are ways to get the same information (though more convoluted) and for the vast majority of the time the information is simply not needed.

Pleng said:

1) Search this site

Charge via USB
I have many devices in my care that I can find absolutely no documentation on their power requirements. I'm sure information existed at one time, but no one thought to keep up with it. The manufacturers let it fall off their web page, and enthusiasts lost interest over the years. 15 or 20 years from now, will information on the Pandora still be available?
And charging by USB would be great if you know it can charge by USB. Think you will definitely remember that fact 20 years from now? How about 3 or 4 years from now when you get the next big thing and give your good ol' Pandora to your nephew as a gift? Will he know these things?

Monk said:
Pleng said:
Prometheus said:

1) Search this site

Charge via USB

You know, I bet most of those options were available to the netbook borrower. The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not. It's not a big thing, there are ways to get the same information (though more convoluted) and for the vast majority of the time the information is simply not needed.

Yes but the netbook borrower did have the information on the laptop but still fried it. What's your point?

Pleng said:
Monk said:
The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not. It's not a big thing, there are ways to get the same information (though more convoluted) and for the vast majority of the time the information is simply not needed.

Yes but the netbook borrower did have the information on the laptop but still fried it. What's your point?

The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not.

Monk said:
Pleng said:
Monk said:
The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not. It's not a big thing, there are ways to get the same information (though more convoluted) and for the vast majority of the time the information is simply not needed.

The simple fact of the matter is that a label is more convenient to the potential user than a blank space when information is needed, and completely irrelevant when not.

I will say that I recently purchased a used Kindle with no power adapter, and had a heck of a time figuring out what kind of adapter was needed.

Why don't they print that on the back like a normal electronics manufacturer?!?

VRAndy said:
I will say that I recently purchased a used Kindle with no power adapter, and had a heck of a time figuring out what kind of adapter was needed.

Why don't they print that on the back like a normal electronics manufacturer?!?
Because they don't want you to use just any old adapter, they want you to buy an overpriced adapter from them.

Back