Silkscreening

What I love is the fact that Silkscreening was one of those things touted by the OP as 'definitely not gonna cause a delay'.

I couldn't care less about SS, to be honest. I think the OP have taken a wise decision and realized that this thing needs to be out and with people. If only the devs are the only ones who have a unit to play with while they continue to strive for 'perfection' then they are never going to be able to enjoy others enjoying their work.

Pleng said:
I couldn't care less about SS, to be honest.

Sounds like we need a third thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicker said:
Sounds like we need a third thread?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52347-silkscreening/

You know what the irony of this whole situation is? People who pre-ordered are getting the shaft, the people who order from the second batch will get their units sooner (I would certainly hope so) and with silkscreening cause OP would be dumb to not do silk screening on the second batch.

So glad I didn't send in my money now. I would rather wait.

Derek said:

Fair enough, but don't forget there wouldn't be a second batch if not for us risk-taking first batchers :)

Derek said:
the people who order from the second batch will get their units sooner (I would certainly hope so)
The second batch is going to be done before the first one?

Pleng said:
What I love is the fact that Silkscreening was one of those things touted by the OP as 'definitely not gonna cause a delay'.
Well ... in a way that turned out to be right. ... in a way.

crade said:
Derek said:
the people who order from the second batch will get their units sooner (I would certainly hope so)
The second batch is going to be done before the first one?
You think that's bad? The third batch has already shipped!

Derek said:

Ye I'm totally gutted that I'm gonna have my Pandora 6 months before you. I mean what's 6 months extra play time compared to a SILK SCREEN! :angry:

Pleng said:
Derek said:

Ye I'm totally gutted that I'm gonna have my Pandora 6 months before you. I mean what's 6 months extra play time compared to a SILK SCREEN! :angry:
Yeah you guys are getting the shaft and two vegs getting a Pandora before us second-batchers.
Ha, I'm going to be all cool with my Pandora that 4000 people already had, and you'll just have... Well, you'll also have a Pandora. But.. Mine will have letters on.

Do anyone know if there are stickers that tell what type of power connection that should be used.... that you can buy somewhere?

Thinking about the future if someone gets a secondhand pandora and breakes the power supply.
(or just forget wich power adapter they used for the product)
If they have lost the manual and don´t know where to look for info about the product they may be in a dilemma.

Now if they know what power supply they used I guess they may still be fine, but if it gets in a place with many other power adapters it may be bad if they don´t remember wich one they used.

(I know it is an exreme situation, just want to know thats all)

Endurion said:
Do anyone know if there are stickers that tell what type of power connection that should be used.... that you can buy somewhere?

Thinking about the future if someone gets a secondhand pandora and breakes the power supply.
If they have lost the manual and don´t know where to look for info about the product they may be in a dilemma.

Now if they know what power supply they used I guess they may still be fine, but if it gets in a place with many other power adapters it may be bad if they don´t remember wich one they used.

(I know it is an exreme situation, just want to know thats all)
It's written on the sticker under the battery, if I recall correctly.

Pleng said:
Derek said:

I'm trying to remember but, what makes you say 6 months?
It was 6months in December 2009 if not earlier when this was first mentioned, by the time it ships could be April 2010, so could be as little as 1.5 months or something.
Depends if they ordered the parts or not, which I believe they did. Not sure about this though, so someone with a better memory can confirm or say it's wrong for me please.

I can't believe you lot are still going on about the god damn silkscreening. Get over it! If you want it then cancel your order and wait.

A real idea would have been to include any symbol imprints in the case mould. It's not as if the device is impossible to understand without it anyway. Imagine this without silkscreening..

big.jpg

Now the pandora
pandastart.jpg

Surely you can understand a few lights, simple controls, inputs/outputs..

Back