The Reality Of Dead Pixels, Soft Or Inconsistently Registering Buttons

SONY said:
maplesugarlover said:
It only stopped working after I went crazy and snapped the hinge on purpose. I really wasn't thinking clearly.
Had a bad day?
No , for some reason I wanted to see how much force a ds lite could take before the hinged snap. It was a stupid thing to do. Anyways I can't wait to order a pandora. Not pre-order but order. Which means I probably won't get a pandora till at least the second batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nupfi said:
Nintendo replaces units with bad pixels... at least in my country. :)
I think that's only inside the warranty period, I've had it quite a while now.

Not that I could really be bothered even if they do. :p

Monk posted on 16 September 2008 - 07:25 PM said:
I've not seen any dead pixels on the LCDs we have, but if you had them and they were bad (ie you could notice them) we would replace it.
Post by Craig at: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/44169-dead-pixel-policy/page__view__findpost__p__648776
Highlighting by Monk.
[/quote]

Hah. I remembered that post too. I searched for it as soon as I saw MWeston's post.

Notice the date. That's two weeks before pre-orders. He's pretty much got to stick with that, he can't say one thing to entice pre-orderers than change it later. (Well, OK, besides time estimates.)

In matters not pertaining to ship-dates I have faith in Craigix. If we notice a dead pixel, they will replace it.

maplesugarlover said:
No , for some reason I wanted to see how much force a ds lite could take before the hinged snap. It was a stupid thing to do. Anyways I can't wait to order a pandora. Not pre-order but order. Which means I probably won't get a pandora till at least the second batch.

You might be able to purchase on eBay one of the Fancy Pandoras that have been all dolled by 'local artists'. Depending on the artist, that could be awesome.

Better get two.

While I'm not going to try and spin Craig's choice of words, I'm pretty sure he's thinking of this in a logical sense. I mean if it's got one bad pixel in the corner of the screen he'd have to replace it... but really, considering we all know how lean this operation is running already, would you really want to push things just to get rid of a tiny pixel in the corner of the screen? Heck considering the risk involved just in general with the Pandora you might get rid of the bad pixel but get a Pandora with a fingerprint behind the screen or maybe one that doesnt overclock as well.

Of course if the class of screen he's got for the pandora is rated by the manufacturer to be dead pixel free then he should feel legitimately comfortable making this claim anyway and the whole discussion is moot. He'd get a bad screen back from someone and simply get a replacement if it even happens.

VRAndy said:
maplesugarlover said:

You might be able to purchase on eBay one of the Fancy Pandoras that have been all dolled by 'local artists'. Depending on the artist, that could be awesome.

Better get two.
One for my friend and another one for me would be awesome however, I'm 14 and don't have a lot of money . One pandora is a couple of months worth of savings. So I doubt I could afford 2 special edition pandoras. If I could one though, I would be a extremely happy person.

maplesugarlover said:
VRAndy said:
maplesugarlover said:

Better get two.
One for my friend and another one for me would be awesome however, I'm 14 and don't have a lot of money . One pandora is a couple of months worth of savings. So I doubt I could afford 2 special edition pandoras. If I could one though, I would be a extremely happy person.

I would say wait and get one when in the future when you have more money... but it might be worth several months worth of saving at that point too! Okay, maybe not quite that much.

Back