No Silkscreen Possibly?

zohnnyg

aww cmon. dont skip the silkscreening just because it might take more time if its not right this time. id love to have the silkscreening done. ED said if the silkscreening wasnt right this time OP will skip it to not waste anymore time. boo. the pandora will look so neat with the silkscreen done. MWeston would just have to look at pics sent from the factory to see if they are correct wont he? that wouldnt take much more time even if it took a few different corrections. i dont understand the whole "im gonna cancel this vaporware if i dont have it right now i dont care if its made from cardboard i need it now or ill die" attitude. man that makes me mad. just take the time to get the pandora done instead of just because its possible to ship now we will ship now. i realize the next silkscreening might not even have any problems. but if it does dont skip it. thats lame. take the extra week or 2 to get the silkscreening done. dont give up now. its not a waste of time.

This can be all done by emailing pictures of the case and dialing in the machine... I dont see how it could take more then a day or two.

I don't mind, I kinda like the idea of a stealth Pandora and I'd hate ANOTHER delay. Considering I'm one of the original pre-orders I think I've waited more than long enough as it is.

Fingers crossed the chinese government stops the picture from being sent for espionage or some commie pinko scare tactic.

Skip the silkscreen, run the machines, ship the cases, assemble, ship finished Pandora.

Quit whining about how you don't care if it takes more time because you don't understand how long it could really take, so lets take what we have which is machines running and continue forward.

Naked First Batch! Become Pandora literate.

Peace & vapor,

Link

Mjlink said:
Fingers crossed the chinese government stops the picture from being sent for espionage or some commie pinko scare tactic.

Skip the silkscreen, run the machines, ship the cases, assemble, ship finished Pandora.

Quit whining about how you don't care if it takes more time because you don't understand how long it could really take, so lets take what we have which is machines running and continue forward.
I'm not certain I'm following your sentiment. Are you saying not to silk screen because you honestly do not want it on there, or are you hoping that something happens to make silkscreening impossible because you're worried it will add extra time?

Last edited by a moderator:
well, some people want the panda to be silkscreened,
it would be less likely to be faked first batch as silkscreened than plain black

Why doesn't OP send a few different files, have pictures taken of each configuration, and see what works best? Even better, put together a new layout from all the parts that look right in the different designs. Unfortunately, I don't feel like the translation thing would go over well and it would end up messed up/delayed.

WizardStan said:
Mjlink said:

I'm not certain I'm following your sentiment. Are you saying not to silk screen because you honestly do not want it on there, or are you hoping that something happens to make silkscreening impossible because you're worried it will add extra time?
1st and foremost, I want my Pandora ASAP
2nd if the silkscreen is going to throw another hurdle at us(which IMO it already has), lets avoid it completely first batch.
3rd I would like to see Silkscreen on other batches of the Pandora

My point also is the communication factor and length of time it takes for correspondence and messages. Produce un-silked cases, package & ship them blank for the first 4000. After those ship, are assembled, & reshipped, concentrate on the silkscreen and make sure it is solid for the remaining 6000.

Don't get me started on commie pinko scare tactics.

Peace & Vegan Chocolate Chip Cannabis Cookies,

Link

It could also be argued that those of us that ordered first and have waited so long through all the case revisions deserve to have it done right the first time and actually have the Silkscreened cases. And yeah with so many lights I dont want to have to keep looking for references for what they mean.

Alpha2 said:
It could also be argued that those of us that ordered first and have waited so long through all the case revisions deserve to have it done right the first time and actually have the Silkscreened cases. And yeah with so many lights I dont want to have to keep looking for references for what they mean.
How long then are you willing to wait? I don't see how the lights are going to be that stressful, its not like the lights are going to move around on every restart/shutdown.

This was supposed to be done right the first time in December 2008 if I recall.

Ciao,

Link

No they would have LIKED for it to be done right in december. The whole reason it's taken so long is because they dont want to half ass the thing. to go this far and wait this long and suddenly not have labeling that every other device on the planet has would be silly, that'd be the DEFINITION of half assing.

how about if there is no silkscreening for the first batch, and there are people who wouldn't mind waiting then get moved into the second patch, and people who would like a pandy as soon as possible (without silk screen) get pushed up in the first batch? :p

I think the Pandora will look just as good with or without silk screening. I also think it will function just the same. If it adds more time I say nix it. In the long run even if the silkscreen looks good that doesn't mean that they might not mess up after the first few look good, I've seen a lot of electronics that the silkscreen was off but yet the box art/site are prefect.

At this point I don't think the OP team has to worry about people canceling just for silk screening wait but it's a nice place to draw the line at 'done, ship now' rather than the imperfections of the case. It is never going to be perfect, the case is good now get it out with or without silk screening.

I'll take mine without silk screening if it gets it here faster.

I find the B-2 Stealth Bomber look very attractive and appealing.

One question: Will the lettering on the silkscreen wear off like on so many of my devices? if it does, on mine the silkscreen will be gone in about 3 days :p No need for silkscreen IMO, but since I don't even have an order placed yet (no money :( ) my opinion doesn't matter that much, now does it?

Mjlink, maybe you have enough of your mind where things aren't moving on their own yet but maybe some of us are particularly forgetful/wake up feeling the world has moved without us and in turn need to re-reference things such as unlabeled lights on a device.

And your right, one of the things OP promised us from the start (well, at least months before pre-orders were started as I only joined in the great wait of the Sept. before the preorders first started) was that the first pandora consoles would be done right. Personally, I hope they stick to the commitment as I would then have a better chance of it not arriving until the quarter ends (as I honestly doubt I would manage to get my final done with a Pandora here), but personal issues with timing aside I'm also more then willing to wait now that I have my Kindle as I've been spending a lot of time reading lately (H.P. Lovecrafts complete works, or some such as the title, is taking a lot longer then anticipated, potentially because it's fairly complete).

Back