Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

Olexxy said:
Monk said:
Out of interest, is it the PCB manufacturer that is the same as the Beagleboard, or the PCB populator? (or both?). It doesn't seem ENTIRELY clear from your post IMHO.
So what ? Why care about this info exactly ?

He explains that right there in his post. Let me quote it again, in case you missed it.

Out of interest
There you go. Interest. AKA Curiosity.

It's an emotion that us humans experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Olexxy - To be fair, this being a community project (which is a big part of the appeal) most want as much info as possible, the problem comes from people asking the same question, or unreasonable ones. This one seemed like neither.

@Game_over - happy belated birthday mate, shame you never got a pand, hopefully it'll be under tree dec 25

So the team is receiving more samples or they are receiving a whole ton of cases? Either way I hope they post pictures, even if they are samples that need to be changed yet again.

second exodous said:
So the team is receiving more samples or they are receiving a whole ton of cases? Either way I hope they post pictures, even if they are samples that need to be changed yet again.
These will be the first samples, the other ones due this week needed a little work done.
Pics, vids, we'll get it all as it should be the first actual pandora. Wonder if they'll show one being made from all the parts

Sorry there has been no update on this.

We asked them not to ship until those alterations are done and tested.

We also asked them to build 10 Pandoras (they have the parts) at the factory, take photos, and if they seem 100% to send us them, otherwise to just fix the issues.

That allows us to get on with the MP PCB testing.

craigix said:

We also asked them to build 10 Pandoras (they have the parts) at the factory, take photos, and if they seem 100% to send us them, otherwise to just fix the issues.

yippie:)

craigix said:

So when do you expect them to finish the alterations and assemble 10 for photos?

second exodous said:
craigix said:

So when do you expect them to finish the alterations and assemble 10 for photos?

^That. And how far along are the PCB's in the production cycle?

second exodous said:
I'm sure they expected them to finish days ago. At this point in time, every schedule is off one way or the other, I'd imagine.

second exodous said:

I'd imagine that if Craig doesn't mention a date of completion, he is either in the dark himself, or just wants to keep things quiet in case of any further problems.

Can you imagine how fed up he must be of the constant nitpicking and the high level of scrutiny each of his posts goes through.

He said his aim was to get them all out in time for Christmas, so lets leave it at that and give the guy a bit breathing space!

x68000 said:
second exodous said:

I'd imagine that if Craig doesn't mention a date of completion, he is either in the dark himself, or just wants to keep things quiet in case of any further problems.

Can you imagine how fed up he must be of the constant nitpicking and the high level of scrutiny each of his posts goes through.

He said his aim was to get them all out in time for Christmas, so lets leave it at that and give the guy a bit breathing space!
well said!

Back