Pandora commercial

Hello,

I've been looking around here for a short while but this is my first post :)

I also have an ominous feeling that my bank balance is about to drop by about £300...

Re: a pandora ad

A comparison between a shipping container full of: games consoles, photographs, films, maps, comics, letters,office equipment etc and a pandora might work...

e.g.

"When it comes to functionality its hard to beat all -this-"

(camera pans through shipping container/large room with demonstrations of everything in the warehouse) (most of the advert)

"However, it doesn’t fit in your pocket...

... unlike -this-"

(demonstration of Pandora being put in pocket.)(As suggested earlier)

or something... :unsure:

I'd also like to say that here is at least one newbie who realises the 'pandora is not an amateur ipad that got lost. ;)

Edit: As this is focusing on games maybe lots of arcade cabinets in the container to emphasise the portability benefits of putting all your old games on a pandora.

Or maybe I've completely missed the point of something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Idea (obvious follow-on from that video):

Guy clearing out loft full of old computing/gaming stuff

throws it all out down the hatch to his top storey landing (or whatever)

looks down at the stuff he's thrown out and sees a pandora.(a bit surprising given the volume taken up by old electronics (sometimes))

Followed by shots of him in various places discovering all the things he threw out for a second time. with close ups of games.

then maybe all his mates at work are reminded of all those great games and go and spend the whole weekend trying to set up all their old gaming stuff. while the first person is happy with his wonderful new hand-held thing B)

I would include a clip of Rainy Day along with the other, already suggested homebrew projects like SGD.

Also, THPS4 runs amazingly well on the new PCSX-ReARMed. I get consistent 60 FPS with sound and no frameskip. Great game to show off there.

Could you maybe show some clips of the Pandora being used as the desktop and/or minimenu as well? browsing the web etc.?

Showing that it's not just a games machine

Could you maybe show some clips of the Pandora being used as the desktop and/or minimenu as well? browsing the web etc.?

Showing that it's not just a games machine

I'd agree with that because:

1. Its one of the few pocketable electronic devices out there with a good keyboard (different from almost all phones)

2. If you show people all the old games you can play on it some people may think "but I can play new and emulated games on the psp and its cheaper" or something.

It depends on the type of customer we want to attract.

it shows a desktop computer give birth, and out comes a pandora!

Now that I've had more time to think about it this is my commercial:

You see, from chest down, a shot of a full grown man (most likely me) standing in front of his video game collection and hear a voice from the background "Honey it's time for school". Then he say's "Ok one second" and start trying to put as many cartridges in his pockets as he can. Exhausted and fed up he saved by some really amped up person pops into frame screaming facts about the Pandora.You continue to hear his rant and see lot of shots of cartridges and old systems being smashed with a basebat. The narrator will claim that system cures disease and increases sex appeal.

I feel James Rolfe could do a commercial like i've described justice... that is if I never get around to doing it.

You see, from chest down, a shot of a full grown man (most likely me) standing in front of his video game collection and hear a voice from the background "Honey it's time for school". Then he say's "Ok one second" and start trying to put as many cartridges in his pockets as he can. Exhausted and fed up he saved by some really amped up person pops into frame screaming facts about the Pandora.You continue to hear his rant and see lot of shots of cartridges and old systems being smashed with a basebat. The narrator will claim that system cures disease and increases sex appeal.

I feel James Rolfe could do a commercial like i've described justice... that is if I never get around to doing it.
I think the idea of smashing old systems is never a good thing(even if they already don't work). On the issue of who should play the "really amped up person", I suggest we conscript Matthew Lesko:

matthew-lesko.jpg

:D

I think the idea of smashing old systems is never a good thing(even if they already don't work). On the issue of who should play the "really amped up person", I suggest we conscript Matthew Lesko:

matthew-lesko.jpg

:D
That dude is getting old. I haven't seen him on his bike in months. But he still dresses in question marks.

Back