[Status Update] Now It's Official

So a 'nothing' reply, but have to get the last word? Completely ignore the facts?

Btw, using logical deduction is not assuming. Pulling shit out your ass is. You clearly don't get the distinction. Try looking up "critical thinking".

Edit: as for knowing what you know, sure everyone does. The arrogant don't know what they don't know, and pontificate at lengths.

BackAssward said:
So, rebuttal? Where exactly did anyone see a post about a mangled piece of plastic? Where are you pulling that info but your ass? I have info to back up my claims, you have supposition.
MWeston said the one piece was "messed up". He then said that, later, two other pieces needed the same treatment. While the first statement is quite ambiguous, and I was quite swayed by your arguments, as soon as I remembered the latter statement I realized the "later" part suggested MWeston didn't actually have those parts, else it would have been "three parts are messed up". Logic, as you say.
Messed up can mean that it looked perfect, as far as they could tell, but once in his hands he realized it was not right. Or it can mean that it came out of the mould as a an obviously wrong part part.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Or it can mean that it came out of the mould as a an obviously wrong part part.
Except that, as already posted, they are a very professional company that helped tweak the original design. A company that has done molding a lot. A company that spent what, a month and half or more on the molds (clearly testing them in the process, as any company would)...

Edit: Also, if it came out wrong, they would have fixed it before MWeston saw it. As a professional company would. As far as his posts go, he got all the parts, and needed tweaking of the molds. Not that he was missing a part.

They could've realised it wasn't right, they could've taken pics of the parts prior to sending them out and OP said hey that doesn't look right.
For whatever reason these part(s) have not passed the ready to be shipped out as samples.
Eitherway, the way I see it, is that they need to redo it prior to it being sent out.
No samples have been sent out yet going by my understanding of the way things currently are.

BackAssward said:
Edit: Also, if it came out wrong, they would have fixed it before MWeston saw it. As a professional company would. As far as his posts go, he got all the parts, and needed tweaking of the molds. Not that he was missing a part.
The assumption you're making is that he has the parts in hand. He never once said he did. Reread the quote:
MWeston said:
Sorry everyone,

I had to pull the countdown timer. I dared to be brave and got bit in the ass once again. :( Craig suggested I was crazy but there didn't seem to be anything else that could be screwed up at this point and I even factored in a couple extra days.

There was one part coming out of the molds messed up and they were to fix it, make new parts and ship everything tonight. Now, two more molds need the extra treatment and will take a few more days. I'm hoping they ship new parts this weekend but no more count downs. Unbelievable.

"There was one part coming out of the molds messed up" suggests to me that the part was coming out of the mould messed up. My interpretation goes that they recognized a problem, spent yesterday fixing it, and were going to ship them out today, but then realized two other parts were doing the same thing. They'll spend the next few days fixing those parts and send them out this weekend.
I may have been too hasty in my unprofessionalism conclusion, they could have done everything right and all tests were perfect, but when they went to production, something minor occurred. Maybe the mould was just a little bit hotter than it was in testing, which caused minor warping. Maybe it just stuck to the final mould, and a thin coat of Teflon will solve everything. Who knows? It doesn't matter, all we need to know it they're working on it.

edit: a professional company would not have just fixed the mould and sent the fixed part. A professional company would have sent him word that there was a problem, they were fixing it, but it was going to delay them a couple days, which is exactly what I am assuming they did. If it had just been the one part, and they had sent everything out tonight, I'm sure we would never have heard about this. MWeston would have still received everything by this weekend, and the show would have gone on, as they say.
But it wasn't just the one. After fixing the one part, they realized two more were a problem and will need a couple days to fix, and that set MWeston's countdown timer off.

BackAssward said:
WizardStan said:
Or it can mean that it came out of the mould as a an obviously wrong part part.
Except that, as already posted, they are a very professional company that helped tweak the original design. A company that has done molding a lot. A company that spent what, a month and half or more on the molds (clearly testing them in the process, as any company would)...

Edit: Also, if it came out wrong, they would have fixed it before MWeston saw it(you assume). As a professional company would. As far as his posts go, he got all the parts, and needed tweaking of the molds. (you assume) Not that he was missing a part.

But it is stated nowhere that mweston saw the pieces he just said they were messed up. So a professional company as they are wouldnt send the piece but would send good ones a bit later.

But we are all speculating here, I am for sure and you are to you are deducting facts by assuming a lot of thing.

the thing is I dont mind any way we just have to wait some more days and we have been becomming experts at waiting

It occurs to me, that the way these moulds are made, it's probably much easier to shave away parts than it is to put them back (if it's even possible at all).
Perhaps they're leaving any decisions that might risk ruining the moulds to the customer rather than potentially having to start again?

But indeed, I know nothing about injection moulding, and without official an statement, we're all just speculating.

Aninhumer said:
But indeed, I know nothing about injection moulding, and without official an statement, we're all just speculating.

I'm getting the idea that that's all there is done these day's here :p

WizardStan said:
The assumption you're making is that he has the parts in hand. He never once said he did. Reread the quote:

I was just reading through this thread and was about to say the same thing. From my understanding, the first production samples were scheduled to land in MWeston's hands sometime this week- but the case company found a problem (one they had seen and fixed in another mold) on a couple of the molds. So the case production company found the problem on their own and had to delay shipping the first production samples to MWeston.

I made a similar point in the other discussion that is going on. To me MWeston suggests that the company realized there is a problem and are fixing things, but CraigX suggests that the OP-team wanted some small tweaks (ie they had received samples and want a change). It would be nice for this to be clarified, I'm guessing that these moulds are MUCH more difficult than the company expected them to be.

haptagud said:
I made a similar point in the other discussion that is going on. To me MWeston suggests that the company realized there is a problem and are fixing things, but CraigX suggests that the OP-team wanted some small tweaks (ie they had received samples and want a change). It would be nice for this to be clarified, I'm guessing that these moulds are MUCH more difficult than the company expected them to be.
I can't see the confusion, there just wasn't time for them to receive the samples.
Craig could've seen pics and said nah nah not how we expected it to look....
Can you for a second believe Craig would've got it and not said, he couldn't have kept that secret even if punishment for saying was death :lol:
As it is what we do know is that it needs to be tweaked for whatever reason, which has added approx a week.
Be nice to know what the problem was though

Na-Noo said:
Can you for a second believe Craig would've got it and not said, he couldn't have kept that secret even if punishment for saying was death :lol:
It wasn't Craigix waiting for the samples. It was MWeston, who has been well known for keeping secrets (or at least hiding them really well).

WizardStan said:
Na-Noo said:
It wasn't Craigix waiting for the samples. It was MWeston, who has been well known for keeping secrets (or at least hiding them really well).
He was talking about what Craigix said seemingly at odds with what MWeston said.
I'm saying their not necessarily at odds. And MWeston never had time to receive it.
And him thinking Craigix had. That's just not possible with him, he can't help himself reporting it :D

edit
although rereading what he wrote he just OP receiving it, not Craigix specifically as how I read it first time.
Sorry, although no time for them to have received it as I said

Couldn't it be something like:

Chinese company: Sample cases will take some more time than expected
MWeston: What happened?
Chinese company: We need to tweak the molds to fix some problems
MWeston: Hmmm, can you do these tweaks we want at the same time?
Chinese company: Sure

Or, OP were given the choice to go ahead as is (with the fault included) or make the tweaks to eliminate the fault. Therefore it was both a fault and a requested tweak. No contradiction.

Yoyobuae said:
Couldn't it be something like:

Chinese company: Sample cases will take some more time than expected
MWeston: What happened?
Chinese company: We need to tweak the molds to fix some problems
MWeston: Hmmm, can you do these tweaks we want at the same time?
Chinese company: Sure
Could, but wouldv'e thought they want the samples to be the final thing.
Be nice to know what's being done, we've been pretty spoilt for info (in my eye's) so keep these little details coming, when in the end all that really matters here is week longer

Back