Pandora commercial

scorpio

Website
www.xdi.nu
Ok guys I am actually a director/producer in my spare time and want to create a kick-ass ad for the panda. so please make suggestions on what the ad should convey and i will draft a script. i want to showcase it portability, functions, but most importantly games that will showcase it's awesomeness. eg the opening sequence to Turok: Seeds of Evil plays well and looks amazing and i am sure some PSX titles will likewise. So suggest away and let me know what kind of stuff I should put in the ad.

just so you know what i am capable off and who i am, here is my personal website:

http://www.daviddimuroproductions.com/home.html

This is my production business:

www.sl8it.com

those links are just to give you an idea of what i am capable of - so don't hold back with your suggestions!!!

Suggestions so far:

Greyout

Supergeometry Dust

Super Mario 64

Turok: Seeds of Evil

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII - needs more votes to get included

Supertux

Giana Sisters

SORR

Resident Evil 3

Tenchu

Quake 3

WorldWarVI

Xevious 3D/G

Perfect Dark

Super Geometry Dust

Panjoust

Giggolo

Lugaru

Wars: Commando

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon also works in video editing, my opinion is he should be responsible for pandora commercials, but, as mentioned multiple times before, OPT cant meet current demand, so why look for more?

yeah i know ed works in video editing - if OP team decide they don't like it i'll pull it. just trying to contribute something to the community - and criag has given me the ok to feature the panda in a tv series i'm producing - so i'm sure he won't mind a fan made ad. i'm sure he'll correct me if i'm wrong.

so keep suggestions coming

An ad is a cool idea the world needs to know about this beast of a system. Not sure but is showing off emulators running games copyright infringement. Even if it’s not showing Nintendos mascot in an advert for another system has got too piss off the wrong people. But if not my picks are either resident evil 3 nemesis or tenchu stealth assassins

Maybe first show off some homebrew games and say there free (Supertux, Giana Sisters, Streets of Rage Remake best game ever). then go onto say if that isnt good enough you can turn your Panda into almost anything and detail the systems it plays well eg PS1, GBA, snes, 64, genesis ......

Also good to show off it’s functionality and portability as a desktop computer, video player (VLC) and web browser I know I take mine to class (mostly to sit at the back and play games while the suckers study) but to take notes as well. maybe something to promote it to software developers too. I mean it couldn't hurt to get a few more of them on board.

An ad is a cool idea the world needs to know about this beast of a system. Not sure but is showing off emulators running games copyright infringement. Even if it’s not showing Nintendos mascot in an advert for another system has got too piss off the wrong people. But if not my picks are either resident evil 3 nemesis or tenchu stealth assassins

Maybe first show off some homebrew games and say there free (Supertux, Giana Sisters, Streets of Rage Remake best game ever). then go onto say if that isnt good enough you can turn your Panda into almost anything and detail the systems it plays well eg PS1, GBA, snes, 64, genesis ......

Also good to show off it’s functionality and portability as a desktop computer, video player (VLC) and web browser I know I take mine to class (mostly to sit at the back and play games while the suckers study) but to take notes as well. maybe something to promote it to software developers too. I mean it couldn't hurt to get a few more of them on board.

yes you are right about the copyright. in general you can not, and should not "direct" a copyright image into an ad. this is true of the name of the systems themselves - they are also trademarks. i guess the whole panda concept and emu scene skates on this thin ice in general. GPH did it when they released their system, though they never did mention it's intention. many videos made by panda owners and even the OP team feature trademarked images, logos, characters etc - in all fairness these companies just don't see it as a loss of revenue - if they did they would issue a cease and desist like they did to the SORR peeps. so you desist. LOL

i tend to script ideas and then consider these implications before shooting/editing anything.

i may make a super-charged review of the panda instead of an actual ad - by reviewing the device and it's features I am actually engaged in discourse and can use copyright images/trademarks etc to illustrate my review. generally...it's a fine line.

for example Disney sued a pre-school for hanging up picture of their characters in a classroom without getting a license to do a "public performance" of their copyright images. on teh otther hand if the school had used the images to study drawing techniques it would not have been considered a "public performance" for etertainment purposes and instead would have fallen under fair use to illustrate academic discourse...

so yeah i consider this stuff since it is what i do for a living. if anyone wants to chime in and offer their interpretation I would be happy to read it.

ah ok cool the review is a great idea it's like a transformer an advetisment in disguise.

I can't believe they would do that disney are just plain evil.

evil-disney.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/disney/wdco/daycare.asp

I really liked FF8, but there only needs there doesn't need to be 2 FFs so I think you should just include 7. I think Quake 3 should be on it to display some of the graphical capabilities and to include a FPS.

Needs more homebrew. (I vote for including WordWarVI!)

I vote for inclusion of Final Fantasy VIII. It has great graphics for showing off.

If you only include one of the Final Fantasies then the viewer may question whether the other was intentionally excluded for poor compatibility or something.

Back