Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

WizardStan said:
VRAndy said:
Even without this case delay, if the boards aren't being assembled until the "end of November" it's hard to see how they could ship out the Pandoras in that same month.
They'll be finished at end of month. No one said they wouldn't be doing a sufficiently large batch every day to be assembled and shipped.
Thats what I thought, so does it mean every single Pandora should be made by the end of the month?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun. said:
Thats what I thought, so does it mean every single Pandora should be made by the end of the month?
Assuming nothing else goes wrong (guarantee that something else goes wrong), and my math is right, and the devs aren't holding anything else back, and the case samples arrive early next week, and the go ahead is given, and the 10'000 are produced and shipped directly to Texas, and they arrive early the week of the 15th, then production can actually still begin on the 23rd. If we assume they can assemble 400 per day on average, that means 10 days of assembly, so the last one should be sent out by December 4th. Lets add an extra week, just to be sure, and say December 11th. With 4 to 6 weeks shipping, that lands the first "really real" Pandora around January 4th, and last one arriving nearer the end of January.
Keep in mind that I'm only guessing. Hopefully any underestimates I made are balanced by overestimates, though, and it all works out correctly.
Maybe we should start some kind of pool.

Shaun. said:
WizardStan said:
VRAndy said:
Even without this case delay, if the boards aren't being assembled until the "end of November" it's hard to see how they could ship out the Pandoras in that same month.
They'll be finished at end of month. No one said they wouldn't be doing a sufficiently large batch every day to be assembled and shipped.

No! Every single board. They've still got to be made into Pandoras at that point.

WizardStan said:
Maybe we should start some kind of pool.

I made my bet here. February. If it comes before that I'll be surprised.

WizardStan, your estimate makes sense. But consider this : They just said that the boards won't be ready until the "End of november". Craigix always phrases things in the most optimistic way possible, so we have to assume it's right at the end of November. So you're off by a week already.
And you seem to have them assembling Pandora's six days a week. So there's another day.
After the factory makes a few of them, will they go straight on, or will the team want to see one of the units? Add a week.
etc.

Hmm, yah. I'm not feeling too hopeful for November now either. Is there any chance that the boards being finished at the end of November means that some will be trickling out along the way? Or they all go out at the same time at the end of November...

I or Michael will be posting a much more accurate schedule soon.

The units will be shipping as they are completed, with the last board due to be completed at the end of Nov.

All units being shipped in time for Christmas is the goal.

VRAndy said:
And you seem to have them assembling Pandora's six days a week. So there's another day.
1) there are 5 weekdays. 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 1, 2, 3, 4 = 10 days I was talking about.
2) I then added an extra week
3) factories in North America usually follow what's called continental shifts. They operate 7 days a week. So I've actually added a nine day buffer in my estimates, not lost one.

And you are assuming that they don't start assembly of final consoles until the last board is finished. I'm assuming they're well into actual population and will be able to use those to assemble them as they go, starting on the 23rd. Even if you are right, and they don't start assembly until they have the last board populated on the 30th (assuming at least that much is correct), then as I said, I've already got at least 5 days (and as many as 9 days if they follow a standard 7 day/week shift) buffer factored in. Plus 6 weeks delivery, which is definitely pessimistic.
And we don't need to add a week for the dev team to see them: MWeston is going to be in Dallas when the first one rolls off the line.
All of your counter arguments are countered.

craigix said:

The units will be shipping as they are completed, with the last board due to be completed at the end of Nov.

What's your best guess as to when the first units will be shipped?

emil10001 said:
craigix said:

The answer will hopefully be in the said schedule due soon.

emil10001 said:
So far it has been November, but don't hope for any guesses better than this year. I don't think Craigix is into making any specific estimations anymore.

WizardStan said:
1) there are 5 weekdays. 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 1, 2, 3, 4 = 10 days I was talking about.

This makes perfect sense... now. I counted it, like, three times before I made my last post and I swear it only added up to nine.

My only theory is that the fundamental nature of mathematics has changed since I made my last post.

craigix said:

Will you be assembling them as the boards are manufactured, or are the boards going to be shipped to you guys in (a) batch(es)?

It's main bottle neck (if you can call it one) are the cases as the molds need tweaking. The only question that I have is do the team already worked out a packaging and shipping plan with the assembling companies, forgetting if that part is in-house as well or not.

craigix said:
The boards are due for completion this month.

I am really sorry. But I don't give ANYTHING on this.
If there would be written: The boards just arrived in Texas THEN it would mean something to me.

Well, it will come out when it comes out. I'm excited but if it doesn't get to me before Christmas I won't be upset, but I will be really excited if I do receive it before Christmas. Not more than if I receive it after Christmas, either way I'm good.

I can't believe that no other companies have copied the Pandora though, it still stands as the best hand held with controls for reto gaming.

VRAndy said:
My only theory is that the fundamental nature of mathematics has changed since I made my last post.
It does that frequently. I've done pretty much the same calculation over the last year, and every time it comes out different. :p

WizardStan said:
It does that frequently. I've done pretty much the same calculation over the last year, and every time it comes out different. :p

Strange... I keep doing different calculations and I keep coming up with 2 months.

Edit: Ugly broken quote

Back