Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

Tokiopop said:
Starts shipping November... I'm assuming that will just be the first 105?
If we see production units in 7 days (that'll be either Saturday or Sunday, depending on how 0 is counted) then there's no reason that the first Pandora can't be shipped on Monday. The "GO" is sent to the case manufacturers who pump out 10'000 the next day and ship them. Let's suppose that's almost another two weeks, with the bulk of the cases arriving in Dallas on the 20th. By that time I have optimistic hope that the PCBs are done, or enough done that they've been getting shipped to Dallas as well that they can actually start assembling cases and stuff into functional Pandoras over the next week, so they can start shipping a few hundred on the following Monday, November 30th. That gets both an "official" first ship in early November, and a "real" first shipping at the end of November.
This makes two assumptions: that they can produce and ship all 10'000 cases in two weeks (which sounds reasonable), and that the PCBs are either finished or being shipped in batches by the 20th (which doesn't sound unreasonable).
</wild-speculation>

Last edited by a moderator:
dont get sucked up too much into the hype.
lets say your a german customer, your pandora gets shipped the 5th December, taking one week to Craigix, another week to ED, then another to you and shoop da whoop its already Christmas.

Wolfsclaw said:
dont get sucked up too much into the hype.
lets say your a german customer, your pandora gets shipped the 5th December, taking one week to Craigix, another week to ED, then another to you and shoop da whoop its already Christmas.

don't be a buzzkill

The fact that some units are being shipped is a reason to be cheerful :D

Its been a heck of a wait but it will be worth it

What we then need is an estimation of when the PCB are completed from PCB manufacturer then passed onto the PCB assembly plant for assembly (at least that is the assumption I can make as to current state) as that will be more than likely be the last hurdle to climb.

I dont want to be a troll, but it think that until 2010 we won't see our Pandoras, just see how thing's have been coming. We should spect delays, we are first batch buyers!

you know how when you use windows and you start a file transfer the bar starts out really small but then gradually gets bigger and then it just says it will never finish?

It actually says "production unit showcase" which I thick means it'll be photographs of the first prototype to be built from production components.

Let's face it, the 105 will go to developers and they'll have them for a few weeks before the rest are given the go ahead. The other 3900-odd will come to us mere mortals in late December if we're lucky.

carlgeorge said:
It actually says "production unit showcase" which I thick means it'll be photographs of the first prototype to be built from production components.

Let's face it, the 105 will go to developers and they'll have them for a few weeks before the rest are given the go ahead. The other 3900-odd will come to us mere mortals in late December if we're lucky.
"Prototype"?!?
we've been seeing prototypes for like 8 months dawg.

carlgeorge said:

There aren't 105 developers who will be getting Pandoras for free from the initial batch. Also, the new PCBs are being etched out, and will probably soon start getting populated. Don't be quite so pessimistic.

Production Unit means initial unit from the MP Test run, 9/10 there is going to be more than 1 of the "production" units made.

This raises a quite a few flags.

*Micheal received the samples and they were OK'd
*Evil Dragon will have a good idea of when to make the final CE appointment
*Craig is shooting ladies in the face again

What would make an awesome production unit video is that these things happen:
*The hinge is there
*Wifi/bluetooth demo
*The video has an epic soundtrack.

Back