Am I To Be Led On By Them?

linc186

Still Fresh
So, realistically, when am I to expect my precious? According to the news, the nubs are done and production has resumed yesterday and cases and other parts are being shipped to Ed Craig and some other guy. And, according to previous news updates, Ed said 100 - 200 units can be assembled daily once production is stable. From my knowlwedge, about 900 pandoras are in the hands of bastards I envy so, assuming 100 will he pumped out a day, batch 1 production will be done in thirty one days, which is actually dec. 12 - 15 ( I'm an idiot... I don't know how many days are in each month :p ) which actually amounts to a day or two behind predictions. So, from my understanding batch 2 parts are all ready here so production can start immediately. Being in batch 2's que at 650 - 750, I should have my precious within 1 - 2 weeks of the start of batch 2 production assuming 100 are being made a day.

In summary, I should have mine by mid - late December and possibly early November. Does this mean I can have a pandora for Christmas?

....or am I being lead on?

(by false predictions and other crap)

Realistically: you can't estimate. Be reminded by all the people who've thought for the past two years that they might have theirs by Christmas. Temper your expectations.

Your estimations are off anyway. Even if board production finishes on Dec 15th, does that mean shipped to the UK? Does that mean assembled? Does that mean shipped to customers? No. Next is the fact that even though, for example, I am 2200-2300 in Craig's queue, that's not taking into account ED, Fatih, one-nubs, RMAs or spares, or multiple units per order. I'm probably mid-way through the 3000s and I'm not expecting mine by Christmas. I certainly _hope_ I'll get it shortly afterwards though.

I do believe that after Batch 1 is finished, and providing that the board production keeps a stable flow of boards up, it shouldn't be too many months before you get yours in Batch 2.

They're doing their best, but OP are relying on people who have let them down before. We'll only really know if the board production is anywhere once that first new batch of boards arrives in the UK.

@OP
Your expectations are way off. The last of Batch 1 won't be shipped from Texas until Dec. 15th. Plus UK assembly before further shipment. Assuming everything goes as planned. I don't see the glass as half empty. I see it as almost completely empty. But look at it this way: even though you'll be one of the last of current preorders to receive your unit, you'll probably be waiting for the least amount of time.

Or is this a troll? Because it's already mid-November here.
Edit: Nevermind, it was probably a typo. I'm assuming you meant early January?
Edit++; Even though it sucks we haven't received our units, I'm sure they'll come eventually. Just enjoy the forums (there are two, after all) and prepare yourself for it's eventual delivery. I'm going through an "accumulate music" phase. Although, with winter coming, there aren't any garage sales, so it's getting harder to find cheap CDs. Plus development.

... So ... I herd u liek waiting.
gpk4P.jpg

linc186 said:
....or am I being lead on?

At that point in the que, I would say you've only played the Two Months™ game twice? Your concern should be boards and cases, improved nubs test run is finished and enroute or in Texas, not the 5900 needed to finish Batch 1. There is no exact number on boards that are complete other than some guy with a cheesy suit and goatee's word. Cases are 1000 short to complete batch 1 (supposedly on a boat, remember Somali pirates are out there) and there is no word on cases for batch 2 other than some electrosparkle finish talk that has never made the light of day either.

Christmas? 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, if Somali pirates try and steal my Pandora I will personally go out there and fight them off. And I am sure I'm not the only one who would do so.

And for the love of God please don't make such depressing predictions even if you think they may come true. Let's be positive!

Mjlink said:
...Somali pirates are out there...

Yeah, but everyone knows that all Linux users are also pirates. Aren't they supposed to live by some sort of code?

P.S. Arrggggggh.

linc186 said:
According to the news, the nubs are done and production has resumed yesterday

What news?

linc186 said:
......<snip> According to the news, the nubs are done and production has resumed yesterday
Please define done :blink: (yesterday I can handle :p )

If you're really paying attention to Pandora "news" then yes, you're being led on. It'll come when it comes, and it may well be close, but don't believe anything OPT says about it. ;)

Besides, December sounds way too good to be true... I don't believe that one for a moment.

Popcorn Dave said:
Besides, December sounds way too good to be true... I don't believe that one for a moment.
well it was believable last month... when December was still 2 months away....

(in head November +2)..... January, now there's an achievable date :blink:

The news i was referring to was the developer blog. Am i wrong? (I am afraid of the idiocracy i may have committed :X?)

linc186 said:
The news i was referring to was the developer blog. Am i wrong? (I am afraid of the idiocracy i may have committed :X?)

The Developer blog to me seemed like good news, Although I've only been waiting a year, not the two+ a lot of people here have been. I only take information like that with a slight grain of optimism. I'll get it when I get it.

XxionxX said:
I still can't believe that this Christmas will have been 2 years of waiting. I don't want to get my hopes up though.

I can't believe that this will be the third xmas since I ordered

Back