Conclusion / synthesis of the keyboard poll results

Making light of my previous post doesn't invalidate the verity of the existent points I brought up. You will notice them for sure later. :)   

Last edited by a moderator:
So now your space is different, and your shift and enter isn't. State a case where that helps.
Wide space helps differentiate from other keys. Idk why shift and enter size would effect that. :huh:
I mean, it is unfortunate that the other keys are not as big as a wide space, but if we had (and did) to sacrifice

all big keys except one, that one would be (and is) the space key.
A taller space does that too, what is better about making it wider (than a key that is already wider compared to its other axis)?

So now your space is different, and your shift and enter isn't. State a case where that helps.
Wide space helps differentiate from other keys. Idk why shift and enter size would effect that. :huh:
I mean, it is unfortunate that the other keys are not as big as a wide space, but if we had (and did) to sacrifice

all big keys except one, that one would be (and is) the space key.
A taller space does that too, what is better about making it wider (than a key that is already wider compared to its other axis)?
I think people are worried they won't find the space key if it's not a long bar. It's too late to change but maybe if we had added some grooves on this single width key it would of made it more locatable. We would of had to of skipped the label for it though. 

As for my 13d layout changes, another bonus to putting Select and Start on the painlessly easy to get to top right two keys is, if the customer doesn't mind exclusively using the shoulder buttons for Ctrl and Alt, they could optionally map Select and Start to Right and Left mouse buttons if they want a more natural tactile feel than the center clicks of the nubs or the two mini-me buttons of I and II can offer them.  :)

Back