Unofficial Keyboard Layouts

Both shift for compose is a nice idea.

Maybe you add "lock shift" and "lock AltGr" for double tapping the button.

(Not the shoulder button but only the face button)

For the table typing and non-shoulder button typing guys it might be handy.

At least it in on my Mobile Phone.

Both shift for compose is a nice idea.

Maybe you add "lock shift" and "lock AltGr" for double tapping the button.

(Not the shoulder button but only the face button)

For the table typing and non-shoulder button typing guys it might be handy.

At least it in on my Mobile Phone.
I added the double Left Shift to Caps Lock shortcut to the summary. 

Some minor touch-ups to the images and post.

Lock AltGr is very non-standard, and really opens up the "whats going on" caveat of confusing users.
We could call it something catchy like "AltGr Mode".  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: szr
Updated again(last time hopefully).

• Rearranged some of the German umlauts and moved F11 to the same row as F12.
  • Renewed uncentered layouts for comparisons.

Mmm...  double tap?  No...

How about...?

Shift held + AltGr = Lock AltGr

AltGr held + Shift = Lock Shift.

Why is ESC on "Q" and not on TAB?
Personally I would rather not have ESC on TAB.. TAB is a high use key, which there may be a situation were one may hit the ESC by accident and it could cause a program to exit or what not. Q button may be less ideal as well, but I like it a little better.

Personally I would rather not have ESC on TAB.. TAB is a high use key, which there may be a situation were one may hit the ESC by accident and it could cause a program to exit or what not. Q button may be less ideal as well, but I like it a little better.
My concern here again is to make ESC easy to find for some new user.

Lots of people (Gamescome for example) have problems when it comes to exit programs or to get into the ingame menu.

Mostly ESC would do the job.

As ESC is hidden they try Start and don't think that there is an ESC key.

I would highly want an ESC Key.

When there is one it's more likely that people might find it.

For users who know it's fine of course.

I don't want it to be changed I'm simple curious.

There is one more button I would like (and will use as nub center for me).

I don't know how it`s called but that one on a standard keyboard that opens up the right click menu.

Wait, ESC is on "Q"?  I'm not liking that much at all.  That would make it rather difficult to use vim.  I guess if it can't be relocated, I would just have to remap some keys. 

-Glyph Reader

Exactly this. Tab is too busy a key for the volatile Escape key to be under. Imagine forgetting you're in "AltGr Mode" and hitting the Escape key by mistake when needing to Tab.  -_-

Some changes and additional text to the origin post: 

• Added a "Logo" key toggle. We don't necessarily need a keyboard shortcut for the logo notifications, but I included it anyway. Any changes to notifications could be verified by the display GUI when altering the settings. I know as little about how the lid logo will work as you do.
  • Added Soft and Hard Resets, Force Restart, and Kill Tasks Manager keyboard combos. They may be done entirely differently though. 
  • Offered subtle explanations for the why things were done the way they were. Tried to cover everything I thought pertinent.  :)

Minor update to the uncentered versions. Shuffled tilde and grave more to the right, keeping them uniform with the other layouts. 

Small update. 

• Shift + AltGr then Asterisk is now Ring diacritic. Was using the At symbol. The consolidated images don't mirror this minor change BTW as it wasn't worth the bother.  ^_^
  • AltGr + Shift then numbers 1, 2, or 3 could be Print Screen, and the legacy keys Scroll Lock and Pause/Break. Somewhere to have them without uprooting anything else, though Alt + these may pose a problem in some OS environments. <_<    

Updated the layouts. Added a third type of layout only as an example. Centered and Uncentered both look good to me though.

Added two more "variant" layouts. These additions are sort of a merging of the earlier layouts. I like the letters uncentered only because comma and period are put on the right side as opposed to exiled to the lower left edge in the centered layout, but symmetrical lettering has a more natural feel to them to me.

The only other obvious way to have comma and period to the right in the centered layout without shifting a row over by one is to make comma an AltGr value under period(or vice versa) and place them above the spacebar. We'd then have only one keyboard Shift key, again. Didn't want to do that. Anyhow, enjoy the updates.  :)

Back