Release [Beta] UAE4All with new GUI

ok, here's one more for you. There are graphical glitches in PP hammer and his Pneumatic weapon. Another classic!! any idea whether these could be fixed? thanks please thanks please thanks please thanks please thanks please thanks please thanks please thanks please  :D

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I haven't tried the beta yet.

but maybe you can test Hollywood Poker Pro... the pics were not displaying correctly and and the intro music wasn't sync with the animation.

Thanks again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a bit of searching on the net for other emulator fixes for PP Hammer, and found the following text (merged from a few different sources) - not sure if any of it will be useful to aid in fixing PP Hammer if you ever get the chance:

[SIZE=10pt]winuae[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]- PP Hammer and Spindizzy Worlds graphics flicker fixed in non-cycle[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]  exact mode (again..)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]- implemented very simple code that approximates the number of cycles that bitplane DMA steals from the blitter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]  Now it is possible to run some games/demos without graphics glitches in non-cycle exact mode[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]  (for example PP Hammer and Spindizzy Worlds)[/SIZE]

- more compatible blitter speed in non cycle-exact mode
Code:
  (Spindizzy Worlds, PP Hammer..)
Cheers! :)

The new version with the new GUI made me play some old Amiga games again. I found that Road Rash has some flickering in the background graphics. I played it before on the Pandora, and I don't remember the flickering, so maybe it was introduced in one of the later versions? I don't know for sure though.

Also in WWF Wrestlemania when moving to the bottom of the screen the feet of the wrestler sprite disappear. It depends a bit on the resolution how bad the effect is though.

Is it just me, or does everything look more pretty now? Maybe it's just the presets for the screen resolution.

Thanks for keeping on improving this! I know I said this before: portable Amiga in my pocket was my main reason for getting a Pandora, so I really mean it when I say "thanks"! :)

Hmm I couldn't get my competition pro USB joystick working. Is there anyway to determine if its even being picked up by the Pandora?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

if you bring up a terminal and type dmesg just shortly after plugging it in.. it should give verb-age saying it found it or it error-ed out in the process.

Just remember almost all joysticks/mice and keyboards are USB 1.0 devices.. so you will need a USB 2.0 hub for it to work.. or one of those mini-USB to Female USB adapters to use the OTG port.

Silly but serious question. If the USB port in the Pandora is USB why do I need a usb2 hub for a usb1 device or did u mam the device will be usb2

Silly but serious question. If the USB port in the Pandora is USB why do I need a usb2 hub for a usb1 device or did u mam the device will be usb2

The regular sized USB port on the Pandora is USB 2.0 only.. as in it doesn't support USB 1.0 devices. This is the case because there wasn't enough space on the PCB to put the necessary circuitry to make it compatible with both( I believe it's just a USB 2.0 hub chip).. So we're forced to use an external USB 2.0 hub to do the switching from 1.0 to 2.0. 

The smaller OTG port handles both 1.0 and 2.0, which is why some buy those adapters.. but that port is limited in the amount of current it can handle so there is that...

Aha! Thanks for explaining. Will try it in a hub tonight :)

If you plugged it in without a hub, you probably have to reboot your Pandora before the USB port works again. Also make sure your HUB is USB2.

I have a compatible HUB and the Competition Pro Joystick works great. You probably have to go into the Control settings and chose another preset to get one of the two big buttons as fire button, though. Amiga had just one fire button, on the Competition Pro there are 4 unique buttons, and with the default preset 1 one of the small ones near the stick is used for fire.

Can someone help me? Use4all crahes everytime after the select uae4all 2.0 screen. I restarted the pandora. I deleted the uae4all folder and even used a second sdcard for a fresh installation.
I dont know what i should try next. I would be so nice to play ambermoon on my fresh upgraded pandora.

Tried the the version from November 2013 (2.4) and it works like a charm but it has not the new ui.

Not sure, it works for me.. 

What version of Super Zaxxon are you using?, are you up to date? Have you tried a fresh download of the uae4all PND?

BTW I couldn't get the USB hub working. I checked with dmesg and it seems like its seeing the hub but then says something like device not enumerated or something like that :( any ideas. I wonder if my hub doesn't have the usb1 chip in?

I might try mine... although my test will be slightly different..

I`ll pop my hub in... put my usb to 9 pin adaptor in, then plus my homemade joystick in there... see how I get on!

Well Ive ordered another hub that says its usb1 compatible so I'll have an answer within a few days :)

BTW I couldn't get the USB hub working. I checked with dmesg and it seems like its seeing the hub but then says something like device not enumerated or something like that :( any ideas. I wonder if my hub doesn't have the usb1 chip in?

I've never seen a USB 2.0 complient HUB that didn't support USB 1.X, I guess the question is if it's truly a USB 2.0 hub and not an old USB 1.X hub.. Also there has been reports of quirkiness with some select hubs and the Pandora.. One oddness is you need to plug your devices into the hub prior to plugging into the Pandora other wises it crashes the USB host and you will need to reboot the Pandora or type some command in a terminal that I can't seem to find on a search of this forum to reset this issue...

Edit: also to note if you plug in any USB 1.X device into the USB 2.0 port directly you will crash the USB host.. And like I said before only a reboot or that reset command(that I can't find) can fix this.

Back