Release [Beta] UAE4All with new GUI

well done that man :)    

Looks solid...

well, maybe apart from putting the shortcuts back for the floppies.. 1,2,3 and 4 to quick insert them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, one more update...

- Bugfix in M68020 Opcode UNPK: SlamTilt shows correct score now

- Added: press 0, 1, 2 and 3 in GUI to load disk in drive DF0, DF1, DF2 and DF3

- Filelist is now first active control when opening file dialog

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • uae4all_src.zip
    388.5 KB · Views: 166
Tom you're turning into the Columbo of updates! ! This last one is certainly long anticipated, I played so much of this game back on my 1200! Once again thanks for your continued work! :)

Amiga emulation gets beter and better, thanks.

Bug: The cpu clock doesn't return to my default settings when exiting uae, it keeps the speed selected in uae.

Request: Can you make the file browser as wide as posible? Selecting disk number * (of a multiple game/demo) with long filenames would be easier.

For some reason I still have that score display error on Slam Tilt, I'll try it again. ..

Ok, let's start another beta phase...

This version needs some tests of AGA stuff, because of some changes to improve performance. Please report any graphic issues which are new compared to the version in Repo

What's new in current beta:
- Bugfix: screenwidth adjusted to correct values (was broken in new GUI)
- Changed size of scrollbar in DropDown controls
- New configuration manager: load/save/delete configurations (useful for different configurations for one HD or own presets) (thanks to lubomyr)
- Performance enhancements: my reference demo (AGA, M6820 at 28MHz) runs now with full speed without frameskip and no overclock on 1GHz Pandora
- Eject-button for every floppy drive

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.2 MB · Views: 164
  • uae4all_src.zip
    825.8 KB · Views: 159
Quick testing of a few of my normal games. Alien Breed 3D refuses to load fully no matter what version or configuration I throw at it. It gets to loading music then no further

Worms DC plays fullspeed but there's a little graphical corruption in the info section at the bottom(eg where it shows weapon names or terrain types at start of level)

James Pond 2 aga runs perfectly smoothly

Fixed graphics issues in Worms DC. Alien Breed 3D doesn't work in any version of uae4all. I put this one on the to-do list...

Odd thing is it used to work up to recently, I'll have to go back a version or two and investigate!

Here is a new version...

- Fixed graphics issues in Worms DC
- Fixed Alien Breed 3D
- AROS as kickstart replacement supported.
  Lot of games and demos are working with this replacement and we can distribute a copy of the files with UAE4All (current version already included in PND).
  Note: AROS needs at least 1MB chip RAM and 1 MB fast RAM.

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.1 MB · Views: 151
  • uae4all_src.zip
    386.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks Tom, I'll give this a whirl when I get home tonight! Do you want people to mention any other games they can't get working (apart from the continued Zeewolf issues), or is it too much of a PITA to work on individual games??

It's ok to mention non working games or demos. But people have to know, that there are limits in uae4all because we'll never have a cycle exact emulation.

Not that it's a great game or anything but I can never get the 4MB version of Alien Breed 3D 2 to work. Granted it'd certainly be a slide show on the Pandora anyway!

Another game that in my testing almost works is Naughty Ones AGA. It gets to the title then hangs with continual music playing. The normal version works anyway and I think the AGA version only adds slightly more colourful sprites so it's no massive loss!

Fire and Ice Cd32 gets to past the title screen then stops before game play

I'm not sure if there's any great demand for those games, just noting it as it comes to me! ;)

Update after doing some testing last night, Alien Breed is certainly faster than before and Worms DC is still as fun as ever! Had an odd glitch when it wouldn't control properly but restarting the emulation fixed it! Another great update, thanks Tom! !!

In this version, Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2 didn't freeze anymore. Also, in Alien Breed 3D 2, you see some more graphic effects during intro...

We have to check if these changes break other games or demos...

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.2 MB · Views: 151
Wow! you did it TomB :)  excellent stuff... just out of curiosity.... what was the issue?

Thanks so much...

Now... where do I donate? :)

I removed one optimization in blitter-code (hope this doesn't affect performance too much).

I don't accept donations, because uae4all based on the work of many others.

Back