Here is a new beta version of UAE4All with following changes:

- Right shift of entire display by one pixel fixed
 - New Amiga screen widths: 352, 384, 704, 768
 - HD file/folder specific configs

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2.4 MB · Views: 379
Thanks Tom, another early Christmas present to all us Miggy fans!!

Ok seems to work fine.. One pixel to the right? Didn't know it needed it :)

Hd save works ok..

I was kinda hoping for three configs.. Like a500, a1200 and hd maybe? Because as it is now ( correct me if I'm wrong ) you click on a1200 config and the hdd settings kick in..

So what if I want to choose a1200 but not want the hdd.. I guess if I had a disk I df0 then the hdd doesn't invoke?

Another thing... I have found a nice screen mode for my hdd .. Does it stay? I've chose it in screen mode pres in workbench and saved.. But does the emulator screen mode save on exit?

Thanks so much again for working of this. :) do you have any other additions your working on for uae4all??

Yeah. The hd config system isn't working too well....

I mean.. It saves ok... But if I go back I the menu and choose a500 and then reset.. It tries to load the hdd ( comes up with non dos disk errors )

I would have to go into hdd config and zero out my hdd to play a500 games ( this is obviously without a disk In df0 )

Selecting A500 or A500T does not affect any disk or hd settings. These options changes only chipset, memory and cpu parameters.

Save game specific configurations for faster switch between different settings.

do you have any other additions your working on for uae4all??
I'm not sure what to implement next. Perhaps I try to add picasso...

Have you any suggestions on the issue of sound skipping using the higher speed Amiga speeds(eg A1200T)? It feels like its not Pandora speed dependent, as further overclocking doesn't seem to make it any lesser?

And yes, Picasso support would be very tasty indeed! :)

Selecting A500 or A500T does not affect any disk or hd settings. These options changes only chipset, memory and cpu parameters.
Save game specific configurations for faster switch between different settings.

do you have any other additions your working on for uae4all??
I know it doesn't mess with the hd settings.. But if the hd settings are set already then going back to a500 still had the hd settings set, so if there's no disk in df0 it tries to boot..

I think the sound problem occurs when not all frames are drawn, which indicates the Pandora is too slow. We need automatic frameskip if the performance goes down to avoid delays in audio rendering.

Thanks for the info, I had been wondering if it was something in my configuration I needed to tweak! I have observed the same issue if you try run a game using one of the higher speeds even if it runs fine at a lower model speed (not sure I'm explaining that well)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If you double the 68000 speed, uae has to emulate double amount of 68000 commands during one frame. And for this, the Pandora CPU isn't fast enough and I don't think there is much hope to optimize the FAME core to get better results.

Two suggestions should you feel bored:

1) between UAE 0.8.14 and 0.8.17 Lionheart was fixed. With UAE 0.8.14 it shows the same severe gfx errors as in UAE4All, with UAE 0.8.17 they are gone...

2) It Came from the Desert and the bombing- and strafing-missions in Wings run too fast in UAE4All (other Cinemaware titles are probably affected, too). To run at the correct speed they need "cycle-exact blitter" which is missing in our blitter.cpp. Note that not the extremely CPU-intense cycle-exact CPU emulation is required, but just the cycle-exact blitter from old UAE versions (e.g. 0.8.23).

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that upgrade to the emulator fix those issues with games like Slam Tilt too?

(null)

Two suggestions should you feel bored:

1) between UAE 0.8.14 and 0.8.17 Lionheart was fixed. With UAE 0.8.14 it shows the same severe gfx errors as in UAE4All, with UAE 0.8.17 they are gone...

2) It Came from the Desert and the bombing- and strafing-missions in Wings run too fast in UAE4All (other Cinemaware titles are probably affected, too). To run at the correct speed they need "cycle-exact blitter" which is missing in our blitter.cpp. Note that not the extremely CPU-intense cycle-exact CPU emulation is required, but just the cycle-exact blitter from old UAE versions (e.g. 0.8.23).
Also if you managed to whip these into shape quick.. You could might take a look at Zeewolf!!!

Now I've gotten to give this a run through for a few hours this afternoon (amongst the usual Christmas eve madness), here's my thoughts. The Hard Drive config option is good and useful. The fact the the emulator remembers what screenmode you were using coming back out of the main menu screen, including the hires ones is good (the previous version I used seemed not to be able to do that properly). The fact that the activity overlay only takes up the space it requires on the screen and not the entire screen width is good too .

The only issue I have to say anything negative about (and it's not about this version specifically, just something I'm finding with HDF usage), is sometimes a game will hang in mid-loading and continually be accessing the HD and writing for seemingly forever. If I exit the emulator, the HDF won't boot up properly the next time, forcing me to copy over a fresh version. Anyone else experience that?

Oh and also Super Stardust has some odd graphics glitches, but otherwise runs great (only new game I tried). I can't seem to get WormsDC running on WHDload or ADF anymore, and haven't managed to for the last few versions of this PND. It did run previously, but seemed to stall sometimes during gameplay, especially during a computer turn.... 

But lastly, I'm going to say thanks to Tom and John for all their hard work, and to wish them a happy Christmas and New Year!! :D

Here is an experimental release of UAE4All with better performance.

In previous versions, we are loosing some time waiting for vsync after a frame is drawn. Now, waiting for vsync is done by a different thread and we use the waiting time to continue with the emulation till we reach the point, where the first new line should be drawn.

I tested this version with some games and demos, but we need more tests to see if this version is stable so we can really use this modification.

Edit: Removed file, because using two threads causes some problems with drawing. New version with different approach to don't waste so much time for waiting for vsync will come...

THanks again Tom, you're a coding machine!! I had a quick go, it's definitely faster for some of the more demanding AGA games, not really gotten to put it through it's paces fully yet. I've been getting my own setup sorted properly, a few of my kickstart roms weren't the exact ones that whdload was looking for, so I had to scour the net until I found what I needed(!) It definitely increases compatability loads though, I got Super Skidmarks up and running in glorious hires=o=vision!

Maybe someone from developers can implement fsdb.c and filesys-linux.c from puae-2.5.1 which can solve correct work tinylauncher in 'hd-dir' mode

as i see in fsdb.c exist some changes, opendir replaced with my_opendir, readdir -> my_readdir, etc...

This new functions (my_opendir, my_readdir, ...) introduced in file filesys-linux.c

I tried to compile, but have few errors
error: cannot convert 'DIR*' to 'my_opendir_s*' in return
and few other errors 'cannot convert...'.

There is definitely something wrong with the sound in the accelerated Amiga modes. Both AB3D and Breathless run at flawless speeds on my CC pandora, but the sound has huge gaps within it, despite the smooth framerate. This is a problem that affects both your beta and the latest release of UAE4All. 

Edit: Also still suffers from the same problem as the last version in that when you insert a new disk your scaling preferences get reset to 640x480 instead of what you actually wanted (and saved as global config) previously.

D.

Back