Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

Thanks Tom, guess I missed that one! Found one minor bug while playing Robocod AGA. Used a smaller screen size to maximise the gamw screen, when I went back into the main menu that screen shows at the normal resolution but the menu screen for screen resolution was zoomed in at the same resolution as in game so some of the options were now off the bottom of the scene. Changing the resolution in game didn't fix this. Not a major issue as restating the PND fixes it anyway:)

Oh and I've experienced no cursor issues at all so hopefully that's nailed it for good'

As I remember, UAE is especially difficult to start up - would be nice if a front-end pickle-launcher was added.  That or if PanDafe was ever worked on anymore, if it could support Amiga, so that you just pick your game and it goes.
It`s not difficult at all..  You just need kick13.rom and some adf`s.  also knowing how a real Amiga works ( or worked ) might be helpful.

Please god no Pickle launcher on UAE4ALL..

Good work TomB..

Although I`ve found an issue.

If you select A500 ( preset system setup ) then hit B ( well actually thats fine ) 

But if you go back and select A1200 preset then press B, CPU speed stays at 500. I would of assumed it would change to 1200..

also if you change the preset back to A500 again and press B... CPU speed doesn`t change to 500 ( stays at 1200 )

forgive me if this is meant to be like that.... but I`m pretty sure it used to move?

Darren

If you select A500 ( preset system setup ) then hit B ( well actually thats fine ) But if you go back and select A1200 preset then press B, CPU speed stays at 500. I would of assumed it would change to 1200.. also if you change the preset back to A500 again and press B... CPU speed doesn`t change to 500 ( stays at 1200 )
This behavior is wrong. I have to check and fix it.

Is it not a mix up between Emulated Amiga speed and actual Pandora CPU speed though? I don't remember that cpu speed changing unless I manually set it

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora cpu speed changes only if you adjust the settings in the menu.

The Amiga cpu speed needs to be set, when you choose the A500 or A1200 profile and stainy says, this doesn't work as expected.

Didn't realise you could define different Pandora speeds per profile, guess its coz I seldom ever use A500 settings!

Do I need to d/l and install the PND from the 1st post here?

I d/l UAE4All from the PNDManager yesterday and when launched it I was prompted to run 'UAE4All2' or 'older versions'. I chose the former, is that effectively this same version?

Only played Xenon, it plays sweet though, I love this old game :)

I don't know if the original post gets updated with the most up to date beta, I'd recommend downloading the one from page 7 on this thread?

Hey guys is there a wiki or something that can help a A500 guy learn how to use the Hard drive features on uae4all? I've never used anything except disk images..

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed Amiga-OS 3.9 and it works great. Got only a screen less than 800×480.

I tried picasso96 and uaegfx, but that didnt work. Start it and it shows a very small and only half the resolution screen at the left side.

Is there a way to get the workbench working with the full pandora-screen-resolution?

If I remember correctly that's a limitation of UAE4ALL, it doesn't support RTG or any Picasso modes, so you can only select from the screen modes already available in the emulator(ie not full Pandora). I believe TomB is still working at bringing in features from other UAE forks so maybe this support will get added down the line!☺

Back