Release [Beta] new version of UAE4All

New version of uae4all with following changes to previous version in this thread:

- Enabled Pandora CPU speed setting again
- Added Amiga 1200T2 mode (need to overclock to 1.1 GHz to get 25 fps for my AGA reference demo)

List of all changes to latest version in repo:

- Right shift of entire display by one pixel fixed
- New Amiga screen widths: 352, 384, 704, 768
- HD file/folder specific configs
- Merged some changes of other uae versions in cia.cpp, custom.cpp, filesys.cpp
- Selecting different .adf changes nothing in configuration if no disk-specific config exists
- Option to select joystick in port 0, port 1 or both. Select the right port to prevent activating second player in some games.
- Bugfix: press of second button in port 0 often interpreted as press of both buttons
- Bugfix: load of disk specific config copied last used disk name to all empty drives
- Performance enhancements: some AGA stuff runs now with full speed without frameskip on 1 GHz Pandora
- Bugfix (hopefully): mousepointer no longer limited to part of screen
- Added stereo mode (thanks to lubomyr for his changes in android version)
- Added Amiga 1200T2 mode (need to overclock to 1.1 GHz to get 25 fps for my AGA reference demo)

Regards,

TomB

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    2 MB · Views: 181
can`t seem to get this latest beta to run. Here`s my output file

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SANDISK32B/pandora/apps/UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SANDISK32B/pandora/appdata/uae4all
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : 600
EXENAME         : runme.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/uae4all"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SANDISK32B/pandora/appdata/uae4all=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/uae4all=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/uae4all"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runme.sh  ) ----------
ERROR: ld.so: object './libSDL-1.2.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
./uae4all: error while loading shared libraries: libc64.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runme.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/uae4all': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

I did some tests with DSP, but there is no code left in the source. Just the lib is referenced in the makefile and it seems the linker adds it to the output. I recompile the stuff soon without this reference...

I just reflashed my Pandora as I was somehow missing libraries required to run The Tube. I'll update the firmware this evening and try again

This version doesn't seem to work for me either. When I launch the version 2.0, the sd card flashes then nothing happens. If I select old version, it works. Downloaded the PND twice, and did the OS update a few days ago. Hope this helps...

Breathless AGA in T2 speed mode on Android device with quad core cpu 1.5Ghz look not bad, very smooth at full screen

Recompiled after removing everything from my DSP tests. Also fixed a bug (graphic glitches) which appeared in Aladin AGA.

I tested this version with my 600MHz Pandora, which doesn't have the latest kernal. So the DSP problem should be gone.

uae4all_src.zip

UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    414.3 KB · Views: 151
  • UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
I take is DSP is not viable for this? Or u haven't had too much time to fully test/optimise for DSP?
There was not enough time to find the right things for DSP. I will have a look at this again later.

Only very quickly fitted it after fully upgrading my Pandora and it seems to load fine now. Have to download this evenings update and try it out in a few minutes

Works great, TomB, Thanks a lot! Actually this build works even better than the previous one (which was supposed to already include speed ups): I had slowdowns with the DigitalInovation demo from Anarchy, and now, everything is smooth as silk. Amazing job!

As I remember, UAE is especially difficult to start up - would be nice if a front-end pickle-launcher was added.  That or if PanDafe was ever worked on anymore, if it could support Amiga, so that you just pick your game and it goes.

this version is certainly faster than the last and games are running smoother than ever! quick question though,is there a keyboard shortcut for activating custom controls?I have to set them up for games like Alien Breed 3D

Last edited by a moderator:
As I remember, UAE is especially difficult to start up - would be nice if a front-end pickle-launcher was added. That or if PanDafe was ever worked on anymore, if it could support Amiga, so that you just pick your game and it goes.
It's got a lot of options, but I've barely touched them and still been able to get stuff running. IIRC the most complicated bit, along with a lot of other emulators is sorting out the BIOS files. Once that's sorted and it starts without moaning, just select a disc image to put in Drive 0 and hit the R trigger and it should launch the game.

The difficult bits are not those that would be helped by a pickle launcher-type setup IMO.

Back