Best Custom OS for Pandora in Regards to Gaming?

It's virtually impossible to run mods without the use of console. Probably even from a Bat/sh file.
Well that is absolutely not true at all.
Putting this aside for a moment: I made the package IOQuake 3, it did so successfully. Then, I installed it (and according to terminal, it worked) My question is where did it install it to? (Under Slackware)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I THINK I'm compiling IOQuake3 atm, but it's taking like an hour (or more) to do so. Hopefully this works. I'll post an update regarding the progress once it's finished.

Well, I THINK I'm compiling IOQuake3 atm, but it's taking like an hour (or more) to do so. Hopefully this works. I'll post an update regarding the progress once it's finished.
Update: After like two and a half hours, it did some things, but ended up giving me an error saying :package extension .tgzy not supported. Is there an application I can use to do so? It compiled tgz, but not sure why it can't do tgzy...

With reservations for my slack-fu being a bit rusty: You don't make a lot of sense. If you are compiling something, why would you end up with a package manager error?

I can't find anything anywhere about a tgzy file. I'm pretty sure you've done something wrong.

With reservations for my slack-fu being a bit rusty: You don't make a lot of sense. If you are compiling something, why would you end up with a package manager error?
Okay, I do need to admit something: I renamed the extension before compiling from IOQuake3.tar.gz to IOQuake3.tgz because it would not 'compile' until I did so. And Wizard, I couldn't find anything either. I appreciate all your guys help/input, and I am probably going to (for now) just deal with q3 not loading mods...

As a side question, I downloaded IOQuake2 for the Pandora, but was curious if mods worked on it without the need for them to be compiled as a gamearm.so (the guts of the mod)

I see there are plenty of Q2 Linux mods, but they are all in gamei386.so, which might be a completely different OS.

I apologize for being all over the place, I'm just random like that, lol.

Ok, I installed Quake 3 on my desktop, copied over the data files, downloaded a mod (Gundam Universe to be precise, only because it was near the top of the list), started Quake3 on my Pandora, and THERE'S A BLOODY "MODS" MENU OPTION! Select that, selected the mod, and away I go. No muss, no fuss.

Ok, I installed Quake 3 on my desktop, copied over the data files, downloaded a mod (Gundam Universe to be precise, only because it was near the top of the list), started Quake3 on my Pandora, and THERE'S A BLOODY "MODS" MENU OPTION! Select that, selected the mod, and away I go. No muss, no fuss.
i know that, but the mod I wanted to work doesn't. It's weird, because my PSP can run that Q3 mod from the menu (slowly, but still) so it tells me it's not a ram issue. And the PSP only has 64MB ram.

I was able to run it from command line with the "+set fs_game" option. The controls are terrible but I'm pretty sure someone with enough dedication could fix them up.

Wait, the Q3CMD file works? That means I CAN run a couple of them. That also tells me the in-game mod menu doesn't work properly...

This is a big plus!

You can also edit controls in game.

P.S: was your Command line file named Q3CMD too? Or was it named something else?

What? What's Q3CMD? I mounted the PND and ran "./ioquake3 +set fs_game baseoa"

Download this

Extract it to your desktop and then copy just the "baseoa" and "missionpack" directories onto your SD card to the /pandora/appdata/quake3 directory. Download this replacement script and also put that in the /pandora/appdata/quake3 directory. Finally, copy the file "/pandora/appdata/quake3/.ioq3/baseq3/q3config.cfg" to "/pandora/appdata/quake3/.ioq3/baseoa/q3config.cfg", otherwise the graphics won't work at all.

Run IOQuake3 as normal through the menu.

Textures seem to be a little messed up, like some are more transparent then they should be. I don't know why. Pickle might know, but on the other hand he probably doesn't care.

Download this

Extract it to your desktop and then copy just the "baseoa" and "missionpack" directories onto your SD card to the /pandora/appdata/quake3 directory. Download this replacement script and also put that in the /pandora/appdata/quake3 directory. Finally, copy the file "/pandora/appdata/quake3/.ioq3/baseq3/q3config.cfg" to "/pandora/appdata/quake3/.ioq3/baseoa/q3config.cfg", otherwise the graphics won't work at all.

Run IOQuake3 as normal through the menu.

Textures seem to be a little messed up, like some are more transparent then they should be. I don't know why. Pickle might know, but on the other hand he probably doesn't care.
I did everything you said, but it ended up not running. It didn't give me an error or anything. I did however edit the file and add +devmap oa_minia (which basically starts a map and enables cheats, I noticed that binding commands to a key works, but not typing them in console.  If I needed to write +devmap oa_minia in a different format, please tell me. :)

Wow, I admire both, TrashyMG's and WizardStan's patience and jastolze's persistence.

Back