Best Custom OS for Pandora in Regards to Gaming?

Ah, I see. So I had it backwards. So, if I move that sh file over to NanoGL version, what would it look like? I assume it would be named runquake3nanogl?

Or would the runioquake3.sh version work for both. As of now, I'm not trying to launch a mod, but start a map with cheats enabled from the sh file.

Edit: runioquake3.sh does nothing for the NanoGL version.

Ok. I'll check it. I don't know how much can be customized on Q3 when modding. If it is just content I think the limits are ram and processing power. Was openarena available as a mod? I always played with the standalone version.

Edit: Sorry for the crappy posting. I was using my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I'll check it. I don't know how much can be customized on Q3 when modding. If it is just content I think the limits are ram and processing power. Was there a version of openar
Nvm, I think I figured it out. I looked inside the PND with PNDTool (for windows) and saw it had another sh file called runquake3.sh (not runioquake3.sh)

I assume this is the one I need to modify.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

@jastolze: I don't think you need to modify the sh file to use a mod. There is a mods option in the menu. Do you have a link to the mod you are trying to run? I can be more helpful if we are doing the same things.

The mod menu doesn't load openarena, where as the SH file does. That's why I go with the SH file. You can also work around the console issue with it.

^ Ok. I'm downloading openarena-0.8.8.zip, is this the one you are using? I'll report back after testing.
Yeah, but like Wizard said, the controls are screwed up. You can't edit them in game. I'm not sure if you can in the cfg file located in appdata though.

I want to know too that it work or not :)

When yes can anyone maybe make a OpenArena PND with that :D
That would be awesome, along with a working console.

Edit: Actually, as long as you have the files, it should be simple. Just edit the SH file inside the PND to +set_fs game baseoa (or whatever the name of the directory is called)

Yeah, but like Wizard said, the controls are screwed up. You can't edit them in game. I'm not sure if you can in the cfg file located in appdata though.
If you copy the config as I mentioned they work pretty well.
The problem I have running OpenArena through Quake3 NanoGL is that it errors out with "Invalid product identification".

I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it. No problem for the regular game, just when trying to load open arena.

If you copy the config as I mentioned they work pretty well.

The problem I have running OpenArena through Quake3 NanoGL is that it errors out with "Invalid product identification".

I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it. No problem for the regular game, just when trying to load open arena.
I did some searching, and it appears we're not the only one getting this error: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20272

I have tested this a little. The issue of "invalid product identification" seems related to the non retail pak0.pak contained in baseoa folder. Replacing this with the one of Q3 fixed it, it's like bringing OA into Q3. Then if you copy the rest of non pak files from baseq3 to baseoa it's possible to load openarena from the mods menu option. You can see the openarena menu with some glitches yet it's possible to play some levels (with tons of glitches, others just crash). Maybe there are some Q3 modders that can invest some hours in making a proper adaptation of the OA content to Q3. Or maybe some talented dev could just port OA to pandora. It's been a very long day, going to bed now.

Edit: Follow WizardStan advice to fix openarena pak0.pak.

130626-095720.png

130626-095802.png

130626-095823.png

130626-095844.png

130626-095905.png

130626-095948.png

Ok, get a legit copy of Quake3, open baseq3/pak0.pk3 in your favourite zip application and extract productid.txt

Similarly open baseoa/pak0.pk3 and add the previously extracted productid.txt. Now you'll still have all the OpenArena assets and ioquake3 will proceed thinking it's the real quake3.

Ok, get a legit copy of Quake3, open baseq3/pak0.pk3 in your favourite zip application and extract productid.txt

Similarly open baseoa/pak0.pk3 and add the previously extracted productid.txt. Now you'll still have all the OpenArena assets and ioquake3 will proceed thinking it's the real quake3.
Did you mean NanoGL? Or does this only work on IOQuake?

It was already working in IOQuake. It didn't work in Quake 3 NanoGL because of that "invalid product ID" bug. Gausen solved it by copying the entire pak0 file overtop of the OpenArena one, but this has the unfortunate effect of losing some of the OpenArena assets which could cause graphical glitches. I remembered that pak files are just zips, you can uncompress them, extract the specific productid.txt file it is looking for, and stick it into the OpenArena pak0 file without losing any of the assets. Everything works perfectly now in Quake 3 NanoGL, and the graphics look much better.

Yeah, I the problem with Gausens idea is it doesn't show the new three weapons introduced into OpenArena. I still use his trick, but it would be nice to see the Proximity Launcher, Chaingun, and Nailgun...

You aren't paying attention. I explained how to fix it so that you get to keep the OpenArena assets.

I might make a compatibility list for Quake 3 and how well mods work on the Pandora. I've already tested a couple of them.

Wizard, you mentioned copying over the config file for mods. I did that, but it doesn't read it. On the SH file, I even tried the +exec Q3CONFIG.cfg and it still did nothing. The mods work (well. some do) but I can't even move the cursor to change the controls in game...

Do I need to name the cfg file something else? Thanks!

Back