Best Custom OS for Pandora in Regards to Gaming?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I tried getting Urban Terror mod going a while ago.. I could get the mod to launch.. the menu and music ran all fine, but when getting into the actual gameplay it failed..

I believe I manually mounted the PND.. went into the /mnt/utmp/quake3 directory and then ran the binary directly, I don't quite remember how much fooling around I did beyond that..

In *nix languages we have shell scripts.. .sh files. like batch files... there are plenty of information on the internet to make those..

Could this magical SH file possibly run Quake 3 mods? Maybe it was an in game error or something. Well, a pickel launcher would be just as effective right?

Perhaps if setup properly.. it's possible to make a script that could mount the pnd.. run the command to launch the quake 3 mod..  I'm sure the pickle launcher could do the same thing.. but like everything someone will need to set it up.

Perhaps if setup properly.. it's possible to make a script that could mount the pnd.. run the command to launch the quake 3 mod..  I'm sure the pickle launcher could do the same thing.. but like everything someone will need to set it up.
But the big question is: Will the fact that console inside quake 3 not working affect the use of an sh file? Oh and can you list what you typed in the sh file? I went to that link you posted, but I kinda need something more specific. I saw their are like thousands of shell commands, and am not sure where to start...

It shouldn't as the shell script just launches the mod with a command line argument.. I didn't use a shell script the time I played with it. I ran the quake3 binary directly from the terminal.. a shell script can be used to automate this.. 

Here is a psuedo shell script.. but generally on how to do this..

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Put PND mount command here....
cd /mnt/utmp/quake3
quake3_command +command_to_start_mod
The only think I can think of that may screw up is that it may not find the appdata directory where the data files are.. I forgot how I worked around that.. it's been a couple years.

Oh hey I got the Slackware OS to work, but it needs a password, and it keeps saying it's incorrect... What's the default pass?

Oh hey I got the Slackware OS to work, but it needs a password, and it keeps saying it's incorrect... What's the default pass?
I thought during first run it prompts you to create a root password and then create a new general user account and password. It should be what you set on this step..

I thought during first run it prompts you to create a root password and then create a new general user account and password. It should be what you set on this step..
Nope. Maybe it had something to do with it being a windows installer? Is there a way I can reset it?

Is there a way I can disable password permission? I'm so close to being able to run Q3

Here is a Wonderfull Howto for Slackware how to Compile Software/make a TGZ for all and installing it ^_^

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9797-slackware-for-pandora-140/page-33#entry241055

Dont forget to never compile Software under Fat32 or NTFS. ;)
Thanks, but by any chance could there have been a bug in the root password thing? I noticed my ROOT folder on the card is the only one I can't access and has a big X over the folder. Could this folder contain the password information?

Try in a Terminal

gksu thunar

then can you access with Thunar in all Directories

or better with more Permissions

Code:
su -
then Type the Password
thunar

Try in a Terminal

gksu thunar

then can you access with Thunar in all Directories

or better with more Permissions

su -
then Type the Password
thunar
No, I need a password to get past that step. What I'm saying is: I don't know the password. It never asked me to create one. What could have gone wrong?

EDIT: NVM, with a bit of guessing, I figured out the password: It's pandora (case sensitive)

ahh i see,you use my Image and i dont sayed you the Password,sorry.

simply type as Password for all:

pandora

Sorry to forget write you such important Thing ;)

Back