Quake 1 & 3 Pandora Questions

jastolze

Hi. I just downloaded zquake, the Quake 1 Port by Pickle, but I'm not quite sure if it supports mods, like Killer Quake Pack, Quake 1 Arena, or other Frikbot mods. If it does, could you be kind enough to explain how to get it to work? I tried the -game command, but it still asks me to select the pak files, instead of taking me to the game itself. I do happen to have the full version, so I know that's not a problem. Also, for quake 3, I wanted to know why the console doesn't allow custom commands, like devmap. I tried binding it to the "g" button on the keyboard, and it restarted the map, but when I tried binding "h" to /give all, it said unknown cmd. I get an error tty command or something like that... I looked that specific error up, and it said that setting ttycon to "1" would enable commands, but haven't tried it yet. Also, it could be a port error or something. Please, if you have any info, it would be appreciated.
P.S: How do you get OpenArena to work? It wouldn't let me select it from the mod menu???

-Jastolze

Maybe PM pickle and pass him the url of this thread, to get his attention.

Whethor mods are supported or not, and to what degree, depends on a few things, but I very much forget. I seem to recall q1 uses quake-c and so mods should work, but I'm not an expert on Quake :)

jeff

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I didn't want to have to re-open another one since the questions are almost the same.
My question is to Pickle, or anyone who helped port Quake 3 to the Pandora: When I attempt to type in a console command, or choose a mod from the mod menu, it says "quake 3 stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed" Not sure exactly what that means, but I've read that it's a known lixux issue. I did look up something in the source code, in unix_main.c it states the following:

00480 Com_Printf("stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed\n");
00481 Cvar_Set("ttycon", "0");
00482 ttycon_on = qfalse;
00483 return;

If you wanted to see the whole thing, look here: http://www.nanobit.net/doxy/quake3/unix__main_8c-source.html
It starts on line 480.

If someone could tell me if this is fixable, it would be appreciated! :)

Back