Best Custom OS for Pandora in Regards to Gaming?

I've attached the pndrun_quake3.out file. Maybe that will explain why it's giving me this error.

Edit: Nvm. i'll just copy and paste it instead:

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/BA63-86A7/pandora/desktop/IOquake3.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/BA63-86A7/pandora/appdata/quake3
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runioquake3.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
mkdir: cannot create directory '/mnt/pnd/quake3': File exists
Found a loop (/dev/loop0), using it
WARNING /dev/loop0 already mounted on /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 skipping losetup - putting link to old mount
ln: target '/mnt/utmp/quake3' is not a directory
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/BA63-86A7/pandora/appdata/quake3=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/quake3=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/quake3"
mount: mount point /mnt/utmp/quake3 does not exist
WARNING : mount faild, re-tring
mount: mount point /mnt/utmp/quake3 does not exist
ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [45833]:12 (/media/BA63-86A7/pandora/desktop/IOquake3.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 type squashfs (ro)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 type aufs (rw,noplink,dirs=/media/BA63-86A7/pandora/appdata/ioquake3=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/ioquake3=rr)
ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [45833]:12 (/media/BA63-86A7/pandora/desktop/IOquake3.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 type squashfs (ro)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/ioquake3 type aufs (rw,noplink,dirs=/media/BA63-86A7/pandora/appdata/ioquake3=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/ioquake3=rr)
[ FAILED]--- Mount the PND ----------
Return code is : 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Close all your PNDs, reboot the Pandora, then cleanup leftover junk:

Code:
sudo rm -r /mnt/pnd/*
sudo rm -r /mnt/utmp/*

Nope. Did that, but it still does not open. Oddly enough, NanoGL version opens, but not IOQuake

Could it be that I'm on Slackware's OS? There's something (probably obvious) right under my nose that I'm missing :/

Can't thank you enough guys for putting up with me :p

Seems typical for me the IOQuake version never launches for me even on the regular OS, I just always use NanoGL version.

Well, before I had the sh file placed in the q3 folder, it would run. So, it tells me that something isn't right or is out of place with the sh file.

The problem with NanoGL is you can see through walls and some graphics are messed up :/

Why are you still on slackware?

I've had issues running most pnds on SL4P.

Better to just use them in the default OS.

Why are you still on slackware?

I've had issues running most pnds on SL4P.

Better to just use them in the default OS.
Do you think it would make that much of a difference? If so, I'll try to go back to the orginal OS.

Seems typical for me the IOQuake version never launches for me even on the regular OS, I just always use NanoGL version.
The NanoGL version runs better than the IOQuake3 version, but it only seems to work with the regular game. When I throw mods at it it complains about invalid product ID or something.

The NanoGL version runs better than the IOQuake3 version, but it only seems to work with the regular game. When I throw mods at it it complains about invalid product ID or something.
I got it working (Finally) and I had to boot the original Pandora OS! Yay! Thanks all for your help :D

I got it working (Finally) and I had to boot the original Pandora OS! Yay! Thanks all for your help :D
And got you Mods working?

That is for me interesting.

Are the Quake 3 Mods free and can i load them without having the Original Game?

Most mods require the original assets. I believe OpenArena is a fully open replacement and doesn't require the original game but I'm not sure whether that will matter to our version of IOQuake: it may have been written to try loading the original assets anyway even if it doesn't exist.

And got you Mods working?

That is for me interesting.

Are the Quake 3 Mods free and can i load them without having the Original Game?
I think some games that are standalone don't require the files. (At least some mods from Q1 didn't)

It's also a bit weird that before I used the SH file to boot the game, it didn't have any graphic problems. Now, it's doing what NanoGL does: Which is you can see through walls and it's hard to decipher a wall from thin air

For me the nanoGL version renders correctly and those exact same issues you describe happen when launching from the other icon. Which pandora version do you have? In my 1GHz I have graphic issues using the default driver. Using this pnd for installing the 4.03.00.02 version fixed the problems.

For me the nanoGL version renders correctly and those exact same issues you describe happen when launching from the other icon.
That is exactly my experience: IOQuake3 can load mods but walls are weirdly invisible (even in the basic game) while nanogl was perfect but couldn't load any mods.

OpenArena was the one that jastolze has been trying to use, check the pnd output file to see where it fails. I didn't mean to suggest that it couldn't use any mod, just that it seems to have some weird restrictions going on with some of them that I didn't want to spend any effort fixing.

Back