Beta Appstore Testing (Again)

craigix said:
It is but the appstore isn't, that would make no sense, it would take up the whole LCD when browsing the app.
So basically, I have to shrink my screenshot to fit your limit ?
If so, I hope that the one that will upload my pnd to the app store will have fun...
(It's already a pain to upload to your app-store, this make a no go for me)
EDIT: it's not like limiting the display size of an image is hard in html....

craigix said:
And your 'bad'? That makes no sense in English, it would be 'my fault'. (Not that you made any mistake with the fact of 800*480).
I know my english isn't good enough. but hey, this is not my native language :p

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
craigix said:
And your 'bad'? That makes no sense in English, it would be 'my fault'. (Not that you made any mistake with the fact of 800*480).
I know my english isn't good enough. but hey, this is not my native language :p

Don't worry, that's actually become a common term here in the US, although I hate to admit it. -_- Worse still, some people are even shortening that to "my b". :(

-God Ginrai

Umm... even in Britain "my bad" has been slang for at least 10 years. That is, by all the British people that watch too much American Television :\

craigix said:
The file size thing is something to do with some browsers, which browser are you using?

And as for the screen shot... there is no reason why a 400*240 screen shot should be above 50k.
I've tried with midori and firefox and neither get passed the empty .inf error message.

hdonk said:
craigix said:
The file size thing is something to do with some browsers, which browser are you using?

And as for the screen shot... there is no reason why a 400*240 screen shot should be above 50k.
I've tried with midori and firefox and neither get passed the empty .inf error message.
Bumpity bump.

Still getting the issue with the filename not being long enough - nothing appearing before the .inf.
I have now tried IE, firefox (both x86 & Pandora) and Arora.

I'm guessing this hasn't been mentioned before -- I did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic

There's a problem going to apps.pandora.org directly -- the files are all in an apps subdirectory but it's not all quite ported over right. I'm thinking the web server should be serving from the apps subdirectory. I know the pandorawiki links to apps.openpandora.org like that. Some of the links are 404s until you click on the Open Pandora logo to put you in the right place (/apps)

Another thing, the Showing Pandora button -> the title changes back to the old appstore name. The Top Rated, Most Popular, and New Apps buttons don't seem to work, although I could be mistaken.

wanted to add the following comment to the quake2 pnd:

Code:
if game is TOO DARK: make an autoexec.cfg in your /baseq2 folder and insert 2 lines: set gl_modulate "3.0" set intensity "2.0"

I always get the 'ERROR1!!' - Message and Craigs furry head. What's the problem?

Robotron therapy as needed said:
There's a problem going to apps.pandora.org directly -- the files are all in an apps subdirectory but it's not all quite ported over right. I'm thinking the web server should be serving from the apps subdirectory. I know the pandorawiki links to apps.openpandora.org like that. Some of the links are 404s until you click on the Open Pandora logo to put you in the right place (/apps)
Yes, this sounds like some missing "automatic redirect" in the apache config (.htaccess) that craig has to add. So that you are automatically redirected to http://apps.openpandora.org/apps/main.shtml when going to http://apps.openpandora.org/ in your browser. Yes, I have also observed this issues for a while already and craig really should look into it.

In general the "appstore" thingie has many issues for me personally. It is barely possible to really use it on a normal desktop machine due to the "limited" interface. There are not many categories and all that stuff. It is not really clearly laid out in my opinion. Stuff like "sort by XYZ" is missing to make it really usable with the amount of entries eg in the games area.

I think the date next to an application in the list of applications should be the last updated date and not the first one.
Would make it much easier to see if you had the latest or not without going into the application description.

centus said:
I think the date next to an application in the list of applications should be the last updated date and not the first one.
Would make it much easier to see if you had the latest or not without going into the application description.

It's going to be in 2.0.

craigix said:
It's going to be in 2.0.

Not sure but I think there is some errant HTML just after where GPLv3 text is output (for example Pingus) - this means all the description can be clicked unlike when no GPL link is displayed.

Craig, how do I get upload permission? I would like to upload my fractal generator to the apps store, we seem to be thin on Graphics oriented applications... ;)
I already requested upload permission, but didn't get a response (it's been a while).

Thanks.

centus said:
Craig, how do I get upload permission? I would like to upload my fractal generator to the apps store, we seem to be thin on Graphics oriented applications... ;)
I already requested upload permission, but didn't get a response (it's been a while).

Thanks.

It's done.

foxblock said:
I like the new apps/programs overview page, much nicer than before :) just sayin'

foxblock out

hmmm i dunno it almost feels abit squashed... craig i dont suppose there will be any revisions in the presentation of the app store at all?
I know the main focus at the moment is simple easy to use but it could do with a better theme it needs to be eye candy :) do u plan on making it theme-able?

Hmm... just realized there is no suitable category for a graphics application, you only have Office, Internet and Media Players under Applications, this doesn't make sense, there should be a Graphics and Music sub-category at least for any number of applications which don't fit any of the others, or did you mean for anything else to be under Other->other?

Back