Beta Appstore Testing (Again)

these PND files come without any readme or documentation? :blink:
BAD idea guys, really BAD idea. I expect included instructions into the PNDs, AFAIK pxml has settings for this.

they load into the documentation menu when loaded... things like dosbox does for me...

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'll mention it anyway - once a comment is submitted the URL reverts to icontrolpad.com. It wouldn't be an issue except that icontrolpad.com is blocked at work, and openpandora.org isn't. Kinda freaked out when I hit Submit, and the screen shouted ACCESS DENIED at me.

Gruso said:
I'm sure it's been mentioned but I'll mention it anyway - once a comment is submitted the URL reverts to icontrolpad.com. It wouldn't be an issue except that icontrolpad.com is blocked at work, and openpandora.org isn't. Kinda freaked out when I hit Submit, and the screen shouted ACCESS DENIED at me.

You know, you should not browsing the site-formerly-known-as-the-appstore at work anyway :p

But seriously, that should be fixed.

Also PokeParadox should finally get upload rights to be able to update PandoraPanic (if he hasn't already).

foxblock out

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if this has been mentioned. Maybe the file size should be specified in the headers of the download script... While downloading the filesize is unknown.

So I just tried uploading Freedink and got the error: "File name is too short. It needs to be at least 8 chars inc the extension"
Of course, the filename is freedink.pnd and the screenshot is freedink.png, so both 8 characters PLUS 3 for for extension, so don't know why it's no being accepted. 8 characters seems a little arbitrary though, doesn't it? And if it is necessary, can the 8 character check be made before it accepts the upload? Waiting 20 minutes for a file to complete only to be told the filename is too short seems kind of wrong to me

As a result of my f*ckup, I uploaded an invalid pnd file. However the store has no way of taking the app out of commission until the new version is approved. Can we have that as a new feature please?

hdonk said:
As a result of my f*ckup, I uploaded an invalid pnd file. However the store has no way of taking the app out of commission until the new version is approved. Can we have that as a new feature please?

It does.

Just add the text 'this app is dead' to the description. You can bring it back to life by just removing the text.

I've just added 'this app is suspended' too, if you just want to pause the app.

We added an awesome new feature:

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Game/PPanic.inf

It should be noted this feature will appear on the edit page. You will be able to change it per app ONCE. It's like a ROM.

If you need to change it again after that a mod will have to do it. This is to protect your account if someone gains access - they won't be able to redirect your paypal donations.

craigix said:
hdonk said:

It does.

Just add the text 'this app is dead' to the description. You can bring it back to life by just removing the text.

Useful! Except now I can't tell if the new version has been approved to know when to re-enable it!!

hdonk said:
craigix said:
hdonk said:

It does.

Useful! Except now I can't tell if the new version has been approved to know when to re-enable it!!

It is.

craigix said:
Excellent thanks. I was thrown off by the donwload link referring to the old .pnd filename.

hdonk said:
craigix said:
Excellent thanks. I was thrown off by the donwload link referring to the old .pnd filename.

Yeah it's something I'll fix today, it should just say the app name there.

Edit: I've fixed it.

Hi Craig,

New problem trying to upload an updated firefox:

.inf is the file nameContent-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 File name is too short. It needs to be at least 8 chars inc the extension.

Tried it with both .pnd & .pnd.zip

Sorry to be a pain!

hdonk said:
Hi Craig,

.inf is the file nameContent-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 File name is too short. It needs to be at least 8 chars inc the extension.

Sorry to be a pain!
Bump -> Still happening, so no updated Firefox on the AppStore.

hdonk said:
hdonk said:
Hi Craig,

Sorry to be a pain!
Bump -> Still happening, so no updated Firefox on the AppStore.

And please please change your screenshot size limit. A screenshot taken from the pandora is 200k which is 4 times the 50k limit.... Or at least make the screenshot optional....
(that's the reason why I uploaded only one pnd there to date...)

The file size thing is something to do with some browsers, which browser are you using?

And as for the screen shot... there is no reason why a 400*240 screen shot should be above 50k.

craigix said:
The file size thing is something to do with some browsers, which browser are you using?

And as for the screen shot... there is no reason why a 400*240 screen shot should be above 50k.
Hoo, I thought that the pandora resolution was 800*480... my bad

sebt3 said:
craigix said:

Hoo, I thought that the pandora resolution was 800*480... my bad

It is but the appstore isn't, that would make no sense, it would take up the whole LCD when browsing the app.

And your 'bad'? That makes no sense in English, it would be 'my fault'. (Not that you made any mistake with the fact of 800*480).

Back