Action button labels: poll 3 (final poll?)

Which of these options are acceptable to you?

• Total voters

I would love to have the SEGA 6 buttons layout, but I'm with Ed about the buttons size. I also own a Vita, and I also find uncomfortable the size of the buttons. Maybe they are fine for small hands, but mine are not. Also I do not like other "weird" 6 button layouts. For me it's 6 button "SEGA style", or 4 buttons "Pandora style".

I think labels for Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/Ins?/Del? are needed, either in text or as a symbol. Same with the shoulder buttons: if they're Shift/Ctrl/Alt/AltGr, it should say so on the button itself. Of course that requires the labels to be printed, not engraved. The action buttons could be part of the keymat and get backlight too.

It's not a good idea to force people to "just know" what a button does. The 4+2 "unlabeled" keyboard keys on the Pandora are like a hidden easter egg, it takes some people months before they know about it. This is not good. Let's not make it worse by having 6+4 "unlabeled" keyboard keys on the Pyra.
Should be said on a software guide. I don't really want those on my face buttons.
It could be silk-screened or etched on the case above or below the button though,  like they do on TV remotes.

- Neelix

The more I look at this layout I just posted here the less I want it up.

Nevermind :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back