A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone,

As you know we emailed all our remaining preorder customers recently.

This was a big job and we are still behind in emails replies, we know this, please don't send multiple emails with the same content, this just makes it worse, also sending random abuse achieves nothing.

Be aware that none of us are paid and we don't even take expenses anymore. We all have other jobs now and this is being done simply to try to clear the orders rather than just declaring defeat after what CirucitCo did.

The good news is almost 150 of you have so far requested to upgrade to the 1Ghz. This is fantastic and I and Ed are processing these orders now, you will get an email about this soon if you have not already, we can ship 400 1Ghz units before Christmas so upgrading is a desirable move right now.

After we have processed these orders there will be a push on 1Ghz units for Christmas sales. We hope these will fund shipping more preorders and give us a viable route to clearing the queue.

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.

I am desperately trying to catch up with my emails and PMs this week, please be patient.

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't sound too bad.

Since you had to revisit preorder lists recently to send everyone an email, you should know how many mails you sent. So I'll ask the most common question people ask on these boards again:

What is the current estimate of preorders you have currently left?

Great update, thanks.

One wee question that I don't think I've seen answered... Are the previous 1gig orders shipping too? And are there plans for sending any 600Mhz units soon.

Thanks for all the hard work. :)

Updated original post about current 1Ghz orders.

We don't like to give numbers on outstanding units because the numbers jump about due to returns, LCD cable faults, PCB failures etc.

The LCD cable/PCB failures were about 200 in the last 10 months which didn't do wonders for the list... however we suspect we're past the worst of that now.

Once this upgrade process is complete we will give a more recent number.

Are you sure the PCB really failed?

Out of about 2300 orders shipped (about 600 of those were CC ones), I only got about 15 broken PCBs back.

Or were those 200 mostly broken LCD Cables?

But in this case, these units could be repaired (or refunded and sold as classic units).

Are you sure the PCB really failed?

Out of about 2300 orders shipped (about 600 of those were CC ones), I only got about 15 broken PCBs back.

Or were those 200 mostly broken LCD Cables?

But in this case, these units could be repaired (or refunded and sold as classic units).

Well, you have a box of those PCBS, and I have more boxes of them to send you.

You have posted before about it and know it's probably due to the way CC stored them.

You and I have had lengthy conversations about this.

Ah, okay. I thought those were the boards that didn't work from the very beginning?

I didn't know they once worked and had been returned.

Hmm... about 800 of those PCBs were affected by oxidation, not more.

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.

I thought they were supposed to start shipping at the beginning of this month, what happened?

What happens to us suckers who supported you from the off - Now dissillusioned and wanting a refund (3 months ago and still playing email ping-pong - with excuse after excuse) ?

Receiving my Pandora before the end of the year would most certainly make my holiday season.

^_^

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Will you be refunding preorders this month as well Craig? It's been a while without updates on this front. Thank you. If you want to avoid unnecessary emails, then communication is the key here.

I just want to confirm about next week means 4th week of this month or 5th(last) week of this month?

also I'll translate and post this on one of Japanese Pandora board coz. they want information. ;)

how many emails did you send out regarding the super pandora 2.0 upgrade recently? a rough estimate would be fine. i dont care how many outstanding preorders are there for any of the pandoras, 600mhz, 256mb, 1ghz, 512mb, or even the super pandora. im just asking for as estimate on how many emails you sent out for the super pandora 2.0 upgrade

Since you had to revisit preorder lists recently to send everyone an email, you should know how many mails you sent. So I'll ask the most common question people ask on these boards again:

What is the current estimate of preorders you have currently left?

I'm interested in this answer too. Can you answer it please?

Good news. However, you let me know in an e-mail that I was within the next 100 preorders to be filled, and I still have an outstanding address change request. I'd hate for my Pandora to be sent to the wrong address! I imagine this is just a matter of backlog though, so as long as that's gone through before my Pandora ships, I should be okay. :)

Will you be refunding preorders this month as well Craig? It's been a while without updates on this front. Thank you. If you want to avoid unnecessary emails, then communication is the key here.

An update on refunds would be helpful. Even just letting us know what exactly the plan is would go a long way.

Hello everyone,

As you know we emailed all our remaining preorder customers recently.

Thanks,

Craig

So i asume this included EvilDragons customers?

Because i ordered from the gp2x shop when it was still active and i haven´t got an email.

I´d really appreciate clarification on this.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back