A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

As you know we emailed all our remaining preorder customers recently.

Thanks,

Craig

So i asume this included EvilDragons customers?

Because i ordered from the gp2x shop when it was still active and i haven´t got an email.

I´d really appreciate clarification on this.

regards,

I'm pretty sure this was Craig's queue, not Eds based on what I recall from the original thread.

dooble

-- but I could be wrong

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Craig

So i asume this included EvilDragons customers?

Because i ordered from the gp2x shop when it was still active and i haven´t got an email.

I´d really appreciate clarification on this.

regards,

Nope, I didn't send a new email.

I already sent an eMail two or three months to all my customers giving them a status update and telling them how to upgrade.

You should've gotten one as well back then (the upgrade offer is still valid).

Some sort of update on those with outstanding refund requests would be fantastic.

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.

I thought they were supposed to start shipping at the beginning of this month, what happened?

GC are only just testing them now. Actually maybe they are ready, I need an update from Ed. I am not in charge of production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once we have completed these upgrades then we will be moving on to refunds and new orders.

At that point we will give a general status update.

Which means what? Those of us waiting on refunds won't be seeing them till the new year? Glad I cancelled my preorder so I could money to try and scrape by through the holidays. Pft.

Which means what? Those of us waiting on refunds won't be seeing them till the new year? Glad I cancelled my preorder so I could money to try and scrape by through the holidays. Pft.

And what exactly should craig do about this? The money was used to buy the parts for the pandoras. Which were destroyed by the company which putted the Socs on the Mainboards. Craig is selling the 1GHZ Pandoras (and I think I read money he earned from the ICP sales) for the refunds and to deliver the Pandoras Circuit Co destroyed.

Hello everyone,

Um, I never received an email and I am a pre-order customer. What needs to be done to fix this?

And no, my email has not changed and my address has not changed either.

Thanks.

WARNING! Incoming rant!

We don't like to give numbers on outstanding units because the numbers jump about due to returns, LCD cable faults, PCB failures etc.

Craig, this is another instance where you are giving us the impression that you are somewhat disconnected from reality. From what I have seen of this forum, we're pretty much all adults here. We undersand that the very very nature of a queue is that it changes all the time. You're not being asked for a static answer that will be definitive for all time, we just want to know where we stand right now. Look, I'll even do half the work for you:

• Number of preorder customers contacted in this e-mail effort: _____________
  • Less refunds requested since then: <_____________>
  • Less "Super Panodra" upgrades: <__150________>
  • Less RMAs since then: <_________>
  • Current number of outstanding preorders: (_____________)
  • Estimated next date of "Super Panodra" shipment to customers: ___/___/___
  • Estimated next date of "Classic Preorder" shipment to customers: ___/___/___
  • Next order number to be shipped: __________

This isn't exactly calculus, you know.

[Rant deleted] Eh, I have better things to do than get banned from here for baiting Craig into yet another flamewar. Just add my voice to the "tell us where we stand" chorus, not that it's likely to receive an answer.

Is there any word from GC on TV-Out production?

Yes, I've been working the last two weeks on that with them.

It's not as easy actually, normally you have a MOQ of about 10,000 for such special cables, so we need to find ways work around this.

All puzzle pieces are coming together right now, so it's looking good.

The number 1 thing that Companies, employers and basically everyone are crap at is communication!

Every time at work there is a problem due to lack of communication/information it would always have been much better to be completely honest!

....and this is more so with the Pandora - with this community it is a given to be completely open but still it is not very good - silly excuses and comments are not necessary.

We are all adults or at least mature enough to spend large amounts of money on a niche device so come on let's start to be 100% open.

Anyway, when can we buy an ICP 2?

Desperate for that product - god Craig's makes some very good stuff and hope both he and ED end up very rich over the coming years and continue with these great products.

I've got units back in stock since last week Monday.

So have you shipped any to me?

EDs shop normally ships 2-3 after payment. The last word specifies the transaction of a sufficient amount of money from your bankaccount to his. He has stated before that he wont give you more units without that happening.

...and btw. your justification for not giving out numbers about remaining preorders is just hilarious given that we're probably dealing in terms of hundreds here. And if it's less people would probably rejoice to hear!

WARNING! Incoming rant!

We don't like to give numbers on outstanding units because the numbers jump about due to returns, LCD cable faults, PCB failures etc.

Craig, this is another instance where you are giving us the impression that you are somewhat disconnected from reality. From what I have seen of this forum, we're pretty much all adults here. We undersand that the very very nature of a queue is that it changes all the time. You're not being asked for a static answer that will be definitive for all time, we just want to know where we stand right now. Look, I'll even do half the work for you:

• Number of preorder customers contacted in this e-mail effort: _____________
  • Less refunds requested since then: <_____________>
  • Less "Super Panodra" upgrades: <__150________>
  • Less RMAs since then: <_________>
  • Current number of outstanding preorders: (_____________)
  • Estimated next date of "Super Panodra" shipment to customers: ___/___/___
  • Estimated next date of "Classic Preorder" shipment to customers: ___/___/___
  • Next order number to be shipped: __________

This isn't exactly calculus, you know.

[Rant deleted] Eh, I have better things to do than get banned from here for baiting Craig into yet another flamewar. Just add my voice to the "tell us where we stand" chorus, not that it's likely to receive an answer.

I'm not too sure if we really want to know how many original pre orders are left.

Seeing as the money is gone, and that of the upgrades too, and that of the 1GhZ upgrades too, it's a pretty big hole that needs to be filled with cash that has to magically appear from somehwere. And the units ED sent Craig for free for the original pre orders he sold to others and that money is gone too. Not only is there no money, there are a crapload of refunds waiting for their money and getting more and more vocal.

Think about what number would give you peace of mind. I think ED is down to 150 or so and has been pretty good at consistently trying to send units to his queue. Unlike Craig who I believe has sent exactly none to an original pre order for maybe even as much as a year. Or 9 months or whatever. Craig's queue also was about 3x the size of ED's queue.

Does he have 1500 orders left in his batch 1&2 original queue? 1000? 500?

I seriously hope it's not more then my highest number but respectively the money he needs to find to fill those in short term are:

1500*335 = $ 502.500,-

1000*335= $ 335,000,-

500*335= $ 167.500,-

The $335,- number is a guestimate of what I think Craig has to pay ED for a unit so feel free to correct that number, or any number for that matter.

If Craig says his queue is somewhere around the 1500 mark, anyone in his right mind should scramble for a refund immediately. if it's 1000 pretty much the same as it'll take him years to cover that. We'll be looking at mail after mail trying to get us to pay the price of the unit again for a Pandora 2, 3, 3xl etc etc.

Even if it's 'just' 500, where should het get that kind of money in a reasonable timeframe?

So I say ignorance is probably bliss, and I wouldn't be surprised if Craig doesn't want to know himself so he can get some sleep at night.

That's the sort of maths I was thinking about in my head when I received the upgrade e-mail. Those numbers frightened the **** out of me and I'm not the one having to deal with the actual financials!

So I decided to try and upgrade. By upgrading I figured that I would hopefully stand a higher chance of getting my unit than losing my money. Plus it helps the overall situation.

So I say ignorance is probably bliss, and I wouldn't be surprised if Craig doesn't want to know himself so he can get some sleep at night.

You know that a ltd and a person is something different. In German law, you have to put some money aside when you create a ltd. If you go bankrupt, only this money is used to pay your debts. Nothing more, not your personal money. So I wouldn't worry to much, if I were an egoistic guy. I would just worry if I wanted to deliver the product I promised and make the community happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back