A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the preorders, I feel really sorry for the 150 or so 1ghz orders who paid a lot of money months ago for something they still do not have.

The problem now is it is unlikely that people would pay in advance like this again at least not in any real numbers.

This sounds bad but they have been used to..........

I cannot finish the sentence but this is the one thing I am disgusted with especially as I nearly parted with the close to £700 myself.

...and if they had waited then they could have bought a unit from ED now for delivery in a few days.

There do seem to have been some highly backhanded techniques employed to stay afloat in liquidity (mixed metaphors?) However, I'm not sure if there are/were better alternatives...

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the preorders, I feel really sorry for the 150 or so 1ghz orders who paid a lot of money months ago for something they still do not have.

The problem now is it is unlikely that people would pay in advance like this again at least not in any real numbers.

I cannot finish the sentence but this is the one thing I am disgusted with especially as I nearly parted with the close to £700 myself.

...and if they had waited then they could have bought a unit from ED now for delivery in a few days.
Thanks

If Craig didn't use our money and send it to ED , I already have 1GHz unit from the first 150.

But still not ....

Hopefully my unit will be ship within 2weeks as he wrote.

and what about real pre-orders? maybe they should go to a FIFO system as was initially set up.

As one of those 150 1 ghz upgraders I am very disappointed by what happend. I bought the sales pitch and parted with more cash and every upboxing video brought more anticipation only to be crushed with a broken promise. It would not have been so bad if there was ONE email sent out explaining the delay or any attempt and setting it right sooner. It just seems to get swept under the rug and if anyone gets fed up and posts anything negative they get bashed, or their order number is asked for or it is brought up that maybe said person would prefer the whole thing go bankrupt and everyone lose etc. I choose the option of a little communication goes a long way to smooth things out since I do understand that things happen. To see a kickstarter for new products on top of it was the last straw for me. How many questions are asked on these boards that Craig will not answer but the kickstarter got a lot of attention. That for me was the biggest kick in the behind. I tried to help by sending more cash and helping the queue go down and now I have nothing to show for it still. Maybe there would not have been so many refunds if things were handled a bit differently. I still want my unit and still believe in the project overall and as much as I wanted to help the new kickstarter I could not bring myself to do so mainly because I feel burned on the Pandor thus far. I am sure once I get my unit it will go a long way to fixing my current soured attitude. I do want to thank Evil Dragon for doing all he can to help out and I do appreciate what Craig does I just wish he would take the time to treat people as customers and not adversaries as often as he does.

As one of those 150 1 ghz upgraders I am very disappointed by what happend. I bought the sales pitch and parted with more cash and every upboxing video brought more anticipation only to be crushed with a broken promise. It would not have been so bad if there was ONE email sent out explaining the delay or any attempt and setting it right sooner. It just seems to get swept under the rug and if anyone gets fed up and posts anything negative they get bashed, or their order number is asked for or it is brought up that maybe said person would prefer the whole thing go bankrupt and everyone lose etc. I choose the option of a little communication goes a long way to smooth things out since I do understand that things happen. To see a kickstarter for new products on top of it was the last straw for me. How many questions are asked on these boards that Craig will not answer but the kickstarter got a lot of attention. That for me was the biggest kick in the behind. I tried to help by sending more cash and helping the queue go down and now I have nothing to show for it still. Maybe there would not have been so many refunds if things were handled a bit differently. I still want my unit and still believe in the project overall and as much as I wanted to help the new kickstarter I could not bring myself to do so mainly because I feel burned on the Pandor thus far. I am sure once I get my unit it will go a long way to fixing my current soured attitude. I do want to thank Evil Dragon for doing all he can to help out and I do appreciate what Craig does I just wish he would take the time to treat people as customers and not adversaries as often as he does.

You are aware that the IControlpad2 is made by a different company than the Pandora, right? Craig controls companies in both areas, but he can't legally take any of the ICP money to fix the Pandora production problems. Most of what Craig's customers are waiting on is money, having no ICP wouldn't help that at all.

Craig used to answer those sorts of answers and got burned for doing it when things changed. And he got burned for not answering things as soon as he has the information as well.

As far as people being bashed for complaining, I haven't seen any of that here. I've seen people go way out of their way not to unfailry bash naysayers. The people who phrase their complaints in a reasonable way have been treated fairly in all the topics I've seen.

I'm not saying this is ideal, but I'm an October 5th 2008 preorderer and now an upgrader and ultimately it is what it is.

EDIT: Also you're taking some of that stuff way out of context. The order number thing was two specific instances and Craig was completely right in that first case. I can't blame him for cancelling an order to somebody who was openly suggesting return fraud on the website owned by the party that would be defrauded.

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.

So assuming there are ~100 1GHz (test) preorders left, 50 have to ship this week and 50 next week. Are we on track for this?

No. ED has sent 25 and I'd like to think that the remaining original 1ghz orders will be fulfilled from those, but there's no guarantee all of those will be used that way, I guess.

No. ED has sent 25 and I'd like to think that the remaining original 1ghz orders will be fulfilled from those
There are far more than 25 1GHz preorders left. As I stated above I assume about ~100 give or take a few refunds. Craig statement on the first page implies ALL of his 1GHz preorders will be filled in the next 2 weeks!..

That was a thrill - just filled in payment for upgrade to 1ghz / EvilDragons store. It's an exciting time, fingers crossed for positive developments from here!

It's been that long I've since sold my PSP, So I'll have to get a replacement power adapter elsewhere haha.

No. ED has sent 25 and I'd like to think that the remaining original 1ghz orders will be fulfilled from those
There are far more than 25 1GHz preorders left. As I stated above I assume about ~100 give or take a few refunds. Craig statement on the first page implies ALL of his 1GHz preorders will be filled in the next 2 weeks!..

No. He stated that Ghz orders are shipping next week. It could be one, five or 25. He did not mention ALL Ghz orders will be fulfilled. He also mentioned that 'we hope to clear these asap'. I don't know how he shares units between test-run and recent Ghz orders.

Please see post #66, same thread.

Ask ED if he received any money from Craig or not. No money = no Pandora.

No. He stated that Ghz orders are shipping next week. It could be one, five or 25. He did not mention ALL Ghz orders will be fulfilled. He also mentioned that 'we hope to clear these asap.

As I said it implies all because Craig said "remaining". His words not mine!

You are aware that the IControlpad2 is made by a different company than the Pandora, right? Craig controls companies in both areas, but he can't legally take any of the ICP money to fix the Pandora production problems. Most of what Craig's customers are waiting on is money, having no ICP wouldn't help that at all.

Craig used to answer those sorts of answers and got burned for doing it when things changed. And he got burned for not answering things as soon as he has the information as well.

As far as people being bashed for complaining, I haven't seen any of that here. I've seen people go way out of their way not to unfailry bash naysayers. The people who phrase their complaints in a reasonable way have been treated fairly in all the topics I've seen.

I'm not saying this is ideal, but I'm an October 5th 2008 preorderer and now an upgrader and ultimately it is what it is.

EDIT: Also you're taking some of that stuff way out of context. The order number thing was two specific instances and Craig was completely right in that first case. I can't blame him for cancelling an order to somebody who was openly suggesting return fraud on the website owned by the party that would be defrauded.

So I assume this means that Ed has never shipped a pandora where Craig's company paid for any of the parts or manufacturing? Or the other way around? The term "Can't" may be a little strong. undesirably I would believe. There is a lot of stuff I don't understand in the company make ups since they seem to share the same tooling and parts in many places (Ed and Craig), unless their is a 3rd company that owns all that.

Still no acknowledgement of my refund request. Time to email my friends in the UK to sort out "proper" notification my UK law.

doob

I was an original Batch1 preorderer who upgraded with Craig to the 1GHz test run in June, I was order #60 for that. Everything stalled around order #53 or #54 from some time in August. Thanks to the people who donated Ed was able to shift a few out to Craig's queue and i got mine in the middle of October. I've since donated to try and keep things moving for the people behind me in the queue.

I was getting pretty grumpy and pessimistic about the whole thing but I have to say I'm glad I waited. Despite the delays, for me there is nothing comparable on the market. It's a clamshell so no case needed, the battery lasts an outrageously long time in real use, I can RDP to work, play perfect PSX emulations, e-mail, music, video, e-books, every type of game (apart from a good golf game but I'm going to try getting the old DOS PGA golf running under Qemu which should keep me happy!). I've got Code:Blocks running on it (thanks p'titSeb!) for onboard development.

From my experience I would urge people to wait, as hard as that is. There is still a sincere effort being made to clear every pre-order and the Pandora is still uniquely capable (see my signature for the handheld devices I've tried before, this is the first one I've really been happy with since my Psion Series 5...).

Nice, none of the old Playstation golf games any good for you, the old Tiger Woods or Actua Golf series'?

Traded in my batch one to reduce the cost of a 1Ghz Pre-Order and #68 in Craig's queue, still waiting for my unit but i've heard nothing official for a while... I'm really hoping to get my unit soon (as i've been without a Pandora since July) or at least hear some update on craigs 1Ghz pre-order situation. I really dont mind waiting but hearing something would be reassuring. I think all of us still waiting in the 1Ghz pre-order queue should maybe get signed units from craig - just to compensate us for our long wait and higher cost paid.

and what about real pre-orders? maybe they should go to a FIFO system as was initially set up.

Original still waiting pre orders have been waiting about 50 months and paid approx £200 whilst the 1ghz still waiting pre orders have not been waiting that long but parted with over 3 times the amount.

The 1ghz pre orders also generate more money and are probably the only plan that will mean original pre orders get their units.

Utterly crap for everyone but in the context of lose its definitely weighted to the 1ghz guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back