A case of polls!

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Yeah, now I think back I originally had an order with Craig. It gradually became clear that even after Evildragon started reporting the news, I was never going to get anything off Craig. So I was pleased when Evildragon started manufacturing units and by paying a small upgrade to a 1GHz version I could get a better version out of him. I still don't have any idea if any of my original money actually made its way to Evildragon.

Arkay Firestar

Very Active Member
Yeah, now I think back I originally had an order with Craig. It gradually became clear that even after Evildragon started reporting the news, I was never going to get anything off Craig. So I was pleased when Evildragon started manufacturing units and by paying a small upgrade to a 1GHz version I could get a better version out of him. I still don't have any idea if any of my original money actually made its way to Evildragon.
I was a Craig customer. ED was absolutely amazing. I still can’t believe I ended up with a Pandora, and I imagine he absorbed a lot of cost in taking care of folks who didn’t even buy from his shop. It’s the reason I preordered the Pyra. Gratitude for ED, and also I realized I enjoyed the entertainment of the wait and anticipation as much as the final device itself.

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Website
Visit site
I was a GBAX customer who did get his device w/o having to pay a premium. I always felt that I got mine because I kept constant email communication to make sure that I wasn't getting lost in the shuffle.

-God Ginrai

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I was a relatively late orderer through craigix's gbax site, so with people far ahead of me reporting no luck in receiving their units I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get mine in anything like short order. Plus I'd hope that even bothering him with mails over the intervening months and years wouldn't influence him when I'd already paid mutltiple hundreds of pounds for a unit. I've never had to bother ED with mails so he can remember me. He just sends stuff out when you order it and he has stock.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
But the Pyra whit the Dark Chrome 4g Modem is still a bit more expensive than the Pandora whit Premium Upgrade,
I can remember that the Pandora was 350 € at the beginning, but the Pyra is now a bit more than 700 €, so twice the price ^^

PowerGod

Hardcore Member
I can remember that the Pandora was 350 € at the beginning
Then add like 120€ for the Premium.

I also found out that I bought the TV cable from Craig, but I never received it... because maybe they were never made from Craig :oops:

Last edited:

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Shure there where made, i got one, but unfortunaly, Craig was allready out of business when they got made, so you never got one..

I also allready have a TV Cable for the Pyra, as its just a Mini HDMI Port where you only need an Adapter and a HDMI Cable..

Reactions: rSl

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I'm assuming that production is still underway, and slowly building up momentum. Certainly it sounds like a quantity of lids have been constructed so far. Are there any production units almost ready for shipping yet?

Incidentally, I know he's very busy, but I hope ED is ok. Seems like he's not been on the forum for almost a week now , which in itself is probably a good thing, but on the other hand I feel that it's quite unusual.

Reactions: rSl

KickAss

Very Active Member
Then add like 120€ for the Premium.

I also found out that I bought the TV cable from Craig, but I never received it... because maybe they were never made :oops:
i got a tv out cable and i never used it. just in case you are still looking for one and they are out of stock:
i could send you mine...

PowerGod

Hardcore Member
i got a tv out cable and i never used it. just in case you are still looking for one and they are out of stock:
i could send you mine...
I was meaning that maybe Craig never did those, I know that at some point ED made them, but I never got "another" one just because I don't have the need for it, I don't have monitors with composite input and when I need a bigger screen for the Pandora I just connect to it from the PC in some way.

PowerGod

Hardcore Member
I'll add "from Craig" to my previous post, because everyone thinks that I didn't know ED at some point made them.

Robert Taylor

Very Active Member
Looking at the pics of the chrome and black cases, I have to say the chrome is looking better and better.

When I first filled out the survey and chose chrome, I was a not really sure if I chose the right colour as i kind of want the first device to not be flashy. But, as time passes, the chrome is aging really really well. The chrome is just looking more professional and more appealing from a generic consumer electronic device perspective.

I don't fully understand why I like the black case less as time goes on.

Anyone else have the same experience? Maybe in the opposite direction?

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
Yes, I feel the same. I always thought you can never go wrong with black, and chrome can look tacky, especially when it's plastic. However, on the Pyra it looks really nice, and I also think it contrasts well with the black shoulder buttons, nubs, d-pad... Would like to see more pictures / videos though, although I'm 100% sold on the dark chrome version.