1Ghz units resuming shipping next month

We ALL want to get rid of these infamous preorder queues - it's a source of frustration for everyone INCLUDING Craigix and ED.
The joy in the community will feel slightly similar to the situation of an occupied country, where the last foreign soldier left.

Looking forward to an official newspost entitled "Hurray! Last classic preorder was shipped today".

Ok, honestly this is exaggerated, but still I wanted to mention it.

Brings me to another point. Sadly, todays wars are getting more and more remote-controlled and collateral (drone wars), loosing the slightest possibility for humane intervention and refusal. I fear that if a certain point is reached, this genie cannot be bottled anymore. And the F.I.-g0v't will neutralize everyone getting into their way, fully automatised as their economy model already is.

OpenPandora's business model is humane, and as such a counter-culture to this insanity. They care for their users. They may be geographically remote, but are emotionally connected to their community, see themselves as a part of the community themselves. That's the way to go, against alienation and isolation, pro community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, well that kinda sucked for me. I wired over money to ED yesterday for a cross-upgrade. I guess I'll have the comfort of knowing my unit will ship this upcoming week instead of next month, though the money will be dearly missed with sorrow.

We ALL want to get rid of these infamous preorder queues - it's a source of frustration for everyone INCLUDING Craigix and ED.
The joy in the community will feel slightly similar to the situation of an occupied country, where the last foreign soldier left.

Looking forward to an official newspost entitled "Hurray! Last classic preorder was shipped today".

Ok, honestly this is exaggerated, but still I wanted to mention it.

Brings me to another point. Sadly, todays wars are getting more and more remote-controlled and collateral (drone wars), loosing the slightest possibility for humane intervention and refusal. I fear that if a certain point is reached, this genie cannot be bottled anymore. And the F.I.-g0v't will neutralize everyone getting into their way, fully automatised as their economy model already is.

OpenPandora's business model is humane, and as such a counter-culture to this insanity. They care for their users. They may be geographically remote, but are emotionally connected to their community, see themselves as a part of the community themselves. That's the way to go, against alienation and isolation, pro community.

Quoted for posterity.

Quoted for posterity.

Quote from "At the drop of a hat" by Flanders and Swann, 1960 (just after "a song of reproduction"):

MF:

Tonight they are recording this steroeophonically, in fact, for Posterity, So wherever you're sitting now, thats where you'll be on the record, sit up striaght. If any of you feel like rolling in the isles, helpless with mirth, this is a jolly good night to do it! Do you want to say hello to Posterity?

DS:

Hullo!

MF:

Hello Posterity. If we sort of move around a bit, they'll use it for demonstration purposes. It helps, you know, we've had a lot of luck with records...

I do hope you aren't advocating metaphorical maritime robbery with violence!

Nice legal version available here -_-

I do hope you aren't advocating metaphorical maritime robbery with violence!

Hell no! I'm advocating to share our precious cultural heritage using The Pirate Bay

before some idiot publisher tapes over it or neglects to re-issue it, and we lose it forever.

Install adblock plus first, for a better maritime experience!

The departed spirits of Flanders and Swann visited me just now - it's all soul's day after all.

They were happy that we still love them, and asked me to seed for as long as possible.

Now, I'm going off to enjoy "At The Drop of Another Hat", which I have not heard before.

I will listen to it on my Pandora. Hooray!

(My grandfather copied the other shows for us from his LPs, many years ago.)

I also recommend the BBC radio productions of "The Lord of the Rings" (1981) and "The Hobbit",

for download or purchase. I enjoyed these very much as a child, thanks also to my grandpa

who had recorded them carefully from the radio, and made copies for us on tape. :) I love you, papa.

He also shared some of his recordings back to the ABC radio, when they needed them.

If only someone had been able to copy Pete and Dud's pioneering comedy show

"Not only, but also...", before the BBC !@#$%^&* taped over it. :S

Peter Cook was voted the greatest Comedian, so it's a pity they destroyed most of his show.

Only seven of the 22 episodes remain.

I will try to share Norman Shelly's readings of A.A. Milne: "Winnie the Pooh",

"The House at Pooh Corner" and "When We Were Very Young".

These were another highlight of my childhood, thanks again to my papa,

and are not now available. It would be sad to lose them, and his ghost agrees!

Warning: You should not copy and share anything, unless you want to.

as ED stated elsewhere that he'll be getting more Pandora's next week - when and how many can we expect to ship ? enough to clear Craig's 1Ghz special upgrade Q?

Outstanding 1Ghz units will resume shipping from me from next month.

Sorry for the delay, we had some unfortunate large refunds which had to be processed.

We are almost though the worst of that, and can now safely get back to shipping.

Thanks,

Craig

That is good news. Will we be getting some kind of email informing us our 1ghz Pandora has shipped?

Oh right, I was going to prepare a package for sending my current 2nd hand unit in ..

Hopefully clear rest of 1GHz Pre within next 2weeks as you wrote.

BTW what kind of box you'll use for 1GHz Pre? well didn't say same as normal unit isn't it? B)

Back