100% success! (2011-12-24)

Please tell me that It'll be possible to order a spare board. I'm looking forward to have that extra ram but the problem ( if it's one ) is that I already have my pandora...

Comon, N64 emulation 'gonna be smoother with EXTRA ram, am I wrong or?

Thanks, looking forward to a reply.

Merry christmas, and hope to you evilD and all the pandora team happy times with your family, get rest and stay calm for at least 2 days.

Kindful,

JeFF

Fantastic! Well done ED!

I think the doubled RAM is a *good* thing. I'm sure i'll be going for the upgrade, though i'm going to hold on to my Pandora for a while when it get's back from RMA (i miss it so).

Perhaps i'll send it away for the upgrade late next year.

Are there any plans for a more durable case than the ones we have now?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Can't say I'm not jealous, but really, if you have been waiting 3 years for a Pandora, you really deserve to get double the ram!

Edit: At 5:25, it says the DRAM is 384 MB, is some reserved for system stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the pandoras that have the old boards that you are selling also be able to get upgraded too?

wow great news, I'm so happy this Christmas eve!!

congratulations ED i knew u could do it!!

and I cant wait to here about the upgrade program cos I will definitively opt in for that :)

Only one i can really think of that ive used is Wesnoth, i couldnt finish the main campaign cause of crashes.
I noticed this with the 1.9 branch, I guess because of all the new graphics and Animations. The old 1.8 branch didn't crashed for me yet. Maybe it is a memory leak or something like this, 1.9x often crashes for me after a while of playing. I'm sure Wesnoth will greatly benefit from more RAM, same for Firefox & Co. :)
Somewhat off topic.... but play Wesnoth with swap, and all's well (even with the 1.9 branch, for which I've played a lot).

Since I got my obliterated pandora over there, I'll go ahead and take the upgrade.

Edit: At 5:25, it says the DRAM is 384 MB, is some reserved for system stuff?
I noticed that too, but I think they got some memory from another company for this test run, so it is not the "official" memory chips.

Heh, someone spotted it :)

We have the official memory chips already, however, U-Boot hasn't been updated to properly recognize the RAM yet :)

notaz is working on this and added support for the new chip to the TI-Bootloader yet (which runs before U-Boot), but U-Boot also needs an update :)

Will the ram upgrade option be available to all pandora owners or only the ones that bought at your shop?

Oh, and awesome vid :)

Will the ram upgrade option be available to all pandora owners or only the ones that bought at your shop?

To all :)

This totally makes me happy, My case isn't holding together properly at this point (was trying to get the volume wheel to not click against the case) and would be glad to support your endeavors further if I need to pay for an upgrade to my RAM / a new case for my unit.

Offtopic: Any suggestions in getting the longer screws to catch if the holes are stripped out somehow? When I was unscrewing them, this powder substance more or less rained out of the holes. What was holding those screws in in the first place? Locktite?

This totally makes me happy, My case isn't holding together properly at this point (was trying to get the volume wheel to not click against the case) and would be glad to support your endeavors further if I need to pay for an upgrade to my RAM / a new case for my unit.

Offtopic: Any suggestions in getting the longer screws to catch if the holes are stripped out somehow? When I was unscrewing them, this powder substance more or less rained out of the holes. What was holding those screws in in the first place? Locktite?

I think they are just self tappers, so just the plastic.

Really? I wouldn't think the plastic was that weak to fall apart when I unscrew it. =/

Really? I wouldn't think the plastic was that weak to fall apart when I unscrew it. =/

Well, the Pandora's case is too brittle which is the cause of the cracks, and is probably the cause of the plastic falling apart when you unscrew it as well.

We have the official memory chips already, however, U-Boot hasn't been updated to properly recognize the RAM yet :)

notaz is working on this and added support for the new chip to the TI-Bootloader yet (which runs before U-Boot), but U-Boot also needs an update :)
Will it mean two versions of the OS ?

with the 512mb of ram and easy overclocking. along with the dsp probably getting support, i cannot wait until may of next year(my birthday month), if all goes well, i hope i can get it. Going to preorder asap.

Back