WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

No they didn't and I and MW have sent them quite serious emails today.

Ah, good, was just about to send them another daily mail asking for information, but I guess you covered that with those mails already.

Let's hope it will push them!

Sounds like good news. By when may one ask?
I think CC should give some financial compensation to OPT for all the delays they have caused so far.

I hope that the contract between OPT and CC is clear and provides enough assurance for OPT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not followed the BeagleBoard, but have there been similar issues with their boards as well? Wi-Fi issues or just overall lack of efficiency producing boards in general etc...

I've not followed the BeagleBoard, but have there been similar issues with their boards as well? Wi-Fi issues or just overall lack of efficiency producing boards in general etc...

The BeagleBoard is very simple. It doesn't have that many layers and doesn't have WiFi.

The BeagleBoard is very simple. It doesn't have that many layers and doesn't have WiFi.
I guess if you all would have known all the problems the WiFi chip was going to suppose to the project, you haven't included it on the PCB and have added an additional USB port to connect a small WiFi dongle, like the one you intended to send to users when the WiFi chip wasn't still working.

In fact, I would prefer that approach if a Pandora 2 is ever to be released.

I guess if you all would have known all the problems the WiFi chip was going to suppose to the project, you haven't included it on the PCB and have added an additional USB port to connect a small WiFi dongle, like the one you intended to send to users when the WiFi chip wasn't still working.

In fact, I would prefer that approach if a Pandora 2 is ever to be released.

Maybe introduce a limited modular system, with in-set flush edge sections and make certain segments add-on options. That way whether you want the basic package or one with WiFi it's simply a matter of slotting a miniature chip board into a socket and voila. Looks the same either way, easy to replace and doesn't require on-board soldering.

just the socket interface itself.

Such sockets require quite a lot of space, even without the Wifi stuff etc free space is still very rare, and it would make the device even thicker than it already is. Then there's the question whether there would be a need for an easier way to reach those sockets than opening the whole case.

Back