What Do You Think The Pandora Can Do

atomicthumbs said:
run scdaemon, which automatically browses forums and correct's people's spelling with snarky messages
I see that was directed at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the graphic chip demos which I have seen things are going to be really impressive graphics wise. I m still hacking together some ports and some other of my graphic samples so they run on pandora =)
From my point of view, I would say we can get a level close to Halo 3 and CS:S if we respect the screen dimensions.

I m not really an audio whore and everything which doesn't sound noisy is fine to me.

Controls wise I expect much but I still think some buttons are bad (small shoulder buttons, analog placement etc), but I will have to judge later.

The processing power should be awesome, and I expect alot from that - hopefully even more complex physical simulations/games one day

That also tells you what it should be able to do: MANY things which should sound, look and feel impressive while running like a charm.

i would love the pandora to have a web browser running ,have my fav tunes playing in the background,be editing a txt document,have my fav messenger prog running,while i browse through some games.

once i choose and play a game ,i would like to drop back to the gui
and all my stuff is still running,and my music would have been playing throughout the whole time,perhaps even running some online radio
in the background.

i like my multitasking ,and dont want to have to do this multitasking
within a linux distro for pandora - i want it in the standard gui,we dont all like linux,so i hope the multitask stuff doesnt get pushed to the side
just becase linux can run and linux could do all of the above.

if it can do ths stuff i will be buying 10 of the dam things in the second batch.

paddy said:
within a linux distro for pandora - i want it in the standard gui,we dont all like linux,so i hope the multitask stuff doesnt get pushed to the side
Just so you're aware: The "standard GUI" is part of a Linux distribution tailored for the machine. ;)

paddy said:
i would love the pandora to have a web browser running ,have my fav tunes playing in the background,be editing a txt document,have my fav messenger prog running,while i browse through some games.

once i choose and play a game ,i would like to drop back to the gui
and all my stuff is still running,and my music would have been playing throughout the whole time,perhaps even running some online radio
in the background.

if it can do ths stuff i will be buying 10 of the dam things in the second batch.
I don't think you understand what Linux is. While windows is an operating system, kernel, window manager, and software suite all in one, linux is a kernel and for the most part, an inexperienced user wouldn't be able to tell BSD from linux or even a non unix OS.
there is no way to really not like linux as an average computer user, as the end user doesn't always interface directly with it, especially on the pandora, its more a misconception about what linux is.

sold said:
In that case, I want it to control my army of energy efficient sandwich making robots making my chain of hi-tec samich efficiency the most dominant and delicious of all empire type samich conglomorates.

McDonalds' beware.
That'd be pretty awesome actually.

A fast-food restaurant entirely operated by robots.

Back