What it can do the current version cannot ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I am interested to know what the 1Ghz clocked processor renders possible, not just what it can do faster.

For example, HD (720p) videos playback?

How about Sega Saturn emulation ? How far would we be from good Dreamcast emulation ?

It's not going to make things run that couldn't be run before.

If you have a Pandora already, you can figure out the increases by looking at FPS, or imagining some measurement in your head, then add 50% to the metric, that is the expected increase. If you don't have a Pandora, find some description of the the way it runs, then add 50% in your head. It's rough but it works.

Maybe better N64 (some slow runnung games) and better High res PSX emulation.

That's it I think.

Desktop work mighht be little faster, too.

For me, PC emulation. That's going to be where it does things we have not seen before on any handheld - with perfect PC controls!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Pandora already, you can figure out the increases by looking at FPS, or imagining some measurement in your head, then add 50% to the metric, that is the expected increase. If you don't have a Pandora, find some description of the the way it runs, then add 50% in your head. It's rough but it works.
*sigh*, 30%..

Craig, you said you would do some edits?

You can state 66% difference on stock speeds (OMAP3530@600MHz vs DM3730@1GHz) if you want nice numbers, this one proved to be correct more or less.

For me, PC emulation. That's going to be where it does things we have not seen before on any handheld - with perfect PC controls!

This is why I waited. I knew this day would come!

*sigh*, 30%..

Craig, you said you would do some edits?

You can state 66% difference on stock speeds (OMAP3530@600MHz vs DM3730@1GHz) if you want nice numbers, this one proved to be correct more or less.

Sorry notaz. I took the numbers from the stock vs. stock column, then reduced the number to 50% for easy calculations in the head. Maybe I've misread the table.

Can you give any example of PC game that would run perfectly on 1Ghz board? Appreciate if someone could show some videos as well in the near future! :)

Well ed, Notaz and craig seem to have 1ghz pandoras already so turn our gaze to them we shall for now..I will make a few videos though when I get my unit for sure.

maybe you can do a video of qemu running some of those higher end x86 windows games that were almost playbable like diablo 2 or nox etc?

Well ed, Notaz and craig seem to have 1ghz pandoras already so turn our gaze to them we shall for now..I will make a few videos though when I get my unit for sure.

Actually mine is going to the guy who made the PC emu.

Is this a new pc emu? I havent kept up with recent software releases recently.All about to change when i get the 1ghz baby.

Back