What Do You Think The Pandora Can Do

All this talk of extreme emulation hopes, takes me back to the early GP32 days... All we wanted then was a SNES emulator with sound.

quadomatic said:
Also, it's important to note that it was running at actually less than 10% speed.

You can't estimate the Pandora's speed to be 3x as fast as PSP just like that, nor can you estimate optimization. Multipliers can't be pulled out of thin air like that.

Sorry for being so abrasive, but honestly, if I didn't do it...somebody else would have.
Don't worry about it (the abrasiveness). I'm not sure I believe what I said myself.
See, the number I came up with was just a "feeling" that I felt like I had to justify, which is why I made up some numbers that made my "feeling" seem more accurate.

I think it was valid to speculate like that, however, since this is a speculation thread.

Also, thanks for the link; I hadn't realized the PSP port was so incomplete and that it was running so slowly. (That Shenmue video from a while back looked pretty good.)

I still stand by the fact that I "Think the Pandora Can Do" 60% DC emulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
all I want is a dreamcast emulator with sound :)
all i want is a ps2 emulator with antialiasing- graphics filters, rewind, 4 player multiplayer online connections, and it has to be full speed

PoisonedV said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
all i want is a ps2 emulator with antialiasing- graphics filters, rewind, 4 player multiplayer online connections, and it has to be full speed

We all want things, but some people are more likely to get them than others...a LOT more likely since Dreamcast emulation actually works now. So...though the sarcastic point is taken, I still also think that Dreamcast is very likely.

PoisonedV said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
all i want is a ps2 emulator with antialiasing- graphics filters, rewind, 4 player multiplayer online connections, and it has to be full speedScrew that, I want to emulate a 60GB first-generation PS3. That way, I get PS1,PS2, and PS3 games all in one emulator!

sold said:
I want it to make me a sandwich.
That one is actually possible. (In the sense that the Pandora could be the brains behind a sandwich making robot)

Personally, I think the Pandora can solve the world energy crisis.

In that case, I want it to control my army of energy efficient sandwich making robots making my chain of hi-tec samich efficiency the most dominant and delicious of all empire type samich conglomorates.

McDonalds' beware.

PoisonedV said:
Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
aid me in my psychosomatic paranoid delusional journey to the depths of the human consciousness
"aid"??? :lol:

THANK GOD YOU CAUGHT THAT, IT'S MY THESIS STATEMENT AND A SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKE WOULD BE A DIRE MISHAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have missed the sarcasm completely. But, to make it clearerder: I was unaware you needed assistance in that particular department.

Also, note the smiley.

mali said:
I want it to launch a ddos attack on this board.
So the Pandora did it! It's kind like a sad, suicidal version of Terminator.

fischju2000 said:
sold said:
I want it to make me a sandwich.
That one is actually possible. (In the sense that the Pandora could be the brains behind a sandwich making robot)

Also in the sense that you put one slice of toast on the keyboard, another on the screen, add salad and stuff and then close the Pandora.

Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
aid me in my psychosomatic paranoid delusional journey to the depths of the human consciousness
"aid"??? :lol:

THANK GOD YOU CAUGHT THAT, IT'S MY THESIS STATEMENT AND A SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKE WOULD BE A DIRE MISHAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have missed the sarcasm completely. But, to make it clearerder: I was unaware you needed assistance in that particular department.

Also, note the smiley.

i'm sorry, im only half there

Back