What it can do the current version cannot ?

Me smells 3g or 4g in the pandora 2.

Why? Wireless is good enough. All you need is a 3G/4G hotspot device from a telco (which you don't even need to plug in - heck, put it in your pocket), and the pandora could wifi into that and beam out to the net.

no need to build the mobile 3G/4G technology into the Pandora. It would just add to the cost.

Anyway, all I can say is "Command and Conquer running on Windows 98SE on Qemu!"

...or starcraft. Just thought I'd put that out there....

bring it on!
Sure there are alot of wifi hotspots about but the coverage is still limited with sometimes weak signals etc.alot of public transport does not have wifi either.Would 4g enable online gaming or is it not good enough for that.the vitas 3g is not up to online gaming by all accounts.

It might even run diablo 2 well :)

Me smells 3g or 4g in the pandora 2.

Why? Wireless is good enough. All you need is a 3G/4G hotspot device from a telco (which you don't even need to plug in - heck, put it in your pocket), and the pandora could wifi into that and beam out to the net.

no need to build the mobile 3G/4G technology into the Pandora. It would just add to the cost.
Sure there are alot of wifi hotspots about but the coverage is still limited with sometimes weak signals etc.alot of public transport does not have wifi either.Would 4g enable online gaming or is it not good enough for that.the vitas 3g is not up to online gaming by all accounts.

I think you missed Naynay's point. The suggestion was to use what is sometimes called a mifi device, basically small device containing a 3G/4G modem and a Wireless router. As long as you carry it with you (and its as long as the battery lasts) then you don't need to rely on hotspot coverage because you carry your own hotspot with you.

- Neelix

Could the 1 Ghz Unit run a Port of Doom 3 with the more Ram,faster GPU and maybe clocked to 1,2 GHz ?,

(Game settings at lowest Resolution and lowest Detail settings).

Or a Port of Alien vs Predator 1 ?.

That would be realy awesome :) :wub:

Doom3 could be an interesting candidate.

The Pandora and the Community needs more legendary Doom Title's to play :lol:

I hope it will be possible some Day to play this nice scary First Person Shooter on the Pandora.

For AvP 1: I think there was some effort of getting it to run, but the port kept segfaulting.

I can't remember who tried it though. It should run on on the normal Pandora, too.

Back