Release UAE4All 2.0

That's easy to miss. I'll just replace the header "Filemanager" with "Press L-key to load HD-dir" when choosing the option "HD Dir" in the menu...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

I think I wrote the now well outdated readme for UAE4ALL. It was based on the orginal readme I did for Chui on his Dingoo port. Would it help if i updated it?

Has anyone had any joy with Zeewolf? the first one... v1.02 I think,,

No matter how much I overclock, with using A500 or A1200.. this runs as slow as hell :(
It always ran very slowly anyways on the a500.I think zeewolf 2 is faster/better graphics etc.Though i suppose overclocking should have sped it up.

That's easy to miss. I'll just replace the header "Filemanager" with "Press L-key to load HD-dir" when choosing the option "HD Dir" in the menu...

I didn't miss that info, but I missed the point that you are referring to the character "L". Yesterday I tried a couple of time pressing the left shoulder-button and gave up for that day. Today I got the point. :p

Hi John,

Attached is the updated readme. It occured to me that the readme might now be used more as you can read it on the fly by using the Pandora button to minimise UAE4ALL.

I hope it is useful :)

Readme_Pandora.txt

Attachments

• Readme_Pandora.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 182
Perfect - thanks a lot, tuki_cat! :)

Could you only please add this:

Press Q to quit the emulator in the main menu.

Press 1-4 in main menu to insert disk into DF0:-DF3: (<= this will be added in the release today).

Perfect - thanks a lot, tuki_cat! :)

Could you only please add this:

Press Q to quit the emulator in the main menu.

Press 1-4 in main menu to insert disk into DF0:-DF3: (<= this will be added in the release today).

No problem, added. :)

Any luck with the savestates?

Readme_Pandora.txt

Attachments

• Readme_Pandora.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 176
New version up:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=uae4all

Changes:

- updated documentation (thx @tuki_cat)

- added "unset DISPLAY;" before changing cpu speed (advice from notaz)

- keys 1-4 are shortcuts now in main menu to insert floppies into DF0:-DF3:

- added old UAE4All 1.x FAME/C version (so now all 3 old uae4all versions selectable on start)

- made old UAE4All 1.x compatible with UAE4All 2.0-config files so the .conf-files don't interfere

- fileload-menu header changed from "Filemanager" depending on context to "Press L-key to load HD-dir", "Select .HDF-file" or "Insert .ADF or .ADZ into DFx:" (x in [0,3])

Savestates in UAE4All 2.0 don't work. You can save a state but loading results in garbled gfx.

But you can load that state in UAE4All 1.x FAME/C-version.

Savestates work fine in UAE4All 1.x FAME/C and UAE-core versions.

Link to the sources updated, too - includes both UAE4All 2.0 and UAE4All 1.x sources. Maybe someone can help fix the restoring of savestates in UAE4All 2.0.

Having problems still.

Seems to be intermittent, cannot nail this one down :(

Start up in UAE4ALL 2.0 mode, choose A500 config, select a disk - Total Recall (1992)(Hit Squad, The)[budget].adf, then hit R-trigger to reset the Amiga and start emulation.

CPU speed is set to 950MHz.

Broken sound - very stuttery. Hit Select to get back to the menu, choose more options, set sound rate to 44khz. Hit R-Trigger to run the game again - perfect sound.

HOWEVER - hit select again, then select again to get back to the game, and the stuttering sound is back. There is now no way to get it back to perfect again.

As I said, there's no real way to reliably reproduce this problem - it either works or it doesn't, and if it doesn't work once then it will never work again unless I quit the emulator and restart... and even then it's not guaranteed. Display speed isn't affected, just the sound. I've tried a few ADF images, and it affects them all on this pandora (original 600MHz unit, 256MB RAM).

D.

Had a good play with this tonight, it really is a great piece of work!

I made a new .hdf in E-UAE with a selection of wonderful stuff and it works great. All the WHDload A500 games I threw at it worked a treat. Also tried some of my old HD installed AGA games: had a couple issues with some: (these all work okay on E-UAE)

Virocop - guru's the amiga just after the game starts, or just freezes the amiga. Pity, as it looked to run really good.

Slam Tilt - seems to be buggy; ball gets stuck randomly, flippers disappear - but it is a beast of a game, older UAE's couldn't run it at all!

Pinball Illusions - runs great, absolutely astonishing frame rate - really smooth, but I found the controls to be laggy.

UFO Enemy Unknown - Geoscape kills it! My real amiga struggles to rotate and zoom the world map too, but UAE4All really suffers!

Chaos Engine - (through JST) runs very well, stutters slightly.

A couple of games (Roadkill and Super Stardust) reboot and kill the system when you run them from a workbench HD install. These don't seem to work right on UAE4all, and I end up at the purple 'insert disc' after the game forces a reboot, instead of the game running its script.

I thought I would test it by getting it to compile a game I'd written in Blitz Basic. My real amiga took about 12 seconds to do that task, took the emulator nearly 6 minutes, but by god it got there in the end! Might be because it seems to be quite slow reading the hardfile. I probably went a bit overkill making a 256MB one. Is there a performance advantage by using smaller hardfiles or an HD directory? (I like .hdf files better - they just feel right!)

Thanks again for all your work on this. It is my new favourite thing!

I don't know if the HD dir has faster access - but it's definitely more handy, because you can just add/remove WHDLoad games to/from your SD card and you have as much space as your SD card offers.

The WHDLoad version of Roadkill seems to work fine - until you're in a race. Accelerating doesn't work. You can turn left/right, but not move forward. The CPU opponents can't either. So for some reason the value for speed stays 0. Probably a bug (or something missing) in the FAME/C core.

Or is that because I haven't registered WHDLoad yet? ;)

@Dunny: 44kHz should be the default soundrate in uae4all - isn't it in yours? If you have any files in /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/uae4all/conf/ delete them all.

Great work,

Nearly all games that I try work well. As I said it is great to have Goal! working now. Upto a week ago I have never used WHDload.

Do you have any ideas what is causing the problem with loading savestates or are stuck on that?

@Dunny: 44kHz should be the default soundrate in uae4all - isn't it in yours? If you have any files in /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/uae4all/conf/ delete them all.

Ahh, this new version doesn't like config files from the previous version! Seems to work now, off to test some more :)

D.

Good. If cou now create new config files they will work with both old and new uae4all versions in this current release.

Do you have any ideas what is causing the problem with loading savestates or are stuck on that?
On restoring the called functions in fame.cpp might do something differently than before. That's something I haven't really checked yet.

Back