Release UAE4All 2.0

New version up:

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Changes:

- Setting CPU speed in "more options"-menu works again

- PND default speed set back to 600MHz; if you want UAE4All to always start with e.g. 1GHz set cpu speed to 1000 in "more options"-menu and then "save general config" in main menu

- Preset system setup "A1200": Fast-RAM increased from 2 to 8MB (2MB is insufficient for e.g. Pinball Illusions WHDLoad)

- "Accurate" sound was broken -> fixed now (use accurate sound-setting to get the correct sfx in Turrican I&II)

- [R]+Q and [L]+Q is now both "numpad muliply" and F10 (WHDLoad games per default use either "numpad multiply"/prtscr or F10 to exit and return to Workbench)

Savestates aren't fixed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

Thanks, I got Banshee working now.

With this new version I am finding that selecting CPU speed does not work. Whenever I select any speed above 600mhz the Pandora locks up and I need to hard reset the Pandora.

Any Ideas what may be causing this, is it the same on yours?

I'm on Super Zaxxon beta 5, which I think is the latest version.

I also tried booting using the older kernel in case it made a difference but it didn't help.

Do you have set Max OPP to 5 in Pandora settings? Because if not and you clock too high the system will halt.

Setting speed via uae4all menu works fine here with SZ beta 4.

All that's called is this:

echo y | sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh <newSpeedInMHz>

Please type this in a terminal and tell me what happens.

Use different values for <newSpeedInMHz> like 720, 850, 1000 and look if the slider value has changed (or if the system locks up...).

Hi John,

With this new version I am finding that selecting CPU speed does not work. Whenever I select any speed above 600mhz the Pandora locks up and I need to hard reset the Pandora.

How well does banshee run?Anyonetried roadkill a1200?

Do you have set Max OPP to 5 in Pandora settings? Because if not and you clock too high the system will halt.

Setting speed via uae4all menu works fine here with SZ beta 4.

All that's called is this:

echo y | sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh <newSpeedInMHz>

Please type this in a terminal and tell me what happens.

Use different values for <newSpeedInMHz> like 720, 850, 1000 and look if the slider value has changed (or if the system locks up...).

The lock up happens no matter what speed I choose, even 610mhz so I know it is not OPP related.

I have tried the following script in terminal and the slider with the CPU speed does not change the clockspeed to 610

echo y l sudo -n usr/pandora/scripts/op_speed.sh 610

I can open this script manually though by double clicking and the slider within xfce works fine.

Hi John,

How well does banshee run?Anyonetried roadkill a1200?

Banshee runs well, I haven't tried Roadkill.

I have changed opp setting.

I can change cpu upto 800.. if I choose 900 or 950 it still sets it at 800 !

I`m on SZb5a btw..

I've reported your issues in the issue tracking thread:

Don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Are you talking about uae4all, the xfce slider or typing the cmd in a terminal?

http://boards.openpa...ad/#entry158536

in the terminal... if I type echo y | sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh 950

it sets it at 800... anything over 800 infact sets it to 800...

so I can`t go over 800?? or would I have to change opp for that?

No, when having set max opp to 5 you should be able to clock higher than 800MHz. Hmm.

I think I have worked out what is causing the lock up when you try to change clockspeed in UAE4ALL.

On a stock Pandora you get a warning message in a zenity box on the desktop when you try to overclock above 600mhz.

I switched off this warning (you can also change the clockspeed level that you want a warning) and now overclocking works within UAE4ALL 2.0. It appears that this warning box is somehow appearing in the background and causing a lockup.

New Pandora owners - don't turn off this warning message unless you know what you are doing!

No, when having set max opp to 5 you should be able to clock higher than 800MHz. Hmm.

I think you also need to change the max level you are allowed to overclock too. If stainy's max overclock Is 850mhz in the CPU settings then no matter what number he inputs it will only ever overclock to 850mhz

Only if you increased the limit in the CPU Speed settings.

800MHz is the default maximum limit.

EDIT: Ninja'd by tuki_cat :D

http://boards.openpa...ad/#entry158536

I think I have worked out what is causing the lock up when you try to change clockspeed in UAE4ALL.

On a stock Pandora you get a warning message in a zenity box on the desktop when you try to overclock above 600mhz.

I switched off this warning (you can also change the clockspeed level that you want a warning) and now overclocking works within UAE4ALL 2.0. It appears that this warning box is somehow appearing in the background and causing a lockup.

New Pandora owners - don't turn off this warning message unless you know what you are doing!

HI.. where do you change this? ( turning off the warning ) please :)

Back