Release UAE4All 2.0

This is amazing, thank you john4p. I have just fired up a classicwb install and am playing some whdload games.

Good time to own a pandora. :)

I've reported your issues in the issue tracking thread:

http://boards.openpa...ad/#entry158536

Don't know why it doesn't work for you.

I can change cpu upto 800.. if I choose 900 or 950 it still sets it at 800 !
Are you talking about uae4all, the xfce slider or typing the cmd in a terminal?

I think I have worked out what is causing the lock up when you try to change clockspeed in UAE4ALL.

On a stock Pandora you get a warning message in a zenity box on the desktop when you try to overclock above 600mhz.

I switched off this warning (you can also change the clockspeed level that you want a warning) and now overclocking works within UAE4ALL 2.0. It appears that this warning box is somehow appearing in the background and causing a lockup.

New Pandora owners - don't turn off this warning message unless you know what you are doing!

HI.. where do you change this? ( turning off the warning ) please :)

In XCFE desktop press the Pandora button and then go to settings. Under the CPU settings option, there is something called warning messages.

I don't have my Pandora on front of me right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the continued support, tuki_cat.

This is amazing, thank you john4p. I have just fired up a classicwb install and am playing some whdload games.

Good time to own a pandora. :)
Hey THB - glad you enjoy it. Good times indeed. We benefitted from someone with deep Amiga knowledge wanting to play A1200-games on his cellphone.

Thank you for the continued support, tuki_cat.

No probs, glad I could help.

Amiga emulation was one of the main reasons I purchased a Pandora, so I really grateful for all the work you have put into UAE4ALL.

I know this might be a slightly silly question, but is there any way this could be changed to use the Amiga Forever rom images?

I have purchased this quite a while ago, but the kicks need to use a 'key' file. This is supported in another version on the Panda (I forget which).

Cheers

Well thanks to everyone's help and tips, I've my Classic WB Lite up and running, and have been playing SWOS on it happily for half the afternoon. I needed to fiddle around a bit with the memory settings to get it working (it didn't like the 8MB chip RAM, so I had to dial that down and add extra fast RAM instead)

I know this might be a slightly silly question, but is there any way this could be changed to use the Amiga Forever rom images?
Possible but not planned and tbh not very high on priority list...

it didn't like the 8MB chip RAM, so I had to dial that down and add extra fast RAM instead
FastRAM is important. You can't use FastRAM if you have more than 2MB ChipRAM. But you shouldn't need more than 2MB ChipRAM anyway.

Thus the preset system setup "A1200" (main menu) is 2MB Chip- and 8MB FastRAM.

Amazing work! Thank you so much! :)
You're welcome m8!

@John4p Thanks for the reply. Keep up the good work, as this sounds awesome.

Ah I see what I did now, I had misread an earlier post about memory settings to get whdload to work, took it that I needed to up the chip RAM, tried this on WinUAE on my PC , so set it up similarly on my Pandora.

I'm learning now(and learning is half the battle!!)

I'm having issues with this! Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I've never seriously used UAE4All on my pandora (or wiz or GP2X for that matter) before. Much as I loved my A500 for the many years of joy it gave me, when it comes to emulation, my (still set up and working great!) A1200 is where it's at for me. So I'm used to full blooded UAE (actually E-UAE running under Ubuntu for preference) where I have cloned my real A1200 (2MB chip +4MB fast, 28MHz 68020, 512MB HD blah blah) and it works a treat.

On reading the description in the repo of a new UAE4All with AGA and HD support I nearly wet myself - my A1200 in my hand! I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it seems UAE4All has very little in common with UAE.

First, my kickstart rom. Mine is 3.0, extracted from my own amiga, but I see no option for it. I put it (kick.rom) in the kickstarts directory (an older kick13.rom is still in there, probably from messing about with UAE4All before) - but I can't get UAE4All to boot - it simply crashes the pandora, requiring a soft reset - any ideas?

Secondly, my Amiga has four hdf files, for four partitions. I see UAE4All allows four floppy drives, but seems to only have an option for one HD. I tried editing the config file, but it doesn't look anything like UAE config files, and the .readme seems to be for an older version of UAE4All.

I'd already given up hope of seeing my A1200 on my pandora, I just didn't think the pandora had the juice for it, so I'm prepared to be disappointed. Has anyone else managed to get a similar set up going on theirs? I'd be greatful for any tips!

Thanks loads, and it always great to see some amiga love going on by dedicated and skilled folk. It is much appreciated!

Thanks loads, and it always great to see some amiga love going on by dedicated and skilled folk. It is much appreciated!

ATM it seems we only support for one HDD. As for enough power, it works well once you get it setup. Would you be able to merge your separate disks in the meantime?

Also I think you NEED a 3.1 kick-rom 3.0 isn't supported.

I'm currently trying to setup a OS 3.9 setup with WHDLoad.

@sabrecheeky: Only 1 HDF-file plus 1 HD-directory is supported.

The HD-directory can be any dir on your SD-card which you can put any Amiga stuff from your Amiga HDs into.

You could use your boot partition HDF in uae4all and copy all the files from your other partitions to your PC and then in a directory on the SD-card which you then load as "HD dir" (press L-key to load the dir).

Your kickstart 3.0 should work, too (if it's 512Kb large) - just rename it into kick31.rom and put it in the kickstarts-folder.

@john4p

Thanks for that, tried renaming it to 31, still locks up (and it is definitely 512K - it is the one I use in E-UAE) when tried with or without my workbench.hdf set to boot.

Shame about the limit on the HD's - I assume it is not trivial to include it. I was hoping there might be little bit of legacy code in there sitting dormant since the branch from UAE!

Putting it all on one partition will be fun - lots of assigns and configs to change and reinstalling stuff. I'll leave that for a free weekend somewhere down the line!

Thanks again.

Tried two 3.0 kickroms (renamed to kick31.rom):

Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A1200)[!].rom works fine

Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A4000)[!].rom doesn't work (because we don't have 68040 emulation I guess)

@john4p

It's okay - worked out it was the overclock warning freezing it up, as mentioned by a previous poster! Sorry about that!

Never seen the warning before, thought it must have been in a newer firmware. Ooops!

Have workbench booted... woohoo! Might try some messing about with AmigaDOS see if some assigns and such like can work around my hard drive issues.

Thanks again for all you work on this - looks good!

Hi John

I know there might be a simple answer to this, but I am trying to load a directory from my SD card, I am not able to select the directory, it just opens up to show what is inside the directory.

Is there some trick to this?

I go into the Memory and disk options, but when I try to specify the directory under HD Dir, the above happens and I can't actually select the directory.

Cheers

Rob

Has anyone had any joy with Zeewolf? the first one... v1.02 I think,,

No matter how much I overclock, with using A500 or A1200.. this runs as slow as hell :(

I know there might be a simple answer to this, but I am trying to load a directory from my SD card, I am not able to select the directory, it just opens up to show what is inside the directory.

Is there some trick to this?
Yup:

[...]since you navigate with the action buttons through directories another button had to be chosen for selecting a HD directory: press the L-key on your Pandora's keyboard to select a directory as HD-dir.

Back