Twiterix : The Photos Have Been Taken

Does anybody know how to take these and assemble them into a 3D model of a Pandora? That'd be cool.

And Craig, keep at it, great work!

craigix said:
The boards are good, we are just waiting on the cases again.

I can now see no reason why some Pandora consoles won't ship before christmas, I'm not saying we can get all 4000 built and shipped, but we can get as many as possible done.
As was asked above, do you have enough information to approve MP of all the case parts, based upon these pics, or are you still waiting for parts in hand?

Also, when do you think final FCC testing will be possible with the production case?

Thanks, and keep on keeping on.
j.

Last edited by a moderator:
j.pickens said:
As was asked above, do you have enough information to approve MP of all the case parts, based upon these pics, or are you still waiting for parts in hand?.......................<snip>
No, until M Weston gets them in his hands and builds a complete Pandora and then gives it the green light we are still in limbo land.

Thanks, OP team :)
It has been a nice ride with ups and downs and finally it's really nearing completion.
I should get get my money ready to jump on the second batch.
I was so damn pissed off about a very German MOD of the German Pandora board that I cancelled my order mid February :(
Well, that means 50€ on top for the OP team, so it's ok, I think.

craigix said:

I can now see no reason why some Pandora consoles won't ship before christmas, I'm not saying we can get all 4000 built and shipped, but we can get as many as possible done.
thats alright if you make sure my pandora gets shipped first :D :p

i already paid for UPS in the hope i would get it on chistmas :(
but im between 2900~3000 in the line so i dont think il get it :(

craigix said:

I will be enoughly satisfied if i get my Pandora on February. Promise :D

dschroeter said:
For some reason this is the first time that the upside-down logo looks like "DJopuDd." Just me?
Can't be unseen.

j.pickens said:
craigix said:

As was asked above, do you have enough information to approve MP of all the case parts, based upon these pics, or are you still waiting for parts in hand?

Also, when do you think final FCC testing will be possible with the production case?

Thanks, and keep on keeping on.
j.

There will never be any FCC testing.

NO FCC compliant test?

so how long until MW receives these samples?
since these photos are from china factory

As was said before, FCC is only necessary for certain products such as some radios etc.
CE only will be sufficient for the Pandora, it hasn't been done and it won't be done.

dschroeter said:
For some reason this is the first time that the upside-down logo looks like "DJopuDd." Just me?
Not just you, first thing I noticed too. LOL

Luftwaffles said:
As was said before, FCC is only necessary for certain products such as some radios etc.
CE only will be sufficient for the Pandora, it hasn't been done and it won't be done.
From what I understand, they don't technically need to perform the tests, they just need to be able to prove that their product passes the FCC and CE rules, should it be called into question. Of course, you can't really prove that it falls under the rules unless you perform the tests. >.>

WizardStan said:
Luftwaffles said:
From what I understand, they don't technically need to perform the tests, they just need to be able to prove that their product passes the FCC and CE rules, should it be called into question. Of course, you can't really prove that it falls under the rules unless you perform the tests. >.>

yep, and from what i understood CE test are sufficient to be sure that it'll pass the FCC test. thus they'll only do the CE test and print a "FCC compliant" like many products

CE testing appears to be more strict than FCC compliance so we are going to pass CE tests which will also make us FCC compliant. This is the expensive testing that HAS to be done and no way around it. What we don't need is FCC registration which is where you submit your testing results and get into their system (where Engadget likes to go for all those cool internal picture presentations). Being registered means any organization that wants to challenge your certification has somewhere to go rather than bother you for the documents, but right now it is easier for us to spare those costs rather than falling deeper in debt and its likely a several month long process (especially for a first timer) as you re-submit documents until it matches their criteria and format. I certainly don't have time for such efforts right now. :)

an now we are all waiting for Michael to answer the Cinderella question: does it fit? :D

keeping my thumbs firmly pressed.

hch said:
an now we are all waiting for Michael to answer the Cinderella question: does it fit? :D ...,snip.
M Weston the 'Fairy Godmother', you shall go to the MP ball Pandora! (That would make Craigix, ED and Fatih the ugly sisters then.)

Back