"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"


Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
54
Yes!!!! Just got my notice. I was 650-750 in the queue.
I'm a U.S. buyer, standard mail. Any other U.S. buyers that have a sense of how long shipping takes? Or anything I should know about customs?
 

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
Night Wind said:
Yes!!!! Just got my notice. I was 650-750 in the queue.
I'm a U.S. buyer, standard mail. Any other U.S. buyers that have a sense of how long shipping takes? Or anything I should know about customs?
Standard shipping to the US takes about 2 weeks on average from the UK. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Customs just has to clear the item, and that normally takes 24-48hrs, unless they find some reason to check into the shipment(which can cause delays). That is very rare, and often times doesn't happen with small deliveries. So sit back, and prop your feet up, It's going to be a Looooooong 2 week wait. :lol:

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
54
jumpman said:
Night Wind said:
Yes!!!! Just got my notice. I was 650-750 in the queue.
I'm a U.S. buyer, standard mail. Any other U.S. buyers that have a sense of how long shipping takes? Or anything I should know about customs?
Standard shipping to the US takes about 2 weeks on average from the UK. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Customs just has to clear the item, and that normally takes 24-48hrs, unless they find some reason to check into the shipment(which can cause delays). That is very rare, and often times doesn't happen with small deliveries. So sit back, and prop your feet up, It's going to be a Looooooong 2 week wait. :lol:

Chris
That's about what I thought. Well, alright. Here goes. Thanks for the info :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Miki_Loz

Still Fresh
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
4
I just got my email too! I am in postion 600-700, so those of you who are around this number I guess it shoudn't take much longer. :D
 

Lorkile

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
333
So I'm not the only one waiting impatiently for the mail to come these days, I've been taking a break from the forums about 2 weeks after I sent my Pandora in around the end of Sept. It's been a long wait for a replacement, but the upgraded nubs (and improvement to the LCD cable set-up to hopefully avoid the slow death mine experience) should make it worth the wait.

I'm hoping for one with a stiff hinge again, it made it bearable to use as more than an oversized mp3 player.
 

tristan.clark

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
188
Age
47
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
I got mine yesterday (approximately 650 - 750 in Craigs queue).

Some small issues with the case, but nothing major. I've not had much to chance to use it yet, so not able to give much of a review (and there are so many that I probably would not add much any way).
 

fettouhi

Active Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
664
Age
44
Location
Odense S, Denmark
DynaMight said:
I got a email informing me mine was sent today! Ordered about 5:30pm UK time and estimated queue position was 750-850. Looking forward to tomorrow.
I'm in the 650-750 queue and I ordered 7:37 CET on the 1st of October 2008. I'm very confused now because I've not gotten any shipping conformation... :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Phawx

Professional Derailer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
1,345
Got my Pandora's. So fucking sweet! 28 months totally worth it. The system is definitely raw, PND's help out but stuff still needs to get configured a good bit afterward to get it just right. But otherwise, fucking AWESOME.

Loving it. Got GINGE running and playing Cave Story for my first time. Saved up a lot of old games I never had the chance to play. Bliss.
 

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
Phawx said:
Got my Pandora's. So fucking sweet! 28 months totally worth it. The system is definitely raw, PND's help out but stuff still needs to get configured a good bit afterward to get it just right. But otherwise, fucking AWESOME.

Loving it. Got GINGE running and playing Cave Story for my first time. Saved up a lot of old games I never had the chance to play. Bliss.
Congrats Phawx!

You have been one of the regulars around here for a long time. It's real nice to see so many getting their units, and that the team didn't "Crash & Burn"! I'm glad to see it didn't disapoint you after the very long wait. Now you have one and I don't :p , but mine should be back soon. ENJOY!

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Asmo

Advanced Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
2,279
jumpman said:
They are now using new ribbons
No, I believe all that has changed on the ribbons was the soldering point for the speakers, last I recall anyway.

ED posted just a short while ago that he just finished a further 400 (1000 more in his posession to do):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index...ere-2011-01-11/page__view__findpost__p__19457

In the same post he reveals that he's only just received samples of the redesigned cable, so it'll be a while before anyone is getting one of those in their unit.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top