When Are We Going To Get Our Newsletter?

pem_69

Still Fresh
Two weeks ago:
"Pandora and ICP newsletter sometime this week."
http://twitter.com/Craigix/statuses/16111297179

One week ago:
"Writing newsletters."
http://twitter.com/Craigix/statuses/16572981848

Half a week ago:
"People on the newsletter list an email at the weekend."
http://twitter.com/Craigix/statuses/16924746525

It's now the end of the weekend, and there's still nothing.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how accurate all Craig's other predictions are, but this is just a letter.
I want to know what the info is, that deserve an email instead of a blog post. But it's been coming for far too long, with no result.

Craig - what gives, and when will we get our update?

Iorgy77 said:
it's Craig speak, two weeks means two months and two months means two years.

Yeah, figured that much out. Mostly I'd like to hear a better reason from Craig, or at least encourage the newsletter to go out sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also be anxious but just before the weekend started I got en email about my Pandora shipping, so among a number of other things I expect in the mail this week I hope to see it and supposing it shows up I'll have little concern for the newsletter for a fair while.

We decided to wait until the end of the month, and also it won't be going out to everyone at once, it will be going out slower than usual as it contains details for second batch ordering and we don't want a run on them.

Thank you Craig :)

From the official blog:
but a two-man team can now assemble 50 Pandoras in an 8-hour-day including quality testing. As Craig has a four-man team, 100 Pandoras could be built per day (as long as we have the boards and cases ready)

Is everyting going fine on the assembly line ? I'm supposedly #250-350 in your GBAX queue, yet no shipping confirmation mail...

Bye, Magic Sam

craigix said:
We decided to wait until the end of the month, and also it won't be going out to everyone at once, it will be going out slower than usual as it contains details for second batch ordering and we don't want a run on them.

So over what length of time will it be sent out? Can you send it out in two parts - the updates, and the reordering?

I'm not sure when you made this decision, but I know you've said for a long time that second-batch preorders would be more spread out, yet under a week ago you said the newsletter would come this weekend...

i think they should sort out batch one before sending out ordering requests for batch 2

I would have faith in paying more for 2nd batch if I believed the project could still deliver - this does seem like a perpetual cycle

It looks like its going to take longer and longer

Before anyone says it I am giving my order number (900-1000) on 1st july to anyone who can paypal my £217 from a few years back - I need the money to get something I can code off now instead of 2+ months

No I am not making a profit from this

By the same token its better to get a refund in cash and change order details (name and address as I bet it would take over 2 months to get a refund in a timely fashion, this way OP dont lose money and someone gets my order place coz I aint waiting any longer)

RajTakhar said:
i think they should sort out batch one before sending out ordering requests for batch 2

I would have faith in paying more for 2nd batch if I believed the project could still deliver - this does seem like a perpetual cycle

It looks like its going to take longer and longer

Yeah, it's now been more than a week since Craig reassured us that emails (and thus, Pandoras) would be going out every day "until monday". Said monday was a week ago, and there's been no status update as to what's happening. At this rate, it's gonna take a very long time for batch 1 to complete.

Anyone surprised?

Edit: Found ED in another thread saying that they're not actually producing any pandoras at the moment. Well, at least I know what they're doing with that £250 I gave them.

D.

Mithrildor said:
This has been like the 1 millionth time craig has promised a newsletter

I thought that, with hindsight, Craig's best promises were things like "the nubs are perfect" and "we're delaying to make sure it's perfect", not to mention the brilliant "Out by Christmas 2009"! Oh, how we all laughed.

D.

Dunny said:
Mithrildor said:

I thought that, with hindsight, Craig's best promises were things like "the nubs are perfect" and "we're delaying to make sure it's perfect", not to mention the brilliant "Out by Christmas 2009"! Oh, how we all laughed.

D.

And don't forget "I'm ready to say July" (said in 2009)!

Dunny said:
Mithrildor said:

D.

Yeah LOL and remember the time we created the best handheld in the world and you just trolled the boards? LOLZ.

craigix said:
Yeah LOL and remember the time we created the best handheld in the world and you just trolled the boards? LOLZ.
Good times, it must've been the best ever, since it did induce you to fall off the roof. Or was that the vodka, I guess the only way to be sure is for me to get one of my own. And if I fall off the roof, then clearly it's the Pandora's doing.

hedwards said:
craigix said:
Good times, it must've been the best ever, since it did induce you to fall off the roof. Or was that the vodka, I guess the only way to be sure is for me to get one of my own. And if I fall off the roof, then clearly it's the Pandora's doing.

Probably drunk of the awesomeness of the Pandora.

Hey, I just had a though, do you think Dunny will suddenly sit up on his death bed, eyes widening, and say 'Hey, I didn't troll the Pandora boards enough, such a shame as it was so constructive and brought so much to my life.... oh if only I had a keyboard and anyone remembered me!'

Anyway, building some Pandori today, so must get back to it.

On a more constructive tangent, maybe you should make a tweet about the delay of the newsletter. I foresee more threads like this.

Back