"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"

Jumpman

Advanced Member
Asmo said:
jumpman said:
They are now using new ribbons
No, I believe all that has changed on the ribbons was the soldering point for the speakers, last I recall anyway.

ED posted just a short while ago that he just finished a further 400 (1000 more in his posession to do):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index...ere-2011-01-11/page__view__findpost__p__19457

In the same post he reveals that he's only just received samples of the redesigned cable, so it'll be a while before anyone is getting one of those in their unit.
Yeah, I thought they had the new ones already. I guess not.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Website
Visit site
Gruso said:
Well I picked a good week to come back. Lots of happy posts! Congrats to everyone finally getting their units.
edit: nevermind, I thought you were still waiting for yours and offered to meet up to try my fresh arrival - just realised you already got yours. The Aussie contingent must be growing now...

Kayday

Everybody I've shown so far wants a Pandora. I love this thing. My only issue is wifi and I've noticed I am not alone. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon or maybe there can one universal USB Wifi adapter we can use while waiting for a fix.

Anyways, I had to leave my Pandy at home because I wasn't getting any work done the past 2 days.

Phawx

Professional Derailer
What's wrong with wifi? Only thing I noticed is that it's a bit slow, but more than fast enough for browsing and stuff.

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
^ Some people have issues, I think it depends on the individual setup (and different routers, access points etc). If anyone is having trouble, make sure to try the beta wifi driver here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/588-wifi-driver-firmware-betatest/page__p__9899#entry9899

GunPei2X said:
Gruso said:
Well I picked a good week to come back. Lots of happy posts! Congrats to everyone finally getting their units.
edit: nevermind, I thought you were still waiting for yours and offered to meet up to try my fresh arrival - just realised you already got yours. The Aussie contingent must be growing now...
Thanks for the thought though! :)

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
Gruso said:
^ Some people have issues, I think it depends on the individual setup (and different routers, access points etc). If anyone is having trouble, make sure to try the beta wifi driver here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/588-wifi-driver-firmware-betatest/page__p__9899#entry9899
Or here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57364-wifi-betatest/
;)

And also listed on the software list.

edgex004

Advanced Member
‎"Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped..."

Buh. :blink:

Azuma

So is anyone else frantically refreshing the tracking page on usps.com only to read:

"Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I was told "Just to let you know we are despatching a new console to you today" by jacquelyn on january 6th and needless to say I'm getting a little impatient, especially considering I sent it to get fixed in early september... I know sometimes the tracking information doesn't get updated properly, I once received a package when the last stage was something like "Acceptance, this item was accepted at the post office (in the state I bought the item from)" so I haven't contacted anyone from the post office yet. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or know why it's stuck at that stage? If not how long should I wait before I get concerned? If it did ship it should take about 2 weeks or so to get here right (to the US)?

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Website
Visit site
Azuma said:
So is anyone else frantically refreshing the tracking page on usps.com only to read:

"Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I was told "Just to let you know we are despatching a new console to you today" by jacquelyn on january 6th and needless to say I'm getting a little impatient, especially considering I sent it to get fixed in early september... I know sometimes the tracking information doesn't get updated properly, I once received a package when the last stage was something like "Acceptance, this item was accepted at the post office (in the state I bought the item from)" so I haven't contacted anyone from the post office yet. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or know why it's stuck at that stage? If not how long should I wait before I get concerned? If it did ship it should take about 2 weeks or so to get here right (to the US)?
I've come to never trust the tracking from USPS. I have never once seen it be even mildly accurate. (Except some occasions when it has reflected that my package had arrived, but who cares at that point?)

-God Ginrai

Azuma

I've had a better experience with the tracking than you have, but now that I think about it the tracking info has been extremely inaccurate quite a few times. Maybe I was just hoping this would be one of those times it would be accurate. I'll just continue to be patient for a little while longer, thanks.

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Have no more pandora's been shipped this week? I'm starting to get worried as I ordered on the 30st of sept 2008 in the evening and I read somewhere that some guy who ordered on october 1st had received his already?

Pinballwzd

Mine is sitting in customs.. Argghhh...
5 days already. Longer it takes, the more I fear some inspector will like it.. :p

David

Sonict

Still Fresh
Website
sonict.sepwich.com
Eisner said:
5 days already. Longer it takes, the more I fear some inspector will like it.. :p

David
Same here. It has been stuck there since the 14th. I can tell already that this week is out. Hopefully, next week is the charm...

I'll be angry if it doesn't get out of there before this month is out. I don't want to wait weeks or... 2 months™.

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Sonict said:
Eisner said:

David
Same here. It has been stuck there since the 14th. I can tell already that this week is out. Hopefully, next week is the charm...

I'll be angry if it doesn't get out of there before this month is out. I don't want to wait weeks or... 2 months™.
How are you able to determine that it's in customs?

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Sonict said:
2011/01/14 xx:xx MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
Directly from my tracking. I used regular airmail.
Oh. My e-mail didn't contain any tracking info. I guess I just have to wait and hope it comes soon-ish

lobski

MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?
Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Website
Visit site
lobski said:
MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?
Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)
Wait, when did they take orders for a Second Batch? o_ô The First Batch is a 4000 unit batch that has yet to have all of the units made and sent out to the customers. (~3800 IIRC)

-God Ginrai