"your Pandora Has Been Shipped"


Jumpman

Advanced Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,095
Location
Sin City
Asmo said:
jumpman said:
They are now using new ribbons
No, I believe all that has changed on the ribbons was the soldering point for the speakers, last I recall anyway.

ED posted just a short while ago that he just finished a further 400 (1000 more in his posession to do):

http://boards.openpandora.org/index...ere-2011-01-11/page__view__findpost__p__19457

In the same post he reveals that he's only just received samples of the redesigned cable, so it'll be a while before anyone is getting one of those in their unit.
Yeah, I thought they had the new ones already. I guess not.

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
2,723
Website
Visit site
Gruso said:
Well I picked a good week to come back. Lots of happy posts! Congrats to everyone finally getting their units.
edit: nevermind, I thought you were still waiting for yours and offered to meet up to try my fresh arrival - just realised you already got yours. The Aussie contingent must be growing now...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kayday

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
234
Everybody I've shown so far wants a Pandora. I love this thing. My only issue is wifi and I've noticed I am not alone. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon or maybe there can one universal USB Wifi adapter we can use while waiting for a fix.

Anyways, I had to leave my Pandy at home because I wasn't getting any work done the past 2 days.
 

Phawx

Professional Derailer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
1,345
What's wrong with wifi? Only thing I noticed is that it's a bit slow, but more than fast enough for browsing and stuff.
 

gruso

thunderbox
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
7,461
Age
43
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
pandorapress.net
^ Some people have issues, I think it depends on the individual setup (and different routers, access points etc). If anyone is having trouble, make sure to try the beta wifi driver here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/588-wifi-driver-firmware-betatest/page__p__9899#entry9899

GunPei2X said:
Gruso said:
Well I picked a good week to come back. Lots of happy posts! Congrats to everyone finally getting their units.
edit: nevermind, I thought you were still waiting for yours and offered to meet up to try my fresh arrival - just realised you already got yours. The Aussie contingent must be growing now...
Thanks for the thought though! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Esn

(:";
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Messages
3,239
Location
Toronto, Canada
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
Gruso said:
^ Some people have issues, I think it depends on the individual setup (and different routers, access points etc). If anyone is having trouble, make sure to try the beta wifi driver here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/588-wifi-driver-firmware-betatest/page__p__9899#entry9899
Or here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57364-wifi-betatest/
;)

And also listed on the software list.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

edgex004

Advanced Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
1,204
‎"Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped..."

Buh. :blink:
 

Azuma

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
103
So is anyone else frantically refreshing the tracking page on usps.com only to read:

"Service(s): Registered Mail™
Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I was told "Just to let you know we are despatching a new console to you today" by jacquelyn on january 6th and needless to say I'm getting a little impatient, especially considering I sent it to get fixed in early september... I know sometimes the tracking information doesn't get updated properly, I once received a package when the last stage was something like "Acceptance, this item was accepted at the post office (in the state I bought the item from)" so I haven't contacted anyone from the post office yet. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or know why it's stuck at that stage? If not how long should I wait before I get concerned? If it did ship it should take about 2 weeks or so to get here right (to the US)?
 

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
5,465
Website
Visit site
Azuma said:
So is anyone else frantically refreshing the tracking page on usps.com only to read:

"Service(s): Registered Mail™
Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

I was told "Just to let you know we are despatching a new console to you today" by jacquelyn on january 6th and needless to say I'm getting a little impatient, especially considering I sent it to get fixed in early september... I know sometimes the tracking information doesn't get updated properly, I once received a package when the last stage was something like "Acceptance, this item was accepted at the post office (in the state I bought the item from)" so I haven't contacted anyone from the post office yet. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or know why it's stuck at that stage? If not how long should I wait before I get concerned? If it did ship it should take about 2 weeks or so to get here right (to the US)?
I've come to never trust the tracking from USPS. I have never once seen it be even mildly accurate. (Except some occasions when it has reflected that my package had arrived, but who cares at that point?)

-God Ginrai
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Azuma

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
103
I've had a better experience with the tracking than you have, but now that I think about it the tracking info has been extremely inaccurate quite a few times. Maybe I was just hoping this would be one of those times it would be accurate. I'll just continue to be patient for a little while longer, thanks.
 

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
1,843
Age
46
Location
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Website
Visit site
Have no more pandora's been shipped this week? I'm starting to get worried as I ordered on the 30st of sept 2008 in the evening and I read somewhere that some guy who ordered on october 1st had received his already?
 

Pinballwzd

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
255
Age
49
Location
B.C Canada
Mine is sitting in customs.. Argghhh...
5 days already. Longer it takes, the more I fear some inspector will like it.. :p

David
 

Sonict

Still Fresh
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
50
Age
34
Location
Mississauga, Ontario: Canada
Website
sonict.sepwich.com
Eisner said:
Mine is sitting in customs.. Argghhh...
5 days already. Longer it takes, the more I fear some inspector will like it.. :p

David
Same here. It has been stuck there since the 14th. I can tell already that this week is out. Hopefully, next week is the charm...

I'll be angry if it doesn't get out of there before this month is out. I don't want to wait weeks or... 2 months™.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
54
Sonict said:
Eisner said:
Mine is sitting in customs.. Argghhh...
5 days already. Longer it takes, the more I fear some inspector will like it.. :p

David
Same here. It has been stuck there since the 14th. I can tell already that this week is out. Hopefully, next week is the charm...

I'll be angry if it doesn't get out of there before this month is out. I don't want to wait weeks or... 2 months™.
How are you able to determine that it's in customs?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwind0

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
54
Sonict said:
2011/01/14 xx:xx MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
Directly from my tracking. I used regular airmail.
Oh. My e-mail didn't contain any tracking info. I guess I just have to wait and hope it comes soon-ish
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lobski

Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2007
Messages
376
MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?
Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
5,465
Website
Visit site
lobski said:
MichaelXX2 said:
Wait. Is this article implying that batch 2 Pandoras haven't even begun to ship yet?
Batch 2 won't ship for a very long time. Batch 1 seems to be about 700-800 units shipped out of 2000 (or however big the first batch it)
Wait, when did they take orders for a Second Batch? o_ô The First Batch is a 4000 unit batch that has yet to have all of the units made and sent out to the customers. (~3800 IIRC)

-God Ginrai
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top