Tweaking and Finalizing

Well of course, anything is possible.

I'm sure ED will inform us if such an option becomes available... and I hope it does!

Edit: I just wanted people to be clear about what their options are.

So what is the Safety Twerk?
[doublepost=1467724114,1467723945][/doublepost]I wonder how many of each color there are in the 25 cases that were picked up.

The thought of an open device in a transparent case gets more attractive every day, I'm still on the fence between black and transparent if anthracite isn't an option.

For me the 2nd Color is ether this Red or Clear, but I'm not sure yet if i will take Black Anyways.

So do most of you prefer black instead of a darker grey than what is shown in the pictures?

Maybe it is poll time again.

So do most of you prefer black instead of a darker grey than what is shown in the pictures?

I would like a grey that is almost black... With buttons nubs shoulders and stylus in full black.

But I'm still buying a clear one as my first choice. I'm decided.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

From what I've seen so far, isn't it EDs M.O. to suddenly come up with something, hardly anyone here dares to hope for? If so, any poll now would easily become void then.
Further, am I the only one, who doesn't think, the shown samples represent the whole range of standard colours? If they don't, it might still be in the realm of possibility, that Form Action has sample sets (not cases, but rectangles or whatever) from the same plastic and with the same finish and could be bothered to make pictures of some dark reds and dark greys under neutral lighting - although I have no idea how much so.
But I guess, that's me again talking to a wall.

<dream>
translucent dark red, then painted by me on the inside; velvet black around the display and keyboard and safety orange for the outer shell
</dream>

All RAL-Colors (http://www.ral-farben.de/en/PRODUCTS-SHOP/) are available, not only plastic ones but also effect ones.
Seems plenty, but I suppose you can't afford to make many tests.
Removing the rib and milling the case a bit down makes the PCB fit perfectly and the case closed just fine.
Since it's about removing matter (therefore adding on the mold), will the changes be applied to the mold or be an after molding process?

I would like a grey that is almost black... With buttons nubs shoulders and stylus in full black.
+1

@EvilDragon What about the logo plate color tough?

Wow those colors are so beautiful! I don't know which one I want more. Either transparent or red. They both are so beautiful. Maybe I will eventually get both. I don't know. What do you guys think? transparent, red, or blue? The blue one looks awesome too!
BTW I am so sorry about the current loss. Perhaps he is in a better place in the life beyond.

Black, Transparent and various vibrant colors you often see used in kids toys are easy to get: These are standard colors which you can buy in any quantities from the market.

However, if you want to get a REALLY good looking color (like dark metallic or non-metallic red, blue, or whatever), you need to get the color custom made from the manufacturer.
All RAL-Colors (http://www.ral-farben.de/en/PRODUCTS-SHOP/) are available, not only plastic ones but also effect ones.

Do you mean that those are the colours you can get custom made or that those are the ones you can get as standard? If the former, can you at least get enough to get a sample made without committing to such a large purchase? and is there a list somewhere specifically of the widely available colours? If the latter, then RAL 6022 from the classics range seems like a good match for the anthracite render I made. Failing that, I think RAL 6021-P from the plastics range would also work well. :)

-Neelix

this 6022 doesn't look gray
https://www.ralcolorchart.com/ral-6022-olive-drab

is it just me, or does it bug others when people don't put the colors in rainbow order?
Forget about the new world order...
... Metamice promise to put all colours in the proper 'Rainbow Order'

Embrace your inner mouse today for more colours where you want to see them!

You can add your voice to the 'Rainbow Liberation Movement' and help make the world a brighter place for all... even if you don't feel like becoming a mouse.
You don't have to be a Metamouse to appreciate a good rainbow...
Squeek!

Hrm... that's odd. That's not the colour that was displayed for that code on the site ED linked. (though the name does match)

http://www.ral-farben.de/content/ap...lours-names/overview-ral-classic-colours.html

huh, that's weird. great to have an "industry" "standard", RAL...ph.
(i couldn't figure out how to get to this page from ED's link, so it's good to have for comparison.)

@FaeMinx, it's good to hear that the Rainbow Liberation Movement doesn't just stand for desexualizing rainbows, but also has strong values in how to order colors. (let's forget about the second and third dimension of hue/saturation/lightness, which technically make it impossible to order if color is a continuum. most implementations are discretized anwyay.) is this a charity, can i throw money at it?

Forget about the new world order...
... Metamice promise to put all colours in the proper 'Rainbow Order'

Embrace your inner mouse today for more colours where you want to see them!

You can add your voice to the 'Rainbow Liberation Movement' and help make the world a brighter place for all... even if you don't feel like becoming a mouse.
You don't have to be a Metamouse to appreciate a good rainbow...
Squeek!
And yet again we bunnies are the fluffy outsiders.

OnTopic: Did I get this right, that the colors from the first post are an option either way since they don't have a minimum order amount?
With very-near-black grey on top of it (as ED mentioned), we'd already have some nice choices even if my favourite isn't possible.

PS: Someone has to persuade the Greeks, that they need the anthracite colored pellets in their factory anyway or ask GPD whether they'd like to share theirs since (looking at my GPD Q9) they seem to have exactly those.

woah. late to the party, but now that I am reading about @EvilDragon losing a trusted business partner and aquaintance who made the continuation of the pandora production possible, I am also thinking that there should be a small inscription or something like that in the case. a sticker hidden inside, maybe.

anyway, I am strangely intrigued by the purple case. though I will probably still go with black.

woah. late to the party, but now that I am reading about @EvilDragon losing a trusted business partner and aquaintance who made the continuation of the pandora production possible, I am also thinking that there should be a small inscription or something like that in the case. a sticker hidden inside, maybe.

It's a nice gesture, but I assume the community lost even more then one member these years. Would be nice to have a hall of fame on the forums to honor them, although that might be to far fetched (unrelated) for a portable handheld it might just be okay for our community. And just in case any one of you, or myself, will not be with us after this post I want to let you know this community is great, and you'll be missed.

And I'm not sure about the case colors, I agree with ED that the colors look equally good in a safe way and it didn't contain the one that blows you away. Still would get the Pyra in any of those colors, they look sturdy. But ED has shown he is willing to go and look for the best option out there, so I'm waiting if there will be a post showing the ultimate case color.

But I'm still buying a clear one as my first choice. I'm decided.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk
I am just a tiny bit concerned since I don't think ED is planning on doing clear for the first batch. I think many of us are making a lot of unfounded assumptions based on what we want. At this point my acceptable options have actually expanded based on recent news posts. For a while I was going with dark red and dark grey add my top choices, to be determined based on what actually gets made. Black was always in the back of my mind, and after we saw the prototype clear seemed decent. Now I am considering any grey, any red, black and clear, and hoping we will get one grey or black (as ED has said he plans to do) and a "fun" choice, even if it isn't all that fun. The red we were shown isn't all that great, but I an personally still considering it. Now clear seems a better option. Since all of these are realistic options, any of them shouldn't be a problem.

I don't even know what I feel would be a good way to set up a poll at this point. I want to give ED usable info that isn't being messed with, and that doesn't add to the noise he has to deal with. I am thinking five choices, the grey shown, the red shown, the clear shown, a darker grey/off black, and actual black. It looks like two votes would be called for since it seems two colors might get made. Probably hide the voter list for each choice, and I am undecided if allowing people to change votes allows for abusing the system (if it is an option with current board software...I forgot).

But what about blue and purple? I don't think he is seriously planning on doing purple. I don't know if he wants blue or not. We have pics, and those seem to be doable colors, so maybe they should also be included, but why stop there? Why not include every color option that can be made without increased cost? That just makes the whole thing a mess for everyone, so I am not sure where to draw the line. Being able to talk to ED for a few minutes would help clear some things up, and possibly prevent a useless poll. Maybe I will try to bug him on IRC.

The biggest problem I see with a poll as I have it in mind is that people will vote for things other than black or grey to maximize the chances of getting the fun colors, and the results look like most people prefer clear and red or whatever...I dunno.
From what I've seen so far, isn't it EDs M.O. to suddenly come up with something, hardly anyone here dares to hope for? If so, any poll now would easily become void then.
Further, am I the only one, who doesn't think, the shown samples represent the whole range of standard colours? If they don't, it might still be in the realm of possibility, that Form Action has sample sets (not cases, but rectangles or whatever) from the same plastic
He wants colors people will buy. I highly doubt the only choices will be hot pink and the purple we keep seeing.

Those shown aren't the only possible colors, but ED has already spent time narrowing down what he wants to use. See what I said above about finding a place to draw the line. He knows what he wants to use, so we can give feedback so that he has a better idea of what customers want (or we can remain silent and hope he gives us things we will like).

OnTopic: Did I get this right, that the colors from the first post are an option either way since they don't have a minimum order amount?
With very-near-black grey on top of it (as ED mentioned), we'd already have some nice choices even if my favourite isn't possible.
Those, and the other "toy-like" ones, as well as black and various greys, are available in smaller quantities from what I understand in the first post and later clarification. I remember the picture when he was looking at plastic colors (with the samples Djoga'Ro asked about) and there were a lot of choices.

Back