Tweaking and Finalizing

@Dunny I have my own ideas about femininity that are personal and need not even relate to 'female' human beings or even humans at all. I'm sorry I used your terminology so inappropriately. .. I would be delighted if such a word or concept actually existed that I could use instead...
... My kind have no gender. We do not reproduce that way. Your sexual rules/taboos/indulgences/role playing is very alien and absurd to us.

I apologise for using the wrong terminology. My mistake.

So... I'm genuinely curious - when you said:

Violet is just a really nice colour as is, but also appeals to the feminine nature.

This community could do with more feminine energy.

Which... feminine types of ... whoever ... did you have in mind that our community needs more of? I mean, when you say feminine in a forum that's inhabited by a large majority of males, anyone would kind of assume that you're talking about... well, the opposite of those. So who or what do we need more of in here? And if you used terms incorrectly then who exactly were you addressing?

Violet is a really nice colour as is, but also appeals to the feminine nature of those who are gentle hearted and like their environment / decor to reflect the bubbly joyfulness / compassion, affinity, and excitement they feel inside.

This community could do with more feminine energy... in fact everywhere in every universe could do with more feminine energy. I would love to see feminine energy blossom and express itself within every heart, regardless of gender or race... or species.
Loving supportive cooperation that seeks to nourish instead of dominate... to express itself openly in vibrant beauty, grace and innocence without fear of condemnation or restrictive censorship or role specific bias.
May feminine energy divorce itself from sexual identity and gender and become as natural as breathing... as natural as the innocent joy of watching a rainbow paint itself across the sky... feeling the wonder of the moment... to feel love for being that is just for the sake of being.

Don't you think that's enough now Dunny? This is off topic and I'm not sure if I can be any clearer.

@ED hi, I preordered - and I'll be happy whatever main color gets selected. I understand you seem to love dark grey over black, but still I hope you'll have a true black version. To me dark grey always looks like "we tried black, but something somehow bleached it before shipping"

WELP the cases look nice and sturdy. Also great news about the 3D driver, looking forward to a video with a prototype :)

@FaeMinx So, feminin nature means first and foremost being un-focused, emotional and mostly passive?
Please explain further?
If you call feeling for others, I.e. sympathising and empathising being emotional, then yes.

If you call an attitude of consideration and understanding towards others that you respect their process and choose to step back allowing them that process... I.e. do not interfere unless it is to defend or protect what is sacred to you as being passive then yes.

I'm not sure by what you can mean by unfocused?
I personally am a dreamer and idealist, and I do my utmost to engage with myself and the world around me as if that ideal reality is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from what ever stinky situation people find themselves in. And if the world is being especially stinky, I will stand up and say 'Hey world... you are being stinky. Why not be pretty instead? Here's a suggestion...'

I don't always live up to my own standards... I have bad days like everyone... but I do my best!

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

I would love to see feminine energy blossom and express itself within every heart, regardless of gender or race... or species.
Loving supportive cooperation that seeks to nourish instead of dominate... to express itself openly in vibrant beauty, grace and innocence without fear of condemnation or restrictive censorship or role specific bias.
May feminine energy divorce itself from sexual identity and gender and become as natural as breathing... as natural as the innocent joy of watching a rainbow paint itself across the sky... feeling the wonder of the moment... to feel love for being that is just for the sake of being.
That's pretty much my definition of "social", something most humans lack regardless of sex.
Unfortunately the current definition of "social" seems to be what I'd call "extroverted and manipulative".

Violet is a really nice colour as is, but also appeals to the feminine nature of those who are gentle hearted and like their environment / decor to reflect the bubbly joyfulness / compassion, affinity, and excitement they feel inside.

This community could do with more feminine energy... in fact everywhere in every universe could do with more feminine energy. I would love to see feminine energy blossom and express itself within every heart, regardless of gender or race... or species.

Don't you think that's enough now Dunny? This is off topic and I'm not sure if I can be any clearer.

But you're not being clear at all. You first said that we need more colours like purple in order to attract more feminine energy to the forums, which is understandably quite a throwback to an age where these things were considered to be exclusively the domain of the feminine - something that females the world over are trying to get rid of; the association of certain colours/dress styles/attitudes that are considered to promote the divisions between genders at an early age and thus fuel the unfair dominance that males have over them.

Then you backtracked and said that it was nothing to do with being male or female but instead you used terms incorrectly because you're an alien or multi-dimensional being, despite addressing a forum of regular human beings and didn't realise that we humans would have our own uses of those terms, and now you're saying that we need feminine energy for all in rainbow appreciation and such which is again frankly a surprisingly horrid reinforcing of gender-divisive systems, especially considering it comes from someone who professes to be more in touch with their emotions than any of us mere humans. A "higher being" if you will.

We don't need more purple or pink or pastel shades to attract more women into niche tech - we need to start getting women to take on more of the traditionally male roles from an early age (as well as not discouraging males from doing the opposite) so that when they get older they slot right into whatever role they feel is right for them regardless of those traditional values.

Well I'm biased against male roles and behavior and thinking (which is my own issue and failing), and I certainly wouldn't encourage females to become more male in order to be recognised as equal.

I come from the standpoint of growing up as a human male who was constantly teased and made fun of for my effeminate nature, which evolved into other humans categorising me as gay when they became old enough to think in sexual terms. I am arguing from my own personal experiences and am standing up for the right of any being to be as effeminate and girly as they feel like without being shunted into some sexual camp by other human beings who feel threatened by too much prettiness in a place they don't expect.

If there are girls out there who grew up with male attitudes and manarisms who resent the female conditioning society placed upon them, I would encourage them to be true to themselves the same way I am being true to myself.

I am not fighting for female equality and rights. As far as I am concerned we are all equal. Always have been, always will be. That means I do not recognise any authority over anyone. We are each our own authority and belong to no one but ourselves.

I am defending and expressing a concept that I try to adhere to and encourage in others that I incorrectly labeled 'feminine nature'

Klumpen calls it Social.
I will tentatively suggest 'Social Conscience' as a possibly more appropriate term to use.

Regardless, I am not going to change for you.. and will repeate that my reputation is not important to me. I will stay as I am, seeing things the way I do. You are more than welcome to see me any way you like. I even said I would make it easy for you.

My logic is different to yours, so to myself I am completely consistent while to you I am simply a deluded intellectual retard. I am fine with you seeing me that way.
If you are trying to prove a point or 'win' something here... I will use my incorrect terminology again and say you are behaving like a typical male trying to dominate those you regard as inferior / less intelligent than yourself and your peers.

You and I have different values. What you call clever I call stupid. We can continue to argue but the argument will never end because words and concepts mean something different to me than what they mean to you.

I guess because I am in the minority and most other humans will agree with your more in line generally accepted definitions of those concepts... It means you win be default. You are correct. I am disqualified for making up my own meanings and living in my own personal universe.

Honestly, this discussion is completely pointless. I don't agree with how you see things and you don't agree with how I see things. It's that simple.

Edit: placed in spoilers because off topic and inappropriate. I also promise to ignore Dunny if he insists on continuing this. Sorry guys.

Edit edit:
Dunny and I are arguing different points. He thinks I am wanting to attract females to this community. I couldn't care less.
While I am actually wanting to appeal to those with a (what I call) feminine nature like myself. Remember that to me femininity has absolutely nothing to do with gender. I've already explained this. I don't know why he can't understand that this is a difference of perspective and a misunderstanding that arose from my habit of creating my own personal definition of common terms that really only relate to me. I actually don't care at all about the point he is trying to make.
Therefor this entire diatribe is pointless.
I still like Violet because it appeals to my feminine nature, and would like to see more of my particular brand of feminine energy present in the community. .. actual females not required.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Not a mod here, but it would be nice if you come back to something even remotely related to the topic started by ED... Thanks!

But OpenGL with glshim also works a bit on the Pyra (well, with some rendering errors, etc.), glshim will be fully included in the Pyra OS.

Awesome! Just to be sure: Are those rendering errors something temporary that just needs more work, or are the proprietary drivers at fault?

Edit: so im not trying to say anyone is wrong, just brainstorming on what we have, what we can expect, and what we dont expect currently.

We don't need more purple or pink or pastel shades to attract more women into niche tech - we need to start getting women to take on more of the traditionally male roles from an early age (as well as not discouraging males from doing the opposite) so that when they get older they slot right into whatever role they feel is right for them regardless of those traditional values.
All the roles in our field are niche. Maybe if colour-choices suggested there was also options for others than sterotypical males, it would not have to be niche to the point that it is. Ie. more widespread.
Males are what we have to work with atm. Currently things are changing rapidly. Maybe something for males that don't subscribe to the regular set, or even colours for people that don't care about colours. Like the most boring thing you could ever think of. Volvo 240 brown or something. Two birds one stone.
The notion that you pressure someone into picking a colour by offering what you deem to be outside of your scope of colours is the same as leaving the "getting" up to support your argument. Values don't come out of nowhere, aren't arbitrary, nor is sex.
They might be, but that doesn't solve your issue.

It is a slow process. We are a high 90% male demographic right now. For no fault of our own, unless you have an explanation.
What we could do is for example run a traditionally female logo, and we did. Now does that force the issue, alienating our current demographic, or does it help? Time may tell.

I'm not above having a sterotypically female colourchoice just to cater to stereotypical girls, of which there are many.
The error I think is made when there is too little choice. Like blue for boys and pink for girls.

The pyra is not specifically _for_ anyone, so why would it need a colourscheme to suggest that it is?
Male audience, standard male getup, solid choice, no risk.
Then again there is a female demographic that is a huge market.

I think we can agree colours isnt going to magically change the human condition, be it environmental, hereditary, or both.
So we can take votes from people buying them, and we did. And those colours were produced, and the results are in.

There isnt much choice in the matter. Its straight up deterministic.

What we could do, knowing we are most all male, is try to think of things we don't like, what other people may like, and listen to the people who don't conform well.

So once the ball is rolling, and we can reasonably afford one colour to gamble with, possibly after the "perfect special colour(s)" how about just going full bore and pull all the stops.

Something iconic, something out of this world different, just something that screams attention and gets noticed from far and wide.

I think the clear one is already quite different, and can look smashing with internal paint.

What would a crazy setup, with this or something else do, possibly more than 'another' inside-box centric outlier, which admittedly gets smaller and smaller if we assume people know what they want beforehand, rather than just hitting it perfectly by chance.

You can get a popular designer to do it, which guarantees press in new fields. But what would be good, what would be right? And by that I mean possibly so utterly wrong that it becomes right. The cult classic badness, with some greatness.

Honestly Faeminx, you're totally missing the point of what I'm saying. Suggesting (as you most certainly did) that we need to attract more feminine energy by promoting "feminine" colours is as destructive to gender equality of any form as it is to promote small boys playing with guns and toy solders or for girls to play with barbie dolls. It's an ingrained sexist attitude that needs to be dealt with by removing the stereotyping rather than trying to subvert the conditioning of people that have already been subjected to it.

We need to remove barriers by changing the way we develop at an early age, not perpetuate inequality.

I think that offering other colours according to individual taste is a wonderful idea. But using them to "attract" people into our world is a horrifying concept.

Why oh why can't I help myself ..?

I think stuff like "feminine qualities" and "masculine qualities" simply doesn't exist. People are condisioned by culture, values and upbringing and such but these said qualities are arbitrary, made up because some people are fixated in categorizing everything. People constantly break these "rules" because they are useless at describing inherent qualities as they are not inherent at all.

I prefer if we don't make a gender issue of this and simply let peoples design preferences be just that: design preferences.

As for me, I prefer a neutral color that is easy to clean and doesn't look valuable enough to steal.

It is a slow process. We are a high 90% male demographic right now. For no fault of our own, unless you have an explanation.

Of course I do :D

And no, it's not our fault. It's our parents' fault. They perpetuated the stereotypes of, as you said, blue for boys and pink for girls. For many years now, tech and geekery has been predominantly a male thing - the province of the basement dweller, the emo-type, the friendless. With the advent of serious videogaming that's being broken down but it's a stereotype that can be destroyed by our generation. Inherent sexism cannot, it must be absent from our development. Girls are discouraged from playing games for the most part because they're seen as boys' toys. And they're seen that way by our parents (and some of us) and we tell our daughters that they're for boys.

Until we start educating our very young children that computers, tech, geekery, gaming is for everyone then we won't change things. And so the pyra audience will be 90%+ male.

And as an aside, there is something in our biological makeup that goes even deeper than our conditioning - I have a four year old son who plays with dolls and toy guns if he finds them - but tends to send the girly dolls into battle along with the action men. I suspect there's something more to this than meets the eye :)

My parents didnt. And i didnt know games were supposed to be for boys. See what you did there?
We also havent been educating a lot of things, but still you can find them according to sex, bloodtype, or other criteria.

The Pyra audience are at its core, older gamers, people who grew up with games. If that was a time when things were what they were, well then that is the second wave of those same people. I dont care what sex they are, I just care about as many people buying a pyra as possible. Computer freedom also is a non-sexual thing. More of that please.

I think you as a parent failed at the sexism thing, because you procastrinated. There is no winning move there. Unless you count me, who has no children, perfectly able to maintain the idea that you are at fault. I could even say you are the parent you say our parents were.

If I am perfectly honest, maybe my willingness to accept people just as their wallets stops at the new generation of social justice warriors. Do i really want them in the community I am in? Am i even the kind of person I want in a community.
So on the tangent that i don't, I think I still would want the very worst of those. Because if they can just keep among themselves, it is bound to get worse. So am I then accepting diversity to in a greater sense not have the extreme diversity, yes.

I will accept the notion that I'm against diversity, for someones valid notion of what diversity is, with open arms.

---------------------------------------

Apple did great with the gays. Why can't we. With a rainbow model, or with any of the other models. What I'm saying is we can both sell the rainbow model to people who want to be gay with it, and people that want to have non-gay rainbows.

So do I then accept the breakdown of an alienated group to bring them into the crowd, yes. Welcome to the club.

I want a gay colour, not in the sexual sense, just something thats completely off. Because i think using gay as a neccesity for sexual insult, is impacting what is otherwise regular speech, and makes scapegoats of people who arent. Should we have some level of awareness, yes. But not with monopolizing gay.

So do i then support a device i would find to be against my liking, and equally so welcomes diversity, but pisses off righteous people. Yeeah, thats what im about. Thats my level of meta. High-concept levels of ugly. Would I call it gay, no. But I reserve my right to, or maybe I dont.
Who am I to decide the sex of my devices? See what I did, don't see what I did. Who am I, am i the colour of my device? Can i both protest for and against it by having any colour, yes. Am i forced to have a colour, possibly.

Could it be a colour that is easy to customize? Would that be white, isnt that the worst. Would i pick the worst one to be able to have more easy choice?

So do i resent ambiguity, but also secretly love it. Yeeees. Lets have a colour that doesnt make any sense.

Edit: So non-discriminatory discrimination of all angles. But does it stop at people. Am I unfairly biased against the botnet because it isnt sentient yet. Maybe. Would i sell Pyras to the botnet to this aim. Hmmm. Anything less would be accepting what people do with their Pyras as a staple of owning a Pyra.
There I reserve full discrimination. Its a fantastic community full of wonderful people.

So do i for a variation on the theme discriminate, discriminate favourably towards a homogenous group, yes. So what if I did, if you want to do something about it, come join.

Edit2: So im a bit unable to pick a colour, as I imagine many people struggle with choice, how about making the colourchoice not about colour.

I would take anything if it was recycled. Some plastic from the oceans or anything like that.

Who sells recycled 'something you can fit in a plastic mold' that is structurally very good?

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if there are no noteworthy differences between males and females, but they are apparently not very relevant. For instead of focusing on those hypothetical differences people keep focusing on irrelevant stuff like which color belongs to what gender and if child bearing equals natural talent for cooking meals.

We should really take this to another thread, and stay on topic. But considering everyone has made their points, I think we can leave it altogether, now.

I will quickly say that I agree children are discouraged from playing with toys etc, that do not fit in with the stereotypical gender roles.
Luckily, I was able to play with whatever toys I wanted (action figures, dolls etc), and I liked fixing bikes, climbing trees, and playing games on my Megadrive. No problem. However, I was then labelled as a "tomboy". It didn't bother me so much, but it made me feel like a I was masculine-girl, which I wasn't really. And I do still enjoy those things, but would say I'm seen as very "feminine" as an adult. Could have been conditioning, I don't know. I'm just me. I like what I like and cannot be categorised - and I'm a female member of this community :).

So pick your colours because you like the colour, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Now on topic:

I was originally going to go with the clear one, but then I saw purple - which is my favourite colour! :D. If I could get a clear purple, that would be very cool (and my preference), but I'm not greedy, and will settle with the solid purple.

Back